ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver With Coilovers vs Williams

Focus ST

I would say it depends on the road type/surface. Wouldve thought that the Williams set-up would be more forgiving on bumpy, twisty B-road type scenario, but a coilovered valver would be more suited to a smooth sweeping A-road. Just my opinion though - feel free to flame!

Williams on bumpy surfaces will be the best hands-down. Coilovered valver would maybe be slightly better on smooth surfaces but id still pick the willy (yes - its setup really is THAT good).....

Well i have a williams and the other half has a valver on coilovers personally i think equal, really to close to call.

Comfort wise the williams wins hands down no contest.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Horses for courses. Williams for road holding and comfort, coilovers for lowered stance, great road holding on smooth surface and better cornering speed with bumpier ride on the rough.

I would never change the setup on my williams but thats me, i suppose i have the best of both worlds really, power comes into it as well but ill let john answer that.

Unless its set up properly and not lowered too much (avoiding bumpsteer etc.) the Williams will still be better handling, its more than just new springs and dampers at the end of the day. Id expect the valver would have more grip and thefore be faster though.

-Rob