ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Want more power! (16v)

At the moment my valver engine specs are;

K-Tec Exhaust & De-Cat
Piper X Viper IK
HillPower Stage 1 Chip
FSE Power Boost Valve
Mocal Oil Cooler

Basically, what are my options for a bit of cheap extra power.

Manifold? How much better are they than OE ones? Which one is the best!

New Chip? Any suggestions?

Really dont want to go the cams etc route, as I dont want to spend too much more on the car as shell be going next year possibly!

Cheers

Tom

German Barge

Cams arent expensive? - i paid approx £300 or something for cams, followers and verniers.

and i would defo say your next best option along with remap...(£500 @ GDI)...

a decent S/S manifold will cost you near to £250...

Hah I was waiting for someone to say 2.0 it!

To be honest I like the way the 1.8 revs, and I think its too much of an expense/hassle. I dont really want to be without the car for too long.

I think a manifold is going to be the first step (and maybe last lol) but which one? K-Tec? Supersprint? (Any others?)

Neil - Dont want to change cars, when I do itll be for something quick like an EVO.

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

I think the Manifolds cost too much IMO,for the gain.But they look nice!

1.8 Civic EX

I just got the ktec manifold fitted on Friday.....luv it..(to my knowledge it is the supersprint one)

car sounds real throaty now, feels like the car has power all the way up to 7k revs unlike before it felt like it was running out of steam at 6k. Its quality, I also have a powerflow performance cat and s/s system with a piperx ik. cost a fair bit but Im no mechanic so drove down there for them to fit it.....

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Since mine was RRd at 148 with Magnex inc Decat, BB chip and BMC CDA all I have done is added a Superprint Manifold. May take it near or over 150 but will have to get it RRd.

If you have a cambelt change coming up soon may be cost effective to get new cams fitted at same time, even if regrinds, it will help. A proper remap woudl also help as off the shelf chips dont get best from engine but are 350 quid minimum or R Tuner on ebay is an option at 150 quid plus how ever many hours it takes you to tweek it.

I think a manifold will do for now, see how that performs.

Can anyone confirm the K-Tec one is a Supersprint one? Also, if it is, are they the cheapest place to buy it from (including discount)

Got a cambelt due in 6K so thatll be next year, so maybe the best option would be save up and get the cambelt and maybe cams and a remap all at the same time. Anything to save labour!

Cheers lads....

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Got my supersprint manifold from the for sale forum on here. Seller was a trader and it was brand new for 250 quid. He may be able to get more.

You could probably get regrind cams for 250 quid. Fitting would probably cost around same as the manifold and you should get over 10 bhp increase. Think Supersprint quote 5 for the manifold. If done at same time as cambelt (no reason not to get done sooner) then could work out cheaper.

Think if you ask Bondy on here you get some good Cam prices.

Wouldnt bother with manifold - std 16v is good enough.

Remove the PAS is cheap to do and will net 5bhp or so plus free the engine up significantly...

kits to remove powersteering avaliable at £45 email or call mailto:phatnova24@hotmail.com">phatnova24@hotmail.com 07903712650