ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

v6 or ThrottleB's (172)+ next '2nd' car - PROBLEMS!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I used to do a 100mile round trip to work, but it was all country lanes with NO dual carriageways.

Best time was 55minutes and worst was over 2 hours.

Now I do a 40 mile round trip, but because it's toward the city it means rush hour traffic, takes about an hour which is rediculous.

If you want a CHEAP diesel, consider the Clio. All the Renault cheapness, plus "might-as-well-be-free" tax and 50mpg with average driving... Did a 250mile motorway journey yesterday though and flat out (between 110 and 120 GPS) does 25mpg.

Got caught in 2 sets of traffic though, both crashes, one of which involved a Ferrari 355 and a TVR Tuscan!! And... a fiesta, corsa and zafira..

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Take a leaf out my book, I am thinking of getting a bike for commuting

Dirty cheap to buy and run. Sure there is the "you might die when crashed into" thing. But traffic is no problemo then.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
ha i like your naive attitude.

mucho ££££s involved shall we say. well -over £55k anyway.

What's naiive?

I value quality of life over money and cars...

it will take me an hour each way each day, currently its 40minuites each way, each day.

so for that 20 minute penalty - its worth it! :D

I agree if i could i would prefer it to be closer, but its not, so i'll just have to deal with that!

Iceberg 172
it just takes some getting used to thats all. I used to commute about 40mins each way in the car for a journey that would take 15mins when there's no traffic. I still enjoyed driving in because it gave me some time to myself and an opportunity to ease into the day. I now commute into london on the train (1hr travel) which is a bit crappy at the best of times but my quality of life is a hell of alot better and I love the social side of the city. Whatever your commute is, you get used to it. As long as your priority is work to live rather than live to work then an hour either side of work doesnt mean crapola. I think its a little short sighted to assume that r20 hasnt considered quality of life before making this decision :)

The Beast MK4
I would sell that shed of a car you have just now to me for 2k. Then buy than blue Monaco 1.2 with Pro Race wheels for about 10k. ;)

You earn 55k!?

Shouldnt you be ordering a new Audi/BMW/Merc Diesel and clearing out your garage to store a nice sportscar for the weekend, or am I just being naive...

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
why dont you just buy an old shitty diesel 106 or something fora grand instead of a £7k vectra.

Then buy a V6 too, apparently they are not as good as people think, but imagine driving home from work in your shitty daily driver, and seeing that!

Lionel Richie
i have a £750 1.9 Preg clio diesel and a V6 255 :)

the best bit is the £750 shitter is more comfortable! LOL