ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wrote my clio off!!! nooooo

1997 Mk1 Megane 2.0 16v
i was driving to a mates house and went up te back road to my house. came down a hll, round a corner, hit a gulley went up a banking and hit a foot wide tree at thirty, or i assume i was doind 30 seen as my speedo is stuck at it. i have mild whiplash and brused ribs.

need a new car, tho i dont think ill get a clio, not after a saw the damage at that speed.

civic maybe

dan

MKIII 138
dan.taylor.1 said:
i was driving to a mates house and went up te back road to my house. came down a hll, round a corner, hit a gulley went up a banking and hit a foot wide tree at thirty, or i assume i was doind 30 seen as my speedo is stuck at it. i have mild whiplash and brused ribs.

need a new car, tho i dont think ill get a clio, not after a saw the damage at that speed.

civic maybe

dan

err anything that hits a tree looks fooked, you would die in a 10 tonne lorry if you hit a tree they just do not move one bit and are worse than concrete to hit seriously. 30/35mph is pretty darn quick for a car to hit something with no absorbtion even concrete barriers absorb to a small degree tree`s dont its just upto the thing that hits it to take all the force. i think your lucky not to have a broken bone or two, if you hit at 45mph you could be in a wheel chair for a few months at 60mph you`d most likely be close to death or dead and thats not just in a clio thats in most cars

btw what model clio is it ? a MKI or MKII ? the MKII`s crumble easily but have taken some serious poundings and people have walked ask Roamer !

ohh and i think a new Renault will be safer than a honda the lastest honda civic only scored 68% in front impact tests where as the new Megane scored 88%

Last edited:
  Clio 172 mk2
Sorry for you mate...that's not good:(

I do believe newer Clios did very well in crash/safety tests though

MKIII 138
^^ MKII`s are pretty safe due to their passenger safety cell the only thing is they dont have much of a bonnet for impact absorbtion of collapsable pedals essencial if you dont want the break peadl half way into your shin ouch :(

the MKIII has a longer bonnnet more zones, and presumably a collapsable pedal system and better safety belt setup. small cars do better unless your hitting other cars in general due to low kerbweight

Ad

MK2 FRS
Sorry to hear that mate.

Clio generally are very safe though, even the older ones are more safe than other alternatives of similar age.

Red Clio 197 F1
Really sorry to hear that!

Guys and Gals please take care, believe it or not - life is worth living!!

Illiad MkII V6
I know someone who rolled a mkII 172 at over 100mph down a country (ish) lane and walked away from the scene. He was racing a golf at the time. Not good but it does show how tough the little beasts are!!

1997 Mk1 Megane 2.0 16v
mk 1 guys, not good, it could be fixed but i cant afford it, itd be more than a new car, and i really dont like the newer clios. thanks

Elise/VX220/R26
we've seen enough wrecked clios on here to know they are outstanding for safety and how the cab holds together in serious crashes

LY V6 with Recaros
Sorry to hear that, at least you're not seriously hurt though, from what I've seen, the Clios are pretty safe little cars!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Renaults are designed to crumble. Think about it, if it didn't crumble, imagine the whiplash and bruising you would have had!! The car took all the impact instead of sending it through the cabin.