ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who do you expect to be driving a cup?

gek

Clio 172 Cup
Hi all,

I recently changed my Corrado VR6 for a 172 Cup and I'm loving it.

One of the best things about the Corrado was the waving to fellow Corrado drivers. Being a regular reader of the spotted forum on here I was eager to come across some RSs on the road.

Now, I'm not being sexist, ageist or any other ist but on a recent trip back from the Lake District to Burnley I saw two Cups. I drew level ready to give a wave only to be confronted by two 50 something ladies who paid me no attention!! Now, good for them I say, and I hope I can be driving such a great little hatch at that age, but I was just taken by surprise I suppose as I thought I'd be waving at some youngish fella or lass.

So my question is, who is the most unlikely driver of an RS you have come across?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I've seen quite a few " older " ;) people driving 197's . not really seen any driving 1*2's though tbh

182trophy & Williams
i've had a good chat with another trphy owner who was easily in his 60's, said it was the best thing he'd driven,lol

Meg 250/E36 Touring
My Cup was owned by a Barbara

Can just imagine a 'Peggy Mitchell' smokin' around in one;)

RB 200 Cup!
theres an old woman my mate was telling me about - she bought a 197 in albi blue from his dealership and always pottles abot in it - silly cow.

Aldo comes back on a monthly basis complaining about cold starts and hard suspension - duh its a sport woman!

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
me to be quite frank. shocker if you look in the rear view and its someone else....

on a serious note i have seen many people also know someone that had a 182 for their first car (parents paid for) needless to say it didnt last long....

williams and trophy
Hi all,

I recently changed my Corrado VR6 for a 172 Cup and I'm loving it.

One of the best things about the Corrado was the waving to fellow Corrado drivers. Being a regular reader of the spotted forum on here I was eager to come across some RSs on the road.

Now, I'm not being sexist, ageist or any other ist but on a recent trip back from the Lake District to Burnley I saw two Cups. I drew level ready to give a wave only to be confronted by two 50 something ladies who paid me no attention!! Now, good for them I say, and I hope I can be driving such a great little hatch at that age, but I was just taken by surprise I suppose as I thought I'd be waving at some youngish fella or lass.

So my question is, who is the most unlikely driver of an RS you have come across?

lol...theres a couple of 'mature gentlemen' drive williams' round burnley too, doesnt stop them driving them in the manner they were designed tho lol.