ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will the Clio 182 end up like

Laguna 2, Westfield
People will always want low miles examples of the sporty versions, its just a shame hardly anyone is able to look after a car properly... if to maintain its value if nothing else. A mint car is always worth sometimes a few K more than an average example.

I had a low miles mint Fiesta RS Turbo a few years ago ( it was 13 years old then) (2004) and i had no probs shifting it on for nearly £5k, (you could have bought a shed for £2.5k) I'd have another one today but you find me one on genuine low miles (i've seen one or two on less than 30k in the last 5 years or so) if one ever comes up i'll buy it straight away. You just cant find any.
The Xr2i wasnt a very good car but even these go for thousands if mint.

Its hard to find a decent example of any car after about 3 years lol

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
People will always want low miles examples of the sporty versions, its just a shame hardly anyone is able to look after a car properly... if to maintain its value if nothing else. A mint car is always worth sometimes a few K more than an average example.

I had a low miles mint Fiesta RS Turbo a few years ago ( it was 13 years old then) (2004) and i had no probs shifting it on for nearly £5k, (you could have bought a shed for £2.5k) I'd have another one today but you find me one on genuine low miles (i've seen one or two on less than 30k in the last 5 years or so) if one ever comes up i'll buy it straight away. You just cant find any.
The Xr2i wasnt a very good car but even these go for thousands if mint.

Agreed!! :)

audi a6 3.0tdi
when i bought mine i thought yeah lets keep it low milage and mint. but i now enjoy driving it too much, they are designed to be driven and enjoyed. i've ended up doing about 25,000 mile in one year. so yeah mine will be another high mileage one

I disagree with that. Age has nothing to do with it.

It's all down to who has owned it & if they've looked after it or not. I've seen cars a fair few years old which are mint, then i've seen cars that are newer which look knackered already.

The value of the car seems to have nothing to do with it either, i've seen plenty of expensive cars which aren't in the best condoition as the owner doesn't give a stuff about it.

Personaly only the V6 will realy have a true classic reputation the other witll just be typical hot hatches nothing amazing.

106 GTi
I see them been more like the Saxo VTS - Good cars, got too cheap and then owned by chavs ruining the reputation and clouding over the brilliant package under neath. The problem with the 205 GTi 1.9 is that they weren't actually *that* common in the first place heh. And they were a lot easier to wrap round a tree than most things...

Dan

205 GTi not common, have you any idea how many where made !?!

60,000 in the UK alone, trust me the 172/182 will be a lot rarer by the time they get to 15 years old ...

Mine will be just run in by then lol

T

titch

wots the point of buying a car an not drivin it coz it will be worth more wen u sell it dont worry about it buy a car drive it then worry about selling it wen it comes to it all of my cars i drive to death lol

Thats it then my cars done 38000miles , it must be fucked.
I blame Renault for using the BMC A series engine, a rebore and new rings should see mine to well over 70000 miles.Might try adding some wynns to thicken up the oil a bit too shouldnt smoke too much then.

Clio 172 mk2
Don't think so

The FF 172/182s will be like the valvers are now and the Trophy will be the equivalent of the Williams

106 GTi
Not sure it will be that extreme, the Williams was so much more popular of the Valver due to the engine, had they both had the same lump a Valver and Williams void would have not been so great.

I see them been more like the Saxo VTS - Good cars, got too cheap and then owned by chavs ruining the reputation and clouding over the brilliant package under neath. The problem with the 205 GTi 1.9 is that they weren't actually *that* common in the first place heh. And they were a lot easier to wrap round a tree than most things...

Dan

205 GTi not common, have you any idea how many where made !?!

60,000 in the UK alone, trust me the 172/182 will be a lot rarer by the time they get to 15 years old ...

Mine will be just run in by then lol

Yeah 205gtis are only rare because they've been written off or rusted.

I'm not interested in owning a 1 year old 182 never mind a 10 year old one, they will be falling to bits, even the low mile ones.