ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT - Wheel stuck on

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
Guy's, been trying for 30 mins and getting frustrated.
Jacked up car
Loosened bolts
but wheel wont come off?

Tried kicking it from both ends, levering with a crowbar braced against the caliper and nothing will budge it.

All the other 3 wheels came off after two kicks.

Any ideas, gonna wait till caliper paint dries then give it some hard driving to heat it up and see if that helps.

i remember seeing down the tyre place one similar ....he got the wooden hammer and was really going for it before it came off ......

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
Ok thanks for the tips, i now need a new bumper, disk and caliper, not to mention my wheel hit a granny and killed her.

Lol

320d
Put a decent thickness and length of timber against the inside of the wheel/tyre covering as bigger area as possible and hit it with a mallet, spin the wheel slightly and repeat till it loosens

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
I had one stuck on once.

I put a piece of 4x2 up against the back of the rim and wound the car jack up between it and another piece of wood resting on the bottom of the sub frame.

Just go easy though !!!

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
don't f**k about get a copper/hide hammer lay underneath and t**t it off! hit the inside of the tyre first if that don't work you'll have to hit the inside of the wheel rim. use the hide end first if that don't work you'll have to use the copper side and take a chance

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Yea we got big mallets in work which are plastic but with lead weights inside these soon get the wheels off.

CB600FS
PMSL, kicking it? Butchers. All you girls must have tweeny hands, just give it a bash with your palm, turn it then bash it again, repeat.

M2 Competition
Slowly lower it back down to the ground (the jack still supporting some of the weight of the car, dont drop it god no) and the weight of the car and the ground should break the seal slightly.

You sprayed lots of wd40 on it also mate?

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
Went to see the dude at National tyres and he let me loose with his tools.

Got it on a good jack, then used and BIG rubber hammer to smack it about, came of after a few hits but was propper welded.

Coppersliped it all up and painted caliper back at home. Jobs a good un

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
should'nt use copaslip on hub faces or wheel nuts, it hold off the torque figure. use light engine oil

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
Got them, the alloys came with them, and they only really help you marry the wheel to the hub.

Copper grease is what I did get, just a wee bit where the welds were