ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which would put the bigger smile on your face?

Italian 3.2 V6
after having a talk with a friend on the situation.. and just out of interest what would you rather have and why..

-Clio 1*2 running filter, zorst, inlets, cams and map (circa 190bhp)

OR

-Corsa VXR running map, filter and zorst (circa 220bhp)

Not really on about the bhp figure, but more how they drive from a drivers point of view on a good road or on track, for the injoyment facter.. whos had a play with one?

Personally i think the VXR will have the edge on motorways with the torque etc, but in every other situation i think the 1*2 would be the winner and most importantly be the more injoyable drive..

agree? please discuss.

PSJ.

clio 182
1*2 evry time imo.

i have raced one down the quarter and won, and they surely wont handle as good?

forgettng all that...its a corsa....:rasp:

Iceberg 172
I don't think you would of had to drive a VXR to answer this!

It's a matter of what you prefer.

After owning many Turbo cars I'm so bored of them it's un true. A revvy clio or a low down grunty corsa??? Clio everyday for me hence why I now own one.

The only thing I like about the VXR is the Recaro's.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
On looks I wouldn't consider a VXR, look so chavvy to me. A lad I know has now had 2 Corsa VXR's and a Cup. If you're looking for a cheap car with masses of tuning potential then I guess there may not be alot else out there that can touch it.

Iceberg 172
Following on... It's all about the power delivery... I like to drive a car sensibly when I want to and then give it the beans every now and again... Having the power up near the red line is great fun imo.

HAving to exit corners a gear up to make sure you've got the torque coming out is just boring imo... red line FTMFW.

Iceberg 172
On looks I wouldn't consider a VXR, look so chavvy to me. A lad I know has now had 2 Corsa VXR's and a Cup. If you're looking for a cheap car with masses of tuning potential then I guess there may not be alot else out there that can touch it.

Bollox... Loads of stuff out there can touch them without looking like a total chav.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
1*2 as id still have money spare and go nearly as fast, ive beaten a VXR up to 130 which had a de-cat and exhaust, his previous mapped one had me though.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I think you mis-read what I put, or didn't understand what I was getting at. A VXR with: map, breathing mods, maybe even FMIC and that's about £1,000. Just got probably about 50bhp and 50 lbs of torque. Get a Clio and do that and it's about £5,000 as it's most likley a forced induction set up as even ITB's couldn't bridge that gap. As said, not alot can touch a turbo for modification value and results ... Hence, 'masses of tuning potential' as a Clio certainly does not have that.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
1*2 as id still have money spare and go nearly as fast, ive beaten a VXR up to 130 which had a de-cat and exhaust, his previous mapped one had me though.

In relation to Steve...

This is my point entirley and this 172 is a track set up car. So a simply mapped VXR will beat a track prep'd 172 - says it all in performance modification terms. Don't misunderstand the fact that I like them or think they are appealing as I don't, but you cannot argue with their performance credentials if that's all you want.

ZX6R B1H
Clio would give you more giggles and smiles and cost you less in fuel etc.

For giggles per cost i'd have my old 172 over my evo 5 lol.

Italian 3.2 V6
yea i thought as much. i must admit i have come accross a couple VXR's on the motorway, just my luck that each time i have, i have had the car full with adults! :( the vxr has had me each time due to this (dont know if they were std or not)

as a matter of fact.. just got back in now from bullying a Mk1 FRS (had an exhaust sytem, but must be all it had though) on a good stretch of decent road.. didnt loose the we 182 what so ever ;) was very chuffed to say the least! only very slowly pulled away all the way up to 90beans.

^This also makes me feel the 182 is more than a capable comp for the bigger powered hot hatches as mine is basicly standard.

every time i have driven my 1*2's at a good pace they have never failed to give me a smile! even against cars which are quicker as i know for a fact iv gave them a bloody good run for the money! ;)

PSJ.

Last edited by a moderator:
  RB 182
Clio every time for me! Revvy screamers that you can throw about are where it's at! I had my Impreza previous to the Clio, 307bhp 299lb/ft, and in comparison the Clio wins hands down in the smiles per miles department, and I dare say I can cover the roads around here quicker in the Clio than I could in the Scooby.

VXR has tuning potential, obviously, as any other blown car also has, but for sheer enjoyment, smiles per miles, blah blah blah, IMHO, you can't beat a 1*2.

C

Clio_Williams

I used to own a corsa with a C20LET fitted (Corsa B) back in 1999, circa 260/270bhp - Handled crap, in a straight line was fun though & that was on Koni adjustables, not sure how the VXR handles but can't imagine Vauxhall have finally sorted there Corsa handling issues out, even if they have the cars now have more power which would cancel it out IMPO, but can't imagine a standard VXR would handle better than a Corsa B on Koni's, i'd go for the Clio. Try and blag a test drive on both & decide for yourself otherwise which ever you choose you'll always be wondering should i have gone for the other,

B

Bucko

A Corsa VXR could never put a smile on my face if it was down to looks but the 220bhp turbo engine in a small hatchback would win everytime for a daily drive.

If it was for a B road blast or track time then i would choose the Clio everytime, i love the fact that all the performance from the engine is top end.

Clio. The Corsa looks rotund, and has gills in the rear bumper for some unknown reason. I'm also getting SRS bored of Corsa VXR drivers trying to race me. f**k off, I'm not interested.