ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

using resistor on front Lambda sensor?

Renault Clio 4, 2016
Hello - I have heard of people putting in a resistor on the plugs of certain senors to fool the engine and make the orange engine light on the dash go out , can this be done with the Lambda sensor (pre-cat/front)? if so what size resistor is needed and (there are 4wires to the Lambda - pretty sure 2 are for the heater) what 2 wires would need to have the resistor put across? I dont mind if the engine is in open loop because it runs better like that anyway (as it does when lambda is disconnected) I've tried replacing Lambda sensor with brand new one and its still the same ( works better with it disconnected) Clio 2 1.2 16valve 2003

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
If a new lambda sensor didn't fix it, then it's probably not the lambda at fault.

Unless you bought one of the cheapo eBay ones that is?

Have you had any diagnosis done on the car? At the very least it needs the codes reading and ideally a session on Clip (By someone that knows how to use it)

Renault Clio 4, 2016
If a new lambda sensor didn't fix it, then it's probably not the lambda at fault.

Unless you bought one of the cheapo eBay ones that is?

Have you had any diagnosis done on the car? At the very least it needs the codes reading and ideally a session on Clip (By someone that knows how to use it)

Thanks yep it was a cheap one off ebay 25quid I think - yep I must get meself a code reader and resetter one day, it would be handy. - Car seems to idle better without it connected (whether it be original or ebay one)