ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is happening to 182 prices?

Alfa Romeo 145 QV
Hi guys,

The ebay auction for my 2005 182 Cup has just finished, link below:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=110244540010&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=001

I had a few daft offers but the highest bid was only £6000!!

I cant believe that £6000 was the most anyone wanted to pay for what i though would be a fairly desirable little car. I was advised that the car would be worth alot more than this, and that my original asking price was far too low in the beginning.

Has anyoe else had problems with selling their cars or is it just the case that 182 prices are now generally falling on their arse?

visualize whirled pe
Did anyone come over to take a look at the car though? If they didn't I'd suggest they are chancers looking to get a bargain and not proper buyers. I would never buy a car without looking at it.

imvho Ebay is not a good guide to what anything is worth these days people bid silly amounts for stuff. My old cortina sold for £500 in the paper two years ago, it'd fetch £1200 (in worse condition) all day on ebay now, there's one on there for over £2k with no MOT an the engine isn't running.

On the flip side your car which is worth way more than £6k has had poor response. I'd try selling privately in the paper and pistonheads, join CS as a full member and try your chances on here.

Alfa Romeo 145 QV
I didnt have anyone interested in viewing it. I did have it advertised on here, but this is a forum for Clio owners so imagine the majority of users already own a Clio. I advertised it at £6750 but i had messages telling me that it was way too cheap and that the car was worth £7200 atleast.
Still, i will readvertise it as soon as i tax and service it and i will see what happens from there.
My auction reserve was only £6650 as the car is due a service soon - i would have thought it would have been snapped up at that.

The 60k milers appear to be around the £6k mark, however yours is a less desirable Cup model and Inferno. Its probably worth £6995.

Alfa Romeo 145 QV
thing is you can now pick up a 197 for 10k its killed lesser model prices

That much it true and i fully expected that to be the case. Although £6650 leaves a hell of alot of change from £10k. If it doesnt sell, i will just use it as a mileage cruncher for the next couple of years - seems a shame though.

Alfa Romeo 145 QV
plus thats a cup, people just dont want them

Very true.

I wish id bought a FF now. The reason i didnt was because i wanted the lighter, more performance biased car. The addition of the leather seats did nothing for me and i thought the extra toys were just something else to break (can you tell ive had a few Renaults before?).

I guess im now paying the price for not think about the resale opportunities! As for the colour - that was what sold me the car in the first place - its great!

visualize whirled pe
Just read the advert, it does look like a tidy car.

You say it needs a service soon, either dont mention this, get it done or reduce your price slightly, maybe to £7200 (just read you have)? It's not a huge loss, I was thinking of trading my car in (worth £2000 offered £1700).

Nothing wrong with Inferno, I quite like it on a sunny day, its just not to everyones taste. Its just going to require abit more selling than an FF in a neutral colour such as Titanium/ Arctic Blue etc.

Alfa Romeo 145 QV
Just read the advert, it does look like a tidy car.

You say it needs a service soon, either dont mention this, get it done or reduce your price slightly, maybe to £7200 (just read you have)? It's not a huge loss, I was thinking of trading my car in (worth £2000 offered £1700).

I was only asking for £6750 in the first place- i changed my asking price on advise from other forum users. The auction reserve was £6650.

Still, i will try again in a few weeks time. If it still doesnt sell, i will either keep it or trade it in for something else as i was offered £7300 in part exchange on a (dirty derv) Golf.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I wouldn't bother with ebay if i was you . People always want something for nothing on there .

Sell it on a dedicated website like Autotrader . It might take a week or two before anybody shows any interest , but if your not in any rush to i'm sure you can wait rather than sell it undervalue .

Alfa Romeo 145 QV
Yeah ill tru Autotrader one ive retaxed and serviced it. I caught a stone chip in the windscreen this morning, and within 3 miles it turned into a 6 inch crack! Ive just booked it in with Autoglass to have the windscreen replaced.
Off subject i know - but does the 182 cup have the same, thinner windscreen as the 172 cup or is it just the windscreen shared with lesser models?
Also, being a compulsive car buyer who cant stop messing - what happened to the 'throttle bodies group buy' a saw a while ago as if i keep the car, im not sure i can resist the temptation to 'mess' much longer haha!

Plus its a cup no one wants them!!!!!!! Yeh right lol
I can only have a cup...
Forget standard 182's keep ur luxurys lol i can add them on mine and still
whoop ur cars for fun the only way to go is a cup...

All cars devalue plus its on flea bay what do u expect
everyone on there is seeing how far a giro can go

Alfa Romeo 145 QV
everyone on there is seeing how far a giro can go[/quote]

Hahaha - yeah fair one! :D

Clio 172 mk2
I wouldn't bother with ebay if i was you . People always want something for nothing on there .

Sell it on a dedicated website like Autotrader . It might take a week or two before anybody shows any interest , but if your not in any rush to i'm sure you can wait rather than sell it undervalue .

+1

Lotus Elise 111R
Try pistonheads as well. Autotrader is just canvasser city and they charge you through the nose to advertise. The 182 cup is'nt going to be the easiest to sell, nor the inferno, but people will like and want them, just a case of finding that person.

Fleabay is full of people just wanting something for nothing, I agree.

You said you got offered £7300 as px against the golf, surely you didnt pay more than that in November did you? therefore no loss, so snap his hand off. Or am I missing something?

Nez got 7.5k for his 30k 182FF a few weeks back selling privately I believe.

Alfa Romeo 145 QV
Try pistonheads as well. Autotrader is just canvasser city and they charge you through the nose to advertise. The 182 cup is'nt going to be the easiest to sell, nor the inferno, but people will like and want them, just a case of finding that person.

Fleabay is full of people just wanting something for nothing, I agree.

You said you got offered £7300 as px against the golf, surely you didnt pay more than that in November did you? therefore no loss, so snap his hand off. Or am I missing something?

Nez got 7.5k for his 30k 182FF a few weeks back selling privately I believe.

Haha i wish - i paid £10k from a Renault dealer. The circumstances surrounding it were a service, two new front tyres and brake pads thrown in. Coupled with a warranty 'for as long as i own the car', a free MOT in November and a £2500 trade in for my A3 - complete with knocking bottom end bearings!

Lotus Elise 111R
The 172 cup was a genuine lightened more hardcore performance version of the 172. The 182 cup was just a marketing piggyback but not so extreme, just cheaper by nicking all the luxeries and charging people the same, I know you cant believe that of Renault!

A 182 cup is far better then a 172 sorry lads that have the 172 like
not saying its not a good moter and yes its a hair split quicker on take off
then a 182 (not that you would notice) but i think the 182 is far better...

And i have had a 172 cup before i just feel that it wasnt put together
quite has solid has a 182 cup or standard

172 Cup
Who the f**k buys a car off ebay anyway. I like to see the car I'm buying.

The point you're missing is, the price is obviously going to reflect the fact that buyers are taking a gamble by purchasing a car which they've never even seen let alone driven.

Who the f**k buys a car off ebay anyway. I like to see the car I'm buying.

hehehehe

Postage would be a killer wouldnt it? lol

Plus to sell ur car on flea bay they would take a profit around 20 percent
FORGET THAT!

Hi guys,

The ebay auction for my 2005 182 Cup has just finished, link below:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=110244540010&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=001

I had a few daft offers but the highest bid was only £6000!!

I cant believe that £6000 was the most anyone wanted to pay for what i though would be a fairly desirable little car. I was advised that the car would be worth alot more than this, and that my original asking price was far too low in the beginning.

Has anyoe else had problems with selling their cars or is it just the case that 182 prices are now generally falling on their arse?

the used car market is dead...

Plus its a cup no one wants them!!!!!!! Yeh right lol
I can only have a cup...
Forget standard 182's keep ur luxurys lol i can add them on mine and still
whoop ur cars for fun the only way to go is a cup...

everyone on there is seeing how far a giro can go
Were you sober when you wrote that ??

You don't even have a proper cup lol !

106 GTi
On the other extreme have you looked on Autotrader at 182 prices there are loads on there at 10K, the price I have in mind mine (much less than that) is looking fair now IMO.

well i had a 53 reg 172 for a while, then i went to a civic type r but found it boring so i came back to the clio ive just bought a 182ff in silver with both cup packs 60k on the clock on an 05 plate, still got a months warrenty left at renault and its hpi clear, its ready for a cambelt so i got him down quite alot but ended up paying £4250, if thats not a bargain i dont no what is!