ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wash and wax a cup.

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Car was looking very dirty (no before pics) and with the sun shining i took full advantage lol. Washed polished and waxed, plus polished the windows.

It was pretty dull when i took the pic's tho:dapprove:

newcuppics055-1.jpg

newcuppics040.jpg

newcuppics044.jpg

newcuppics047.jpg

newcuppics042.jpg

Also cleaned inside:)

newcuppics.gif

Just need to get hold of some washer jet blanks, nit paying £70 from renault! Also do you think i should spray the diamond black??

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Are the wheels bluey coloured too? Not a fan! Silver would look nicer.

Looks clean tho!

Z4
Looking very nice mate, similar to how I want mine really, I'll be painting the calipers yellow when it's dry and I'm not sure where to get the bullets done...Any close ups of the bullets? Where did you get them done?

If I were you I'd spray the diamond matt black and maybe get a gloss c/f splitter?

What's mr french like compared with your old civic btw?

Astra van,Mk1 nova
very nice looking cup mate, not a fan of the yellow calipers, looks cheap :( love the rest :)

chris p - do the bullets yourself, easy job, i did mine about 8 months ago and they still look good, 1st time ever too :)

19507544a9441289706l.jpg

Last edited:
  54 astravan 1.7tdci
tidy cup! good mod the leathers i'd do that. as for the washer blanks £70 wtf.
tell ya what go to a c/s meet and steal some of another;) or some washes mightt be a temp fix to cover the holes.who'd know apart from people on here?

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Looking very nice mate, similar to how I want mine really, I'll be painting the calipers yellow when it's dry and I'm not sure where to get the bullets done...Any close ups of the bullets? Where did you get them done?

If I were you I'd spray the diamond matt black and maybe get a gloss c/f splitter?

What's mr french like compared with your old civic btw?

Did the bullets myself mate he is how they looked last week!

newcuppics021.jpg

Just the same now but with yellow letters. The cup is very similar to the ctr in many ways, the ctr has a much better gearbox and engine tho. Speed wise the cup feels a little faster to about 70mph after that is close untill 100mph then it's bye bye clio. Btw my ctr was aroung 227 bhp:eek:

Miss some bit's of the ctr but i'm really happy with cup and was susprised how quick they are!

Kev

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Looks good mate, what made you chop in for the CTR for it? thinking of getting one next year as a good one can be had for under 5k now

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Looks good.
PH1 seats?? Wisher the newer ones had the coloured stiching.

Don't like the numberplate though :(

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Originally Posted by Jamesstone
Looks good mate, what made you chop in for the CTR for it? thinking of getting one next year as a Raped one can be had for under 5k now
Indeed

Check piston heads mate, imagine what prices will be like in january when no fookers got money & needs cash asap - bargains to be had!, i payed 3.5k for my 172 in MARCH this year before the recesion, 51k full service history & cambelts had been done at the dealer & i payed £900 for a PH1 running with 8 months MOT & 2 months tax & thats only got 90k on it with reciepts for cambelt 12k ago... its all about waiting for for the right one, impulse buying FTL

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Looks good mate, what made you chop in for the CTR for it? thinking of getting one next year as a good one can be had for under 5k now

Wouldn't touch a 5k type r with a barge pole. If you can't afford to stretch for a minty mate it's better sticking with the clio, don't get one just because you can stretch to 5k they are more expensive to run and expensive to fix too.

I had lot's of trouble with mine and mine cost me 11k, clutch went on 24k £600, driveshafts where replaced shortly after costing a cool £1200, ball joints went, so did the anti drop links and so on....I had mine for nearly three years, it was two years old when i bought it.

Not slating them tho it was an awesome machine but they have there common problems like the clio, all the above are very common thing's to go. Btw the clutch was getting a little tired when i sold on 56k and the syncros where shaged in first and second, very common on the ep3's

Imo a 5k one would be trouble.

Last edited:
  Astra van,Mk1 nova
Just the pics mate for some reason, thinking of doing them darker after christmass. Should i spray the front diamond?

i wouldnt spray it black mate! looks like its missing, i have a spare one that i done it to and it didnt look rite:dapprove: personal prefrences tho

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
i wouldnt spray it black mate! looks like its missing, i have a spare one that i done it to and it didnt look rite:dapprove: personal prefrences tho

Cheers mate will leave it then! can you post a pic of your car side on so i can see what the wheels look like black please.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Noooooo.... the mighty H is not so great then :dapprove:... fook it! will keep the Clio's for now then, thought the gearbox's were bullet proof on the type r's :S To be fair theres nothing wrong with my PH2 or PH1 172's its just i'm 6'2 & thought the seating on the Type r was much better for some one of my height

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Noooooo.... the mighty H is not so great then :dapprove:... fook it! will keep the Clio's for now then, thought the gearbox's were bullet proof on the type r's :S To be fair theres nothing wrong with my PH2 or PH1 172's its just i'm 6'2 & thought the seating on the Type r was much better for some one of my height

The syncros go making very notchy gear changes in 1st and second when cold. They are great cars but i wouldn't class them as an upgrade!! Not worth the extra cash over a clio imo having owned one for nearly three years. Engines are bullet proof tho, you can really give them some stick!

Ohh...... and the noise they make is awesome when coupled with a dc mani, b-pipe and AEM cai:evil:

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Awesome car eckascliovalver. I nearly bought pug steel grey for mine, i knew i should off.

Might change the colour now to pug steel grey