ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wanting Bigger Brakes

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3
got the new bigger alloys on and the standard brakes look tiny!!

im after a set of bigger brakes to fill the gaps

not after anything really fancy - something with similar performance to the standard brakes - better is a bonus

i dont have much knowledge when it comes to brakes - what to look for , what brands, price etc...

Edde suggested the k-tec big brake kit for a basic set but i want to see what else is out there

car is a show car so something a bit flash looking would be good too but its an every day driver so they need to last!

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3
like i said i dont know how much brakes are

k-tec seems expensive but if its a reasonable price then fair enough

Twingo 133
The big disc kit which K-tec do does look good and brakes well.
Shame its quite pricy though.
The other option would be to go for a 2.0l brake setup? im not sure how easy that would be to do though.
Other than that 4pots could be an option but there quite dear.

arj256 said:
The big disc kit which K-tec do does look good and brakes well.
Shame its quite pricy though.
The other option would be to go for a 2.0l brake setup? im not sure how easy that would be to do though.
Other than that 4pots could be an option but there quite dear.
I doidn't like the big brake I wanted more stopping power and that gave very little extra harder ds2500 pads and normal disk are better stopping power and ore fade resistanct but they don't look as good the big brake kit did look good and realy fitted the wheels.
The 2.0 setup for the 172/182 etc isn't realy an easy option you could do it you'd need to have brakcets made up to space the calieprs correctly though.

The 4 pot setup that Yozzasport amoungs other sell is a good upgrade I had it on the Williams and its superb its not cheap though and since the stanard setup uses the stock disk it doesn't look much better. You can get bigger disk to work but you don't need also the extra weight of bigger disks is wasted on track days as it increases rotating mass with no benefit.

Twingo 133
edde said:
I doidn't like the big brake I wanted more stopping power and that gave very little extra harder ds2500 pads and normal disk are better stopping power and ore fade resistanct but they don't look as good the big brake kit did look good and realy fitted the wheels.

I would agree that they dont give much better stopping power than a good condition standard setup.
Main noticable difference with the bigger brakes is its easier to lock up.
But the kit is more for looks than performance.

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3
well give me some names/ brands/ prices and links to good big brake set ups

Boydie said:
well give me some names/ brands/ prices and links to good big brake set ups

Ktec is the only one which uses the standard calipers the rest all use 4 pot etc calipers which puts the cost up massivly.

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3
so the k-tec kit is just pads and disc's?

also with the CS discount - i mite give them a call 2moro :D

Boydie said:
so the k-tec kit is just pads and disc's?

also with the CS discount - i mite give them a call 2moro :D
Yep some spacer brackets new lines as well (I think) Different caliper thingie which the caliper bolt to.

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3
i was and then it ran out and ive tried to become a member again but i cant find the form, ive pm'd mods and i havent heard and i wasn't offered it again :(