ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams Mani on 16v

05 Arctic 182FF
I've acquired a manifold and downpipe from a Williams for my ph1 valver. Can anyone tell me if this is a good mod or not? Heard a few different opinions of them now and it's got me a little confused!:dapprove: Has anyone done it??

Cheers.

Saxo VTS
F7P (Valver) manifold is specificly designed for that engine. It helps low end torque so is pretty essential.

The F7R (Williams) manifold is different, so, as BenR says, it will be counterproductive to you.

05 Arctic 182FF
I know its different, thats pretty plain to see, but you'd have thought a freer flowing tubular mani would do a better job of expelling exhaust gas than a big cast one??

its what inside that counts.

And with manifolds its not just about having tubes and 'free flowing'.

Its the manifold design, lengths, bores etc etc etc that counts.

16v manifold aids torque at low rpm and williams does the opposite > does it at high rpm.

Bottom line, it'll make the 1.8 perform worse.

Clio 1.8 16v
im a little confused,

your saying that the 16v mani is designrd for that car so the williams mani is no use, but so is every part of that engine designed for it, so why change anything on it? would an aftermarket manifold work better then?

Clio 1.8 16v
just ignore me i dont no what i was trying to say they're lmao.

but are there any aftermarket manifolds that release more bhp than the standard manifold? im just lookin to get more from the engine. i have an air filter, exhaust, gettting a de-cat and was thinking about a manifold.

Clio 1.8 16v
i looked on k-tech site theyre and they say they recommend uprating other stuff with the cams, is this essential? and they offer a package deal with a chip, anyyone bought this or have heard anything?

also forgive me for asking but what kind of cylinder head work do you mean?

The 1.8 has inherently poor ports in stock trim, even just a simple detailing and reworking of the worst areas can see a healty gain.