ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Wow, My Willy Works" Dave.'s TDF'd ITB & Cammed 182

TrackCar & F30 330d
Re: Davesrealgood's Arctic Blue Cammed 182

Yeah leave it bare mate. The carbon will look much better than painting it.

Evo 5 RS

Noice, leave it bare. Although I'm trying a blend of carbon and paint which has come out quite nicely

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Deffo paint the bonnet and do the stripes!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

Another small update today,

I dropped the carbon bonnet off to MagpieV6 who is a wizz with a DA to have a go at the lacquer on the bonet to see if she can sort out some of the imperfections in the top coat, as it was a little cloudy in places, hoping its just in the top layer!

Also picked these up today and will be fitting tomorrow hopefully!

28f4a79e.jpg

Mk1 F4R

Id say keep it carbon... also you'll get more back for it when you sell it on :)

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

il be fitting it bare to start with, depending on how it looks after being corrected :D

well im coming around to the idea lol

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Had a bit of an early morning today!!

Since fitting the 2118's the car has been sitting a little high so I woun the coilies down so it's now lowered nearly 70mm! The rears were an absolute pig to do :(

Before...

4d42eadd.jpg

After....

9d2a7c06.jpg

Sits quite nicely although I hope it does not get any lower after it settled a bit, front splitter is only 3.5 inches from the ground!

Whilst I was at it I also fitted these

93e42836.jpg

b504a75c.jpg

251dda5c.jpg

Will have to see how much of a difference they make, the originals didn't have much life left in them!

Also have to car booked in on the 31st at Jamsport to have a whiteline Rear antiroll bar fitted and then full alignment done, as it was guess work with the camber bolts this morning! I have a set of rear camber shims that I may fit prior to that. Was thinking of running 30 minutes rear and 1 degree at the front. Would that be ok for a road car??

Mk1 F4R

The topmounts are a great upgrade, i got the ast ones and i thought they where a great mod, also if you get a front/rear strut brace it might get rid of some flex in the car if your taking it on track.. you getting a cage

Ollie's Silver Cup

Looking forward to seeing the bonnet...and the centre caps :rasp:

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

The topmounts are a great upgrade, i got the ast ones and i thought they where a great mod, also if you get a front/rear strut brace it might get rid of some flex in the car if your taking it on track.. you getting a cage

Yeah the turn in is lovely, and it feels a lot more planted, got to get rid of these Vmaxx's tho, just too soft! Am after a front strut brace as it goes, just waiting for one to pop up, no cage mate its a daily driver at the mo, and its quite a nice place to be inside at the mo! The mrs hates it tho, exhaust is a tad on the loud side!

Such a well sorted car. Good work!

Thanks mate appreciated :D

Looking forward to seeing the bonnet...and the centre caps

Hoping to pick it up tomorrow (bonnet) MagpieV6 has been trying to sort a defect in the lacquer on it, but its too far gone, ill fi it and see what its like but its likely to be up for sale if im not happy with it. The centre caps still havent arrived, been 12 days now but streamline make everything to order so im sure they will arrive soon!

TrackCar & F30 330d

Just take the bonnet to a body shop and get it re laqured, cost £50-£80 i recon.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Well I "trial" fitted the bonnet after getting it back today, and although MagpieV6 had done a great job, the problem is deeper in the lacquer so it didn't sort it. I'll prob sell this one on and get a brand new one TBH.

The two stripes you can see are the defect. Normal daylight it's not massively noticeable but under lights etc you can really see it

db0a1b77.jpg

Oh and another pic of the car, it did drop lower once it had settled, it's quite low...

ec65354c.jpg

BG 182

Me and Jewson172 are going to the ssr meet were only down the road in leighton buzzard give me a pm if you want to meet up and drive down.

Gower

LY 182

Awesome car Dave. Looked / sounded very well at the RR day, and you're improved it big time since then!

/Jealous.

Owen

ClioSport Admin

I love this car Dave, so many nice touches.

TrackCar & F30 330d

the bonnet looks great. deffo keep it, a new one will cost so much more, how much did you pick this one up for?

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Chris the bonnet wasn't much so I can't grumble, still got it on the car at the mo, need to get it back off before sat but not sure when I'll find the time!

Finally had a bit of time today to give the car a proper wash, looks so much better when clean!

16b29dd6.jpg

540cd1e5.jpg

b3507bdb.jpg

0aca9b3c.jpg

5eecf85d.jpg

9bc927a4.jpg

792d288f.jpg

3c393721.jpg

And finally had my centre caps delivered that I had made by streamline carbon. I think they will look quite good in the centres of the wheels, hid the hub nut etc away

c9d0b05d.jpg

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Re: Dave.'s Cammed, 2118'd Carbon obsession

smart idea with the centre caps :)

200 cup/Btm'd ph1

Has the car been set-up properly? It looks a bit out balanced, to low at the rear and to high at the front

Clio 182 2005

Im not a fan of carbon fibre but you have done so well with it and that bonnet looks lovely on the car!!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Has the car been set-up properly? It looks a bit out balanced, to low at the rear and to high at the front

Nope not yet mate, guess work on my part! It's going in on 31st to have ARB fitted, and then going round the corner to have full alignment / geometry set up so will be bob on then!

200 cup/Btm'd ph1

Nope not yet mate, guess work on my part! It's going in on 31st to have ARB fitted, and then going round the corner to have full alignment / geometry set up so will be bob on then!

Can the rear go any lower?? Mines set-up, so its nose diving a tiny bit. Personally id higher your rear about 5mm and lower the front about 15-20 adn the get some camber on it:cool: What are they??

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
I can't go any lower on the front or back because of some nasty ramps at work.

I measured the distance between the coils on front and back so it should be the same, it's level if you look at the side of the car, might just look odd in the pics.

I'm looking at getting the fronts at -1.5d of camber, and have some shims for the rear, was thinking of 30 minutes.

Will have to see how it comes up on the geo kit