ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wanted a m3 but....

impreza p1
intresting views from everyone and thanks for all the comments back, well its been on my mind all day, i'm 22 at the moment so i'm thinking is the m3 a little bit grown up for me lol, speed/comfort/running costs isn't the main priority as the p1 is crap on fuel, not the most comfortable but is quick but to be fair i hardly drive it fast, i like getting attention and in the v6 i'll get that lol, was bad enough in my liquid 182.

i think if i get a v6 i could go to the m3 after maybe but i dont think i could go from a m3 to a v6, so i think i'll get the vee then who knows lol plus i haven't seen many in bristol

compared insurance today aswell:

clio v6 £1279
m3 £2317
p1 £1778

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
^^

Hah too true. I've still never seen another Vee on the road aside from going too/from FCS right near the venue :)

The driver of that MCoupe in the ghostrider vid has got skills and some stones.

Dan

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
thing is an m3 doesnt have indicators. in 15 years of driving ive never seen an m3 with them. and the interior glass must be really bad for the driver, cos every one i see has fog lights on. You dont buy a v6 for the build quality, or speed, you buy it so when its in a car park people come and talk about it, it gets noticed. m3 owners just tend to get various hand signals when cutting people up.

:)

LANDLORD! get this man a beer on me!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
^^^^

There are vids of that M3 on YouTube - it doesn't look as awesome without photoshop work :( Wheels are smaller, it's not as low etc. Still looks damn cool though and is mentally fast.

Dan

Clio Trophy #123
My head would say an M3 (love em) but my heart (and thats what I always go with) says the V6!

Ive only seen 3 on the road....... EVER!!

I see at least 3 or 4 m3's a week (always give em a 2nd look though)

I know the BM is a better built car but....so fook...the clio gets the looks, is rare and gets respect (well from me anyway)

I was actually going to get a V6 after the VX but the wife insisted I got a family car as the 2 seater was "stupid" (God i must be under the thumb) so..... I got the family "clio Trophy".

Get a V6... Nuff said. :D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I took a 30min diversion today just so i could drive the car more...FUCKIN love it! As much as i did the first time i drove it.
Someone shouted poser once...lol...Bothered it's true!

I took a 30min diversion today just so i could drive the car more...f**kIN love it! As much as i did the first time i drove it.

I do that all the time in the 182. I can only imagine the desire is multiplied in a Vee! :approve:

impreza p1
lol, nothing wrong with abit of posing, if you got it flaunt it lol

now the decision of colour, would love another liquid but cant stretch that far so blue it is :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I took a 30min diversion today just so i could drive the car more...f**kIN love it! As much as i did the first time i drove it.

I do that all the time in the 182. I can only imagine the desire is multiplied in a Vee! :approve:

It really is! A low Soon to be reprayed vee! It's just epic! People stop and stare....Coz it's different. In this thread the M is better in all but 2 factors. Noise and Soul!!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol, nothing wrong with abit of posing, if you got it flaunt it lol

now the decision of colour, would love another liquid but cant stretch that far so blue it is :)

Liquid is amazin...IF you can get one. Illiad is Beautiful. Yes the most common, but how many vee's have you ever seen! LOL

Stunin wi the shades on! And the both windows down (Both at the same height) PMSL!

MKIII 138
LOL coming from a migraine driver- the worst rear end on a car in history--:eek:
Awful..

I would gladly take the ford over that bag o nails-
S

not really, its a nice rear end to a lot of people, is that all ?

bag o nails.. hmm ford have less money than renault wonder which one is really nails.

if its ford v renault.. F1 ?

the focus 1.6,1.8.2.0TDCI, Zetec, ST, concept RS all look so uninspiring its just funny.

tell you what, the other day i destroyed (obviously) a pesky 1.8 new shape zetec focus with a fastford sticker... hmmm, now if it had of been the last shape focus id still have destroyed it but i still wouldnt have laughed so hard as the last focus looked mean, sporty, cool in all honesty. it was light, handled fantastic and was more FOCUSED, get it ;)

the new focus is just a very poor car with no soul, its been agreed and decided. as radical as a R26 is in styling the fact is, its faster on track, braking, accelaration, roads etc...

its a better, more fun, more desireble and more interesting car.

lol at you m8.

LY V6 with Recaros
I'd go for a vee. I may be biased, but if you want to get attention you'll certainly get it in a vee, so much rarer.

Don't get me wrong, M3's are nice cars and they're lovely to drive (well, never driven an M3 but have driven other BMW models so can only imagine an M3 would be nice too) but they don't feel as special as the v6. Plus as someone else pointed out, they lack a bit of imagination. People buy them as everyone has them and it sounds cool to say you own a BMW or M3, it fits in with some kind of 'image'. But I come across so many idiots on BM's that I don't think I'd actually want to own one! There was one today driving around town flashing it's lights for everyone to get out it's way driving about 60mph in a 30! Though it was police at first!

impreza p1
im just trying to compare the main factors,

performance wise isnt that important because if i wanted a fast car i'd keep the p1, the v6 aint that far off the m3 similar

comfort wise, i'm 22 not 60 so i dont mind a harsher ride

running costs, both similar to the p1

insurance, v6 alomost 1k cheaper than the m3

alot of people may disagree but i think the vee would suit me better, cos i'm a posing wanker lol

Engles Mummy
i cant get a clio v6 out of my head.

i'm looking to spend between 14-17k on a new car, its between a e46 m3 and clio v6, what would you go for and why?

are the v6's likely to lose much money compared to the m3?

running costs are very similar but think i know which will get the most looks

Go for the v6 first, have it for 6 months then realise how crap it is...then go for the m3 :)

Nah honestly, v6 is amazing but it's got nothing on the m3.

It's all about the M POWER baby!

peace xxx

clio 1.2 16v,
go for the vee, an m3 doesnt look much differnt to other bmws, im a poser too love posing, but more into motorbikes for that, the vee with the great intakes differnt colour small car, hudge bucket seats

cant go wrong hoping to get one 2 years and counting :)P

Mark 1 Clio V6
I would say M3, but only because I have already owned a V.

If you are a poser you will not be let down in the V - people will stop you and ask you about the car all the time. Folk will look and have no idea what it is or anything about it.
You will not get any of that in the BMW.

After a while the attention becomes annoying IMO, so I got rid after a year.
I also had some major problems with coils going all the time that super Renault couldn't fix for some reason.
Lastly I struggled with it as my only car so had to run a second car.

I doubt you will ever drive a car that gains as much attention as the V6 without spending 6 figures.
If that's what is driving your purchase go for the V.
If it's about the drive and the performance go for the M3.

Cliosport 197
I have never driven a v6 so don't really know what they are like,they do look the nuts though.But i would have too choose the M3,I am also in the process of looking too buy one,having driven my mum and dads old one can honestly say its the best car I've ever driven,the speed,handling,comfort and looks especially in black just dose it for me,also the fact of having a a back seat is something I'd prefer.But I do really love the V6,but sorry M3 for me.

Clio 197
Hmmm, my Ragnotti was dead even with a certain V6, both in roll on acceleration, and top speed. Tested on the Autobahn. I was amazed...

A certain Renault UK employee will vouch for this. I only wish he had tole me that a couple of the ignition leads had come loose...

The V6 is a great car to look at, but somewhat disappointing to drive.

Clio Trophy #123
I have never driven a v6 so don't really know what they are like,they do look the nuts though.But i would have too choose the M3,I am also in the process of looking too buy one,having driven my mum and dads old one can honestly say its the best car I've ever driven,the speed,handling,comfort and looks especially in black just dose it for me,also the fact of having a a back seat is something I'd prefer.But I do really love the V6,but sorry M3 for me.

Wacking in a "full stop" and "Pressing the Return Key" every now and then in a written sentence, really helps people absorb your work much better IMO.

Nice work though?

:D

Last edited:
  Suzuki Swift Sport
A friend of mine had a ph2 vee - he has had all sorts of cars including a lotus exige s and he really rated the vee, it has so much character. I loved it as a passenger it drew in so much attention and was just so unique. The m3 is a fantastic car but they really are 2 massively different cars, hard to compare - id have the m3 for going to work in and the vee for playing at weekends!

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
lol at all the V6 owners sticking together.

m3 vs V6 mmm toughy.

the V6 has the rarity and the looks but the bmw has the speed, the practicality and the comfort!

p.s why mock some ones grammar? its a website not a class room and if you cant read what he has put without complaining you obviously need your eyes testing or reading lessons.

Clio 182.
IMO....

The V6 isnt enough car for the money, as much as i admire the sheer stupidity and overall awesomeness of a V6 in a bean can, its a lot of money for nothing really.

And i wouldnt be seen dead in a BMW. I hate them with a burning passion, which is a shame, cos im sure the M3 is awesome, i just wouldnt want anything to do with the image that car gives off, nor be tarred with the same brush as the tossers that drive them (as a sweeping generalisation).

So, if it really is between JUST those 2 cars. V6. But get the right colour - LY. An old school friend of mine, who lives over the road has one in LY and its stunning.

A nice little anecdote to put you off the beemer -

A day from the diary of a BMW driver...

"The other day I was cruising along as usual coming onto one of my motorways, which was very busy with inferior cars.

First off, I couldn't believe that the volume of traffic DIDN'T slow down for me AT ALL as I came off the slip road! I had to squeeze into a barely big enough gap between two cars in order to get onto my motorway!

The driver of the car behind me did realise his mistake though and honked an apology to me with a long blast of his horn.

Unbelievably, I had to do the same again before I could get to the BMW lane.

Anyway, once I was in the BMW lane and posing along at 110 mph enjoying the adulation that the inferior car drivers were giving me, I noticed an inferior car ahead of me which was not only in the BMW lane of my motorway, but was driving at a ridiculous 70 mph!

Naturally, I got within a foot or so of his rear bumper and flashed my headlights to remind him he shouldn't be in the BMW lane of my motorway and to get out of my way.

Of course, once he realised it was a BMW behind him, he did just that, but I could hardly believe it when he pulled straight back out behind me!

He also tried to keep up with me and when he realised I would out-run him, he put on some blue lights in his front grill and urged me to get onto the hard shoulder so that he could congratulate me on my excellent car.

Needless to say, I was eager to oblige and when we had stopped, the man gave me a piece of paper confirming what I already knew - that my car goes fast!

Apparently he wants everyone to know what a superior car I have, so I had to take my drivers licence to a police station to be sent away to have some points put on! But the man at the police station said that because I drive a BMW, it won't be much longer before I earn the full 12 points, and then I won't even NEED a driving licence, so they will take it off me!

See, now THAT'S the sort of respect you get when you own and drive a BMW!"

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
If you're a posey t**t you'll love the Vee. I do :D And Ali certainly does goin by his posts haha. Everynow an again you'll be almost embarassed by how much you love been the centre of attention and say stuff like "It's so annoying when people are taking it's photo on their mobile when I'm just trying to get somewhere" - when really, you love it haha :D

Dan