ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox Series X|S - OFFICIAL News!

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
I’ve given up.. surely more will be available within the next few weeks

Me too. It's pissed me right off. Game has been an absolute joke. Smyths didn't even work atall. I will probably wait untill it comes out and try and get one then.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Check yet local Game's twitter. Ours sold out of X's 6 hours ago but tweeted an hour ago that they've been allocated more stock.

First come first served basis.

Honda. Tesla Someday

Looks like what they are doing is against Xbox Live terms of service lol!

The official way of doing it in the UK doesn’t seem to be a thing anymore (the way you were meant to do it back then). But if you want to VPN to Brazil or something then feel free to follow that guide I guess. I have never done it that way though so let us know how you get on.

I know some people also do this with buying games from the foreign stores.

edit- and yes to answer your question, I was sure. The deal to upgrade for £1 in the UK is over. This is something totally different. :)

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like what they are doing is against Xbox Live terms of service lol!

The official way of doing it in the UK doesn’t seem to be a thing anymore (the way you were meant to do it back then). But if you want to VPN to Brazil or something then feel free to follow that guide I guess. I have never done it that way though so let us know how you get on.

I know some people also do this with buying games from the foreign stores.

edit- and yes to answer your question, I was sure. The deal to upgrade for £1 in the UK is over. This is something totally different. :)

I'm planning to buy UK codes, it's not worth the hassle of Brazil ones for the saving just incase they decide to start banning people etc. Never do this trick with anything like Netflix or Spotify either.

I've been reading further into it, it looks like any remaining XBL Gold on your account is converted to GPU at a 1:1 ratio up to 3 years. It's not super clear but it does suggest this in the small print on the Xbox website.

So if you stack 3 years of gold, then sign up for monthly GPU, you get your 3 years of gold converted and your first payment of £10.99 is taken at the 37th month.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I'm planning to buy UK codes, it's not worth the hassle of Brazil ones for the saving just incase they decide to start banning people etc. Never do this trick with anything like Netflix or Spotify either.

I've been reading further into it, it looks like any remaining XBL Gold on your account is converted to GPU at a 1:1 ratio up to 3 years. It's not super clear but it does suggest this in the small print on the Xbox website.

So if you stack 3 years of gold, then sign up for monthly GPU, you get your 3 years of gold converted and your first payment of £10.99 is taken at the 37th month.

Thats interesting!!

I thought the ratio was something like 3:1 or something but I don’t remember for sure and I can’t look right now. Are you going to do it??

Please let us know what happens, this could be pretty epic!!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Thats interesting!!

I thought the ratio was something like 3:1 or something but I don’t remember for sure and I can’t look right now. Are you going to do it??

Please let us know what happens, this could be pretty epic!!

So the conversion from EA Play to GPU will be 3:1, I was under the impression it was 1.5:1 for gold to GPU but I think that was GP to GPU now I think about it.

Yeh, I think I'll try it, will buy 2 years from CD Keys (is that the cheapest place to get UK codes? £39.99 a year atm) and try it out. Could be a quick way to lose £80 lol.

It also kinda suggests Gold will be free soon, as the plan is to convert existing people to GPU.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Ok, I've just done the GPU thing and it works!

I did the following:

1) Bought 2 years of Gold from CDKeys
2) Redeemed on my xbox account and as my membership lapsed I was offered an extra month if I turned on monthly billing - Result was 25 months of gold on my account, next bill date Oct 2022
3) Went to this page: https://account.microsoft.com/services/ and selected the option to upgrade to 'Xbox Games Pass Ultimate' and it opened up a new page
4) Click the £10.99 button and it tells you that your gold will be converted to GPU (up to 36 months) BUT you will pay for the first month (£1 if new or £10.99 if you have had it before like me)
5) Now my account says this

Screenshot 2020-09-22 at 22.34.15.png

So for £90.97 I got 26 months of GPU! Add that to the £450 for the console and I'm quids in on the all access deal, glad I ordered outright now!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Tempted to try that but got a feeling it won't work for me as I still have GPU until January.
Yep, I'm pretty confident it won't work for you.

As said mine lapsed a few months ago, so I had the option to upgrade again, which I don't think you would get.

Last edited:

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yep and I'd be pissed if I paid for 2 years live only for it to go free in 2 months time if what's been rumoured does happen.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Well... I've already pre-ordered my own but two of my mates just pre-ordered about 15 minutes ago here...

Not guaranteed for launch day but still might be worth a shot?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Well... I've already pre-ordered my own but two of my mates just pre-ordered about 15 minutes ago here...

Not guaranteed for launch day but still might be worth a shot?
Which retailer? Still says no stock on amazon and microsoft for me

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Which retailer? Still says no stock on amazon and microsoft for me
I didn't specifically select a retailer so it will be direct from Microsoft (the full price option, not monthly). I have just gone through again and I can get through to payment without problem... :confused:

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I didn't specifically select a retailer so it will be direct from Microsoft (the full price option, not monthly). I have just gone through again and I can get through to payment without problem... :confused:

Strange. Mine got to payment, then when I try to confirm it has an error code on their side.. now says this.
1F3F646C-3C6B-4BA9-A3B7-649BEE237DA2.png

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Strange. Mine got to payment, then when I try to confirm it has an error code on their side..
Hmm, not sure what to suggest mate. I ordered via PC rather than a smart phone but would not have thought that would make any difference.

Of course, it could well be the case they have sold out during the last 10-15 minutes (or however long it has been). :( Sorry fella!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Ok, I've just done the GPU thing and it works!

I did the following:

1) Bought 2 years of Gold from CDKeys
2) Redeemed on my xbox account and as my membership lapsed I was offered an extra month if I turned on monthly billing - Result was 25 months of gold on my account, next bill date Oct 2022
3) Went to this page: https://account.microsoft.com/services/ and selected the option to upgrade to 'Xbox Games Pass Ultimate' and it opened up a new page
4) Click the £10.99 button and it tells you that your gold will be converted to GPU (up to 36 months) BUT you will pay for the first month (£1 if new or £10.99 if you have had it before like me)
5) Now my account says this

View attachment 1497433

So for £90.97 I got 26 months of GPU! Add that to the £450 for the console and I'm quids in on the all access deal, glad I ordered outright now!

Legendary!! Nicely done! A friend of mine lost his GamePass Ultimate recently, I’ll ask if he renewed yet or not.

Thank you for being the guinea pig and taking a punt!! Paid off!!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Still no pre-orders from John Lewis. Annoying as they were A confirmed pre-order retailer for 8am like everyone else!

If you aren’t going to take part JL, then don’t put your freaking name out there for pre-orders! I bet people waited all day just to get that 2 year JL warranty, only to find JL was full of it!

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
If anyone is still looking, try pre-ordering through the store app on your existing Xbox if you've got one. I was on mines last night and was looking in the store and I managed to get all the way to the 'pay now' part for a Series X and had no warning about them being out of stock.

It might knock you back when you actually hit the button to buy, but it's worth a go.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
They were showing as none in stock all of yesterday when i kept checking. I was surprised when i went on and it all went through.
Game is still showing as taking no more all access online.... only in store.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
They were showing as none in stock all of yesterday when i kept checking. I was surprised when i went on and it all went through.
Game is still showing as taking no more all access online.... only in store.

Not bad going then 👍. Yeah I seen that on their website. it said you can go instore from 6 this morning. But online it was showing the shop was closedblol I would of gone after work 😂 ah well

Honda. Tesla Someday
That's a pretty dinky little thing, the pictures you see of it make it look huge.

I'm impressed Microsoft are getting units out in the wild already, has the PS5 been seen in real (plastic) life yet?

Nope, nobody has had hands on time with PS5. A few days ago was the first time we even saw the back of the console.

I think that’s by design though... I don’t think Sony want people to realise just how big it really is. I have attached a couple of pictures that emerged online.

Yes, that render is apparently accurate - the PS5 is bigger than the original Xbox One - making it the largest console of recent times!

Attachments

• E580D313-E7E9-4B60-BD78-4C2B3B2E7C42.jpeg
    E580D313-E7E9-4B60-BD78-4C2B3B2E7C42.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 13DD9810-2EC7-4404-A8C0-37FD21473D06.jpeg
    13DD9810-2EC7-4404-A8C0-37FD21473D06.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 65
  • D6998097-B796-4056-8D37-D01BEAEB36BB.jpeg
    D6998097-B796-4056-8D37-D01BEAEB36BB.jpeg
    60.6 KB · Views: 65
  • C6C677E0-BF47-4EFB-8877-9F9DDEA902A9.jpeg
    C6C677E0-BF47-4EFB-8877-9F9DDEA902A9.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 3B1D2037-8036-4B48-A970-6635990A0B29.jpeg
    3B1D2037-8036-4B48-A970-6635990A0B29.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 67
  Honda. Tesla Someday
Another size comparison.

I am seriously impressed with how Microsoft packed so much performance in to the compact form factor of the Series X. The engineering is outstanding!

Pic shows: PS4 Pro, PS5, Series X, Series S and One X.

Attachments

• EA0C31D0-DA12-4329-B13F-A285BA51AA9F.jpeg
    EA0C31D0-DA12-4329-B13F-A285BA51AA9F.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 92

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
That really is huge. I can imagine it weighing an absolute tonne aswell, much like the old PS3
It's good that the series X is a bit smaller, but it is still a bit of an annoyance that i likely wont be able to fit it in my normal console slot on my TV unit.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Luckily it can go sideways but I hate that I'll be able to see the round bit from the bottom when laid sideways.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the PS5 size is annoyingly large. If sizes are correct and it is 47cm long then it’s 1cm too long to fit in my console slot on my tv unit. It’ll have to stand up behind the TV/ wall mount.
I wouldn’t be able to put the Xbox anywhere with my layout I don’t think.