ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats my car worth?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
This is a question im regularly asked by a lot of mates and i honestly dont know and just tell them its not worth selling! but if i was to sell it how much would i ask for? obviously id be better puting it back to standard but would like rough guesses for standard and modded prices.

2002 Renault Clio 1.2 16v Expression

140,000 miles
im the 2nd owner

cambelt snapped so i dropped a new engine in it, engines done 50,000 miles
Gearbox went so i put a new box in it, gearbox has done 10,000 miles

new wheelbearings all round, 2 new driveshafts, new cat.

Aftermarket parts:
FK Silverline X Coilovers (adjustable damping and ride height)
Black Diamond Fast Road Drilled and Groved front disks
EBC GreenStuff brake pads
Uprated 2.0 16v Dogbone mount
Powerflex/K-Tec uprated dogbone mount bushes
4 brand new Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 195/45/15 tyres
Custom Powerflow Cat Back twin 3" exhaust
OMP Front Strut Brace
OMP Rear Strut Brace
Powerflex Polly Suspension bushes

The car has had a Dynamique conversion by myself over the last year including:
  • 4x perfect condition ph2 dynamique wheels
  • Dynamique front sports seats, rear seats, door cards
  • all dark coloured interior plastics
  • dark coloured dashboard from dynamique
  • silver dial surrounds
  • silver aluminium look interior door handles and handbrake button
  • Dynamique gear knob
  • Dynamique rear spoiler
  • Dynamique front fog lights
  • Dynamique dashboard inserts
  • Dynamique leather Steering wheel
  • The only things this has missing over a real dynamique is auto windscreen wipers, auto lights and a trip computer
Other little extras include:
PIAA sidelights and headlight bulbs
Osram Diadem indicator bulbs
colourcoded clio 172 exterior door handles
Pioneer front components, Pioneer 3-Way coax speakers in rear standard location, Pioneer 12" sub boxed and Pioneer class D 5 channel amp.

the car is a complete minter, no parking dings, never been crashed, no kerb marks on wheels interior is perfect, always been well looked after only one bad point is stone chipped bonnet and bumper but think thats getting sprayed next month!

personally i was thinking £2,000 without suspension and ICE if i was lucky but thats at a push! whats everyones thoughts?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
cheers mate, thats what i thought, would never sell it so dont really care but was just curious since its had so much work done and f**king about with new engines etc.

Mk4 .:R32
Jeeez, you've averaged almost 30k miles a year. you could prob get 2k for it though if its a minter.

RenaultSport 197
I don't know why anybody would want to change a 1.2 Expression into a Dynamique - especially as it is only a 1.2. Cheaper to sell the Expression and buy a nearly new Dynamique..

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
£1500 for a 3yr old expression, £800 for a smashed dynamique for the engine, wheels, spoiler, interior etc. for just over 2 grand i have a mint condition dynamique with 50k miles, brand new gearbox and clutch, feels much better than our newer 05 car with 70k

and yep it is in mint condition although i miss the old engine, it was rapid with all they miles, old ones not as quick.

RenaultSport 197
It's not a Dynamique though.. It's a half done replica lol. No matter what you do, it will still show up the paperwork as an Expression iirc. And I do believe the interior is different.

Now if you were to swap the engine for a 172/ 182 that's trick.

Tbh though, I dunno what you would get for it. 1k maybe?

I reckon its worth £1800 standard. There was one on the trader near me with 128k for £2500. All the key components have been replaced on yours.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
It's not a Dynamique though.. It's a half done replica lol. No matter what you do, it will still show up the paperwork as an Expression iirc. And I do believe the interior is different.

its not half done its fully converted apart from the annoying auto wipers that cant be turned off, isnt that a good thing?

if i wanted i could change my paper work to dynamique but that doesnt bother me, i didnt do it so i could sell it as a dynamique i done it because i liked the looks.

my car has full dynamique interior, so its not different.

AlexS, £1800 is arround what i was thinking! well £1500-£2000 depending on who was buying probably