ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox Series X|S - OFFICIAL News!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
OLED ftw. Don't be put off by "screen burn" horror stories. You will not get a better viewing experience.

Honda. Tesla Someday
OLED ftw. Don't be put off by "screen burn" horror stories. You will not get a better viewing experience.

Well I did say it is the best lol. And I also said OLED purists will defend it to death lmfao!

All light hearted friend, enjoy your OLED they are epic. - The screenburn stuff I said was true though.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Would never say I'm a OLED purist but when I bought mine I know I looked up both options to see which I'd prefer and the reason I chose OLED was because QLED is prone to motion blur or at least it was 3 years ago. I want a sharp crisp picture I didn't want any kind of blur going on especially when it comes to gaming. I don't think burn in is such an issue on OLED TVs these days and not had any issues with mine. There's something in the settings which is supposed to 'reset the screen' as such which helps with any screen burn but I've not needed to use this at all even 3 years later I can only imagine the new ones are even more reliable there.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
It will be interesting to see if there is any real perfomance difference graphically between the XBX and PS5.

The reason I say this is because if you compare the 5700XT and Vega 64. The Vega has more CU and TFLOP output. However the 5700XT outperforms it.

Saying that I believe both the XBX and PS5 are both RDNA2 powered so it could be that the XBX edges it. But until they're compared side by side the extra TFLOPs don't guarantee extra performance.

Either way, both consoles are a massive step forward graphically for the money. Definitely bringing mid range pc performance for a lot less than a pc would cost.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Would never say I'm a OLED purist but when I bought mine I know I looked up both options to see which I'd prefer and the reason I chose OLED was because QLED is prone to motion blur or at least it was 3 years ago. I want a sharp crisp picture I didn't want any kind of blur going on especially when it comes to gaming. I don't think burn in is such an issue on OLED TVs these days and not had any issues with mine. There's something in the settings which is supposed to 'reset the screen' as such which helps with any screen burn but I've not needed to use this at all even 3 years later I can only imagine the new ones are even more reliable there.

It wasn’t easy picking QLED over OLED, but I’m very happy so far. No motion blur issues etc so far. Both technologies are great.

Yes most OLED screens do have features to mitigate screen burn, but judging by what I have seen others go through I just didn’t want to chance it. But yes, they do seem to be less prone to burn these days.

Honda. Tesla Someday
It will be interesting to see if there is any real perfomance difference graphically between the XBX and PS5.

The reason I say this is because if you compare the 5700XT and Vega 64. The Vega has more CU and TFLOP output. However the 5700XT outperforms it.

Saying that I believe both the XBX and PS5 are both RDNA2 powered so it could be that the XBX edges it. But until they're compared side by side the extra TFLOPs don't guarantee extra performance.

Either way, both consoles are a massive step forward graphically for the money. Definitely bringing mid range pc performance for a lot less than a pc would cost.

The PS5 is not RDNA2. It is between RDNA1 and RDNA2.

The thing that excites me about the Series X is the dedicated Raytracing, Velocity Architecture and the DirectStorage API. Plus it is literally a beast of a GPU.

Saying that, I agree that both are a welcome upgrade that finally bring consoles so much closer to PC gaming.

Mk1
I'm confused. Is this new console all cloud based?

Will it still have disc games?

I'd just want basic xbox live, to play online etc.

Games pass sounds useless to me as if I'm lucky I'll only have time to play 1 game per year!

Plus the whole downloading thing is a pain in the arse. Might get one as it's a good price though, I need to actually do some reading on it. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Both are definitely RDNA 2 as linked.

Games pass sounds useless to me as if I'm lucky I'll only have time to play 1 game per year!

Plus the whole downloading thing is a pain in the arse. Might get one as it's a good price though, I need to actually do some reading on it. [emoji23]

If you want a disc drive equipped Xbox you'll need to get the Xbox Series X.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hi,

Ok so lets get Dolby out of the way first.

Dolby Atmos: If you want to take advantage of this, get a Dolby Atmos soundbar or headset. They can be a little dear, but are mind blowing. I have a Dolby Atmos enabled headset and I love it.

Dolby Vision: This is the industry leader for HDR, and you will find it included with most OLED screens. I didn’t realise you had included a link to o your TV, so I just checked it now. Yours is an LG but is not an OLED, so yes, Dolby Vision is not an option. They do say “HDR Pro” which is annoying (lots of manufacturers use their own terms which drives us all crazy) - By HDR Pro they mean HDR10. This is fine and is the minimum you want.

8bit+2bit FRC - This confuses most people. Ideally you want a ”True 10bit panel”, however lots of manufacturers opt for 8bit+2bitFRC as a way to reduce costs/price of the panel for consumers. This does sacrifice some colour depth and HDR performance, however most people either aren’t aware of it, or simply don’t care too much. Will you REALLY notice the difference? Perhaps in certain scenarios, but for most cases you should be ok. Oh and FRC stands for “Frame Rate Control”, for want of better words, its a way to fake 10bit when you only have an 8bit panel lol.

So to sum up: Dolby Atmost - get a sound bar or headset for it.

Dolby Vision: You will need an OLED. However, I have been avoiding OLEDs and opted for QLED instead (So I can’t use Dolby Vision either, but I do get HDR10+ which is the competitor to Dolby Vision, but not as well supported by movie makers! OLED has its own drawbacks - sure the blacks are better etc etc etc, BUT I do not want to baby my screen and worry about it - screen burn IS an issue No matter what anyone tells you. No manufacturer covers screen burn in warranty with OLEDs, and it CAN happen to anyone with an OLED.

QLED, for me and in my opinion, was a nice middle ground. The blacks are great and as its not an OLED, it came with a 10 years screen burn warranty from Samsung! I am in love with it lol! OLED purists will fight to the death for the OLED panels - which is fine - OLED is superior, but like I said I just didn’t want to have to worry about screen burn. Simple as that.

Wow that was a tangent, sorry lol! Excuse any spelling errors I am typing this up fast!

Bring on MICRO LED!!! Let’s not get in to that!

Any more questions or if you need me to clarify anything please just ask. I hope this cleared some things up for you :)

This is great informatiin DeeKay, thanks very much again mate!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I searched the internet for a couple of minutes but got bored.

When will the first Forza come out for the new series X? Will the new flight sim be on it? And is there a definitive list of titles (not just the handful at launch, the confirmed in first 6 months)?

Honda. Tesla Someday

Yes games will still be release as physical discs as well as digital :)

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Silly question. I've seen games on disk from say Tesco for instance, are around £30/£40 a game correct me if I'm wrong.

If this games pass is only £15 or whatever it costs a month, and that's for unlimited game play, is there a catch somewhere or am I missing something?

133T
It’s not only your legs that are crazy ☺️
The catch is you don’t own the game, you have to pay monthly to play it. Only a selection of games will be on the game pass. Not all games.
I only play COD so its not worth it for me. For my son however, the game pass might be worth it.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
It’s not only your legs that are crazy [emoji3526]
The catch is you don’t own the game, you have to pay monthly to play it. Only a selection of games will be on the game pass. Not all games.
I only play COD so its not worth it for me. For my son however, the game pass might be worth it.
Ha ha ha thanks mate! Thought there was a catch of sorts. So you pay for the pass and download a game, but you only get to play it for a month is that right, or you download it and play till your bored say a few months then download something else? Total noob to all this lol

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah there's limited games on game pass/EA but there's still some very good games which go up. As mentioned if you stop paying you lose access to the game and I think rarely but on occasion a game is removed from game pass. The selection is good but if you only play a few games it's worth checking if they are likely to be on there before you pay.

I got it under the £1 deal last year and can't say I've used it all that much but I still think I might just continue with it especially with EA pass included now too. You will need to download the full game it's not cloud/stream based and I think with any modern console you need to be prepared for large files sometimes over 100gb per game.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Ha ha ha thanks mate! Thought there was a catch of sorts. So you pay for the pass and download a game, but you only get to play it for a month is that right, or you download it and play till your bored say a few months then download something else? Total noob to all this lol
Think of it like Netflix for games. You pay your monthly subscription, you play whatever games are in the library, games come and go

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the info! I am typically a ps fan boy but wanted to get both this year just to open My options.

The pay monthly thing seems brilliant! Won't even recognise it going out of the bank however a close to £500 bill makes my anus hoop the macerena.
The sense of ownership of most things has just gone out the window in recent years. It wasn't long back where the only items you realistically had on 'pay monthly/from now to the foreseeable' were your mortgage and perhaps the car. Now everything is heading this way and I bet when more than a few people tot-up what goes out every month - it gets quite scary. Broadband, Sky/Virgin Media, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, XBox Pass, etc - and that's not even getting near the likes of a mobile phone contract and on-going payment for device itself and the package that comes with it.

I am a little at odds with all these subscriptions as well - especially with games. Not so much from the financial perspective above, but from the mindset that it puts you in. Increasingly, it makes everything far more disposable - just like iTunes, Spotify et al have done in the ways of actually buying music. The paradox comes with the fact that games are getting bigger and bigger - some way beyond the 100GB mark now. It does seem a small travesty in a way that for an ongoing fee, you can download a AAA-rated behemoth of a game, go 'meh' in ten minutes, then switch your brain onto something else to download. If you paid a lump-sum figure for it, you'd try it again that bit more.

I'd argue that the appreciation for the work and effort that a lot of studios pump into games, is increasingly being eroded by the fickle and non-committal attention span that is on the rise with players. The likes of Cyberpunk 2077 should require £50 in its own right and expect involvement from the player in return. Not a throwaway download to then switch to the latest COD because "....feck it, it's only £xx per month."

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Silly question. I've seen games on disk from say Tesco for instance, are around £30/£40 a game correct me if I'm wrong.

If this games pass is only £15 or whatever it costs a month, and that's for unlimited game play, is there a catch somewhere or am I missing something?

Ive got gamepass for my kids and most of the games aren’t the best. You certainly don’t get new titles.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Ive got gamepass for my kids and most of the games aren’t the best. You certainly don’t get new titles.
Thanks for the info mate.

It sounds like I'm probably just better off downloading or purchasing one game at a time I reckon (if I buy a console that is)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member

You do get new games I know Forza Horizon was on there straight away and that's a big game. Sure I saw something about all Xbox first class exclusives will go straight to game pass.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I’m tempted by this for my lads. Saying that, they just play fortnite which I’m pretty sure you could still play on the 360!

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i

That was my thinking, apart from one or 2 titles like Forza and Gears of War most of the stuff on there is pretty p!sh.

Honda. Tesla Someday

Hi, sorry but this is simply not true.

ALL FIRST PARTY XBOX GAMES - and I mean ALL are release DAY ONE! That includes Halo, Forza, Gears, Grounded, Hellblade, Minecraft etc etc etc etc etc. It is a steal having ALL first party developed games on GamePass on Day One Launch and they stay on GamePass and are never removed. You have access to the entire library of First Party games as long as you stay subscribed.

GamePass has hundreds of games on it, it even had Red Dead Redemption II on it for a while and other huge titles.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi, sorry but this is simply not true.

ALL FIRST PARTY XBOX GAMES - and I mean ALL are release DAY ONE! That includes Halo, Forza, Gears, Grounded, Hellblade, Minecraft etc etc etc etc etc. It is a steal having ALL first party developed games on GamePass on Day One Launch and they stay on GamePass and are never removed. You have access to the entire library of First Party games as long as you stay subscribed.

GamePass has hundreds of games on it, it even had Red Dead Redemption II on it for a while and other huge titles.

I always found it s**t other than one or two games.

Honda. Tesla Someday

You pay the subscription, and get access to 250+ Xbox games and over 200 PC games. You can play them as much as you want as long as you are subscribed to GamePass. There is no limit. All Xbox First party games are on there, released on Day One and they stay on there. It also includes Xbox 360 games, Xbox games etc etc.

You can even try GamePass for a small amount, and you are not locked in to a contract. It is excellent.

Honda. Tesla Someday

Download and play as many games as you like. There is no limit as long as you are subscribed to GamePass.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Just want to add, that with GamePass Ultimate you also get xCloud for free.

Meaning you can play all GamePass games on your android phone/tablet with an Xbox controller and the games are streamed to your device. No downloads, nothing! You stream the game and play it, and it works really well as long as you have a good internet connection.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5

I use this instead of buying titles (apart from the last of us part 2 - big mistake), I have the game/s from launch for as little or as long as I want as I mostly play single player titles. I then pop it in the post and on to the next game.

better value for 10.99 per month IMO

Honda. Tesla Someday

I use this instead of buying titles (apart from the last of us part 2 - big mistake), I have the game/s from launch for as little or as long as I want as I mostly play single player titles. I then pop it in the post and on to the next game.

better value for 10.99 per month IMO

Never heard of these lot, they sound really good!!! I used to rent games from Blockbuster... and then “LoveFilm” lol, had no idea this was still even a thing!! I’ll check them out too lol. I can’t see myself cancelling GamePass though, I freaking love it lol. Plus I have already paid for 3 years of it in advance (you can stack for 3 years max so I did)

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I’ve got this TV for my xbox.. doesnt seem the best, but its only a year old. Will it be compatible with a new xbox?