ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox Series X|S - OFFICIAL News!

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
It'll work, but you need a TV with hdmi 2.1 to make the most out of the graphics.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Similar spec to my TV. Is there any way of upgrading to HDMI 2.1 by inserting some hardware into the existing HDMI 2.0 port?

Honda. Tesla Someday
Either go through game or Smyth's toy shop. That's what I'm doing.

What he said. Lol

The finance is via KLARNA - and actually works out cheaper over the 24 months than buying the console outright and paying monthly for GamePass Ultimate lol. Crazy.

Last edited:
  Honda. Tesla Someday
It'll work, but you need a TV with hdmi 2.1 to make the most out of the graphics.

Not exactly.

His TV has HDMI 2.0. Which is totally fine for 4K at 60hz. All he will miss out on is games that run at 120fps, which will instead be capped at 60fps on that TV..

Honda. Tesla Someday
I’ve got this TV for my xbox.. doesnt seem the best, but its only a year old. Will it be compatible with a new xbox?

Yes, it is totally fine. It supports Dolby Vision, Atmos, HDR10+ and HLG, basically supports everything.

The only real “drawback” if you can call it that is lack of HDMI2.1 - so you will be capped at 4K at 60fps - not exactly a bad thing lol, but for games that do support 120fps you will only be able to run them at 60fps. Not the end of the world.

RicherSounds lists the panel as having a Peak Brightness of 350.... hopefully by that they don’t mean 350nits, as for a great HDR image you want 1000nits+.

I hope that helps!!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Not exactly.

His TV has HDMI 2.0. Which is totally fine for 4K at 60hz. All he will miss out on is games that run at 120fps, which will instead be capped at 60fps on that TV..
How many games will actually run at 120fps though, at least at or close to launch?

I'm sure I've read before that games have previously stated they will run at Xfps actually run half of that for 90% of the game.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
What he said. Lol

The finance is via KLARNA - and actually works out cheaper over the 24 months than buying the console outright and paying monthly for GamePass Ultimate lol. Crazy.

The thing is though I imagine game pass can usually be had at a cheaper price with deals etc. Don't think I ever paid full price for XBL for example. Still a good deal mind.

Honda. Tesla Someday
The thing is though I imagine game pass can usually be had at a cheaper price with deals etc. Don't think I ever paid full price for XBL for example. Still a good deal mind.

This is true!! I got XBL paid for 3 years then converted it to GamePass Ultimate for £1 when the deal was on, best deal evarrrrrr!!! LMFAO

Honda. Tesla Someday
How many games will actually run at 120fps though, at least at or close to launch?

I'm sure I've read before that games have previously stated they will run at Xfps actually run half of that for 90% of the game.

Here are the confirmed 120fps games right now - but I do expect this list to grow quite quickly in the following months after launch:

Dirt 5
ExoMecha
Gears 5
Halo Infinite (multiplayer)
Metal: Hellsinger
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Orphan of the Machine
Second Extinction

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Here are the confirmed 120fps games right now - but I do expect this list to grow quite quickly in the following months after launch:

Dirt 5
ExoMecha
Gears 5
Halo Infinite (multiplayer)
Metal: Hellsinger
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Orphan of the Machine
Second Extinction
Are they constant 120fps?

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Not exactly.

Did I not say that?
(Granted it didn’t go into technicalities)

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
I’ve got this TV for my xbox.. doesnt seem the best, but its only a year old. Will it be compatible with a new xbox?

yes

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Yes, it is totally fine. It supports Dolby Vision, Atmos, HDR10+ and HLG, basically supports everything.

The only real “drawback” if you can call it that is lack of HDMI2.1 - so you will be capped at 4K at 60fps - not exactly a bad thing lol, but for games that do support 120fps you will only be able to run them at 60fps. Not the end of the world.

RicherSounds lists the panel as having a Peak Brightness of 350.... hopefully by that they don’t mean 350nits, as for a great HDR image you want 1000nits+.

I hope that helps!!
It is nits. I have the 65PUS7303 which i downgraded to from a £2k Samsung 65 QLED. The HDR is w**k on the philips, really bad in comparison. Everything else is amazing for the money though.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Will this console work okay /optimum with my surround sound receiver?

My system is dolby atmos ready so can I make use of it?
Screenshot_20200919-195306_Chrome.jpg

Honda. Tesla Someday
Like I said technicalities. We aren’t all tech wiz’s.

Oooooooook then... So you‘re saying that I shouldn’t clarify what you said because “we aren’t all tech wiz’s”?

I am genuinely spending my time trying to be helpful on this forum, I can do without your sarcasm / third degree.

Cheers.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Keep up the good work DK! Great advice for folk.

The £35 per month works out cheaper over 24 months than shelling out 500 pounds of capital for the console and still need to XBL or gamepass anyway. Makes no sense.

£35 per month is an utter no brainer for me.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Oooooooook then... So you‘re saying that I shouldn’t clarify what you said because “we aren’t all tech wiz’s”?

I am genuinely spending my time trying to be helpful on this forum, I can do without your sarcasm / third degree.

Cheers.
Are we not all here to help?
I answered the guys question and to be honest, I thought you quoting me was a bit pedantic.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member

The £35 per month works out cheaper over 24 months than shelling out 500 pounds of capital for the console and still need to XBL or gamepass anyway. Makes no sense.

XBL is now free but if you intend on buying gamepass which is definitely money well spent then it's a great buy. Still on the fence hate monthly subs etc so probably buy outright and try find a nice deal gamepass down the line if I fancy it again. Got until Jan 2021 currently anyway and got to admit I haven't used it much but it does seem like you get a lot for your money.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
28 quid a month actually. That's utter madness. Folk spend more at Pret per week that that costs for a next gen console. We paid like £550 for a Dreamcast iirc!

Honda. Tesla Someday

It’s £28.99 a month for the Series X

celebrate!!! Lol

The 35 is the $ amount.

edit; forgot to thank you for your thank you! So thank you! Lol

Last edited:
  Honda. Tesla Someday
Are we not all here to help?
I answered the guys question and to be honest, I thought you quoting me was a bit pedantic.

Dude, honestly I was not trying to be pedantic. I really really don’t know what the issue is here man but I don’t have time for this.

Have a nice night.

Honda. Tesla Someday
XBL is now free but if you intend on buying gamepass which is definitely money well spent then it's a great buy. Still on the fence hate monthly subs etc so probably buy outright and try find a nice deal gamepass down the line if I fancy it again. Got until Jan 2021 currently anyway and got to admit I haven't used it much but it does seem like you get a lot for your money.

Hello!!

XBL (Gold for Multiplayer gaming) is not free (yet). Rumours suggest that will be the case at some point, but nothing has been confirmed yet.
:)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Hello!!

XBL (Gold for Multiplayer gaming) is not free (yet). Rumours suggest that will be the case at some point, but nothing has been confirmed yet.
:)

My bad I thought it had been confirmed tbh. Hopefully that does become official because I'm really not sure I made much use of game pass.

Honda. Tesla Someday
29x24= £696 or £450 for the console plus £40 for annual XBL? Game pass is 99% the pointless games no-one plays anyway.

I really do think GamePass is full of great games. Sure some are a bit meh sometimes, but it does have the full first party catalogue of games included, every new first party game is included on the day it launches etc. There is a lot of value there, especially now seeing as Sony just confirmed all its first party games are $70 each. Insane when you think about it and see Microsoft is including all theirs at one low monthly fee lol.

Sure your opinion is your opinion so no issues lol, just wanted to say what I thought :)

edit: Also EA Play is being added this year to GamePass at no extra cost. A great value add!!

Last edited:

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I really do think GamePass is full of great games. Sure some are a bit meh sometimes, but it does have the full first party catalogue of games included, every new first party game is included on the day it launches etc. There is a lot of value there, especially now seeing as Sony just confirmed all its first party games are $70 each. Insane when you think about it and see Microsoft is including all theirs at one low monthly fee lol.

Sure your opinion is your opinion so no issues lol, just wanted to say what I thought :)

I’m just boring and only play Fifa and CoD 😂

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Guys you all need to continue helping and giving advice, the knowledge and help in here and the pc thread is some of the best on the forum, invaluable to alot of us.