ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox Series X|S - OFFICIAL News!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I thought both consoles ran the same RDNA2 architecture? What am I missing here sorry?
Sony have sprinkled their own little inputs into their version and not used other bits (Apparently the bits more PC focused aspects). Xbox took the full RDNA2 lot. Since the consoles are not yet out and nobody has been able to test it, the Xbox fanboys (DK for example) seem to think this means the Xbox is better. Coz you know, no evidence and all that :ROFLMAO:

Honda. Tesla Someday
What is to suggest that Sony's own approach is less effective or better? That's right, none. Couldn't one suggest that Sony's bit part RDNA 2 bit part their own customisations will be better?

Nothing like sensationalist claims once again DK.

N0ddie. You are entitled to your opinion. Everything I have said is factual, go and check it If you wish, I truly couldn’t care less. I post very little on this forum, and when I do it’s to inform / help people.

Please keep your childish “console war” bait to yourself.

Cheers.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Sony have sprinkled their own little inputs into their version and not used other bits (Apparently the bits more PC focused aspects). Xbox took the full RDNA2 lot. Since the consoles are not yet out and nobody has been able to test it, the Xbox fanboys (DK for example) seem to think this means the Xbox is better. Coz you know, no evidence and all that :ROFLMAO:

“xbox fanboys (DK for example) - you’re just proving my point bud. Please grow up.

”This means Xbox is better” - hardware wise, yes it is. This is a proven fact. If you aren’t willing to listen to simple fact thats totally up to you man.

Have a nice day And feel free to stay off my thread. Like I said, I post little on here and when I do its to help/inform. I do not care for your childish misinformed remarks.

Honda. Tesla Someday
That is just a copy and paste of The Verge, Engadget or the likes summaries :ROFLMAO:

I wish they were just a copy and paste job. Unfortunately me being me, I type all the notes myself as I watch the conferences and upload them before anyone else. I post the most comprehensive notes sooner than any other tech news outlet. Like I have said in my iPhone thread, I post my notes for information purposes And if they help a single person even thats fine with me and I’m happy. As you may have seen in my recent iPhone 12 notes thread, many people did appreciate the notes.

Thats all I have to say about that.

Christ this place is becoming tedious.

I genuinely only post here to help people (as you have seen in this thread and other threads) yet I still have to put up with people being... people.

Says a lot.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Op I love your enthusiasm about everything haha

You remind me of the sort of person that gets excited that apple have announced an in built calculator on the new iPhone

I love technology. I know its a bit odd, but meh. I passionate about it.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
”This means Xbox is better” - hardware wise, yes it is. This is a proven fact.
Fact have proof. Where is proof that this indeed a fact?

@11:45 "...snowflaked, ignorant, insecure people."

Sound familiar?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
This console war crap should end tbh, lets just make this thread about the XSX, not a comparison with anything else.

Ultimately we all want every console to be a huge success, the competition pushes the manufacturers to make amazing consoles and charge very little for them!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
This console war crap should end tbh, lets just make this thread about the XSX, not a comparison with anything else.

Ultimately we all want every console to be a huge success, the competition pushes the manufacturers to make amazing consoles and charge very little for them!

What a stupid comment this. Lets have on individual spread total misinformation on a topic and leave it be? Clever that.

100% agree!
This isn’t the place for my console is better than yours.

@deekay86 keep up the good work mate, really enjoy reading the updates.

Roll on 10th [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The good work being what? Spreading fanboy misinformation?

Also, nobody has a new console yet so the "mines is better than yours" approach doesn't stand here. The guy is talking utter $hite. When I say he's wrong it my opinion, yet when he says something its a fact? How does that work?

For a guy that trying to make something of himself (Why I have nothing against) on the tech news front, one can't be as bias or make sensationalist claims like he's making otherwise he'll not do owt.

Last edited:
  Honda. Tesla Someday
Can a mod please remove N0ddie from this thread?

I made this thread to help and inform. I did NOT make this thread to get in to a petty “console war” argument with a petulant child that just wants to come on here and be abusive!

Honda. Tesla Someday

Thank you

100% agree!
This isn’t the place for my console is better than yours.

@deekay86 keep up the good work mate, really enjoy reading the updates.

Roll on 10th [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you mate, appreciate it.

Like I have said, everything I have said in this thread is fact. People are welcome to check. I’m not here to sell a console, I do not work for Microsoft and at the end of the day I couldn’t care less about a “console war”. People like N0ddie truly need to grow up and get a life. Sending someone abuse on a public forum the way he does is not ok, and I do hope a mod or admin does something about it. I don’t have time to post on here much, which is why I keep it to the point and keep what I say as factual as possible. It is as simple as that. If people like N0ddie are obsessed with the PS5, go and post your lies and abuse on the PS5 thread. I did not make this thread for you to come on here and give me abuse due to your own insecurities and immaturity

Honda. Tesla Someday
What we all need to do is calm down. Opinions are like arseholes - everyone’s got one.

If we can’t keep it civil I’ll dish out points or just s**t can the thread. Neither of which I want to do.

Thanks for being here NorthloopCup. I can now hopefully return this thread to its regular scheduled programming.

:)

Honda. Tesla Someday
YOU are the FUTURE OF GAMING!

This is pretty cool!!

I am still keeping an eye out for stock and will continue to report here as soon as I see any 😎

Honda. Tesla Someday
My order for the Series X directly from Microsoft has been confirmed (they emailed 2 days ago saying they will be taking funds and delivering for launch day - if you also ordered from MS directly you should also see an email soon).

For those who need to collect their pre-orders from a physical store, you may be wondering what is going to happen as we are heading for a National Lockdown. Some sites are saying that GAME stores may remain open as they are making the argument that they are “essential”. Not sure how that works but it is what it is.

Either way, it is a good idea to maybe contact your store and ask them what would happen if we do go in to the inevitable lockdown - do they have a plan in place? Will they switch to delivery? Would giving them your home address in advance help them delivery your pre-order faster?

Please do let me know what retailers tell you so we all have a better understanding of the situation. Console launches are a positive time of year for a lot of people, and we literally wait years for this. I know in the grand scheme of things with everything going on waiting a few more days isnt the end of the world, but still it would be nice to people to receive their pre-orders on the first day so we can be a little happy at least in these testing times.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Thanks for being here NorthloopCup. I can now hopefully return this thread to its regular scheduled programming.

:)
No problem, but everyone is entitled to their opinion mate. If you don’t agree with @N0ddie opinion - just move along and forget about it.

Oh and I own a PS4. Lol! But that’s because I’m more of a Sony fanboy. Good job there is such thing as cross play as I know lads with Xbox, pc and PS4.

Honda. Tesla Someday
No problem, but everyone is entitled to their opinion mate. If you don’t agree with @N0ddie opinion - just move along and forget about it.

Oh and I own a PS4. Lol! But that’s because I’m more of a Sony fanboy. Good job there is such thing as cross play as I know lads with Xbox, pc and PS4.

Noted. I did do my all to not provoke the situation as I really didn’t want this to be a “console war” thread. I have enough going on in life without arguing on the internet lol.

Some of my best friends are PS fans too, and like you said with CrossPlay its awesome to play together.

Cheers and thank you for being impartial :)

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
Noted. I did do my all to not provoke the situation as I really didn’t want this to be a “console war” thread. I have enough going on in life without arguing on the internet lol.

Some of my best friends are PS fans too, and like you said with CrossPlay its awesome to play together.

Cheers and thank you for being impartial :)
I just buy both consoles #baller. Although 99% of the time i'm on the xbox as is a much more superior media player (kodi, sky go) and has a nicer interface. I just get the ps5 for the console exclusives (excluding the let down that was last of us 2 )

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
not to mention the xbox works flawelessley with my logitech harmony hub. ps4 doesnt.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Kinda gash though that neither console look like they'll support Dolby Vision playback on 4k discs. I'd hoped to get shot of my stand alone player and use the consoles for bluray viewing.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Kinda gash though that neither console look like they'll support Dolby Vision playback on 4k discs. I'd hoped to get shot of my stand alone player and use the consoles for bluray viewing.

The Series X and S support HDR10 and HDR10+ (recently confirmed).
The Series X and S are also the first ever consoles which will support Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos for gaming (Dolby Website: https://www.dolby.com/gaming?utm_so...by&utm_term=edl&utm_content=xbox-announcement)

However yes, at this current time neither Xbox Series consoles or PS5 have confirmed Dolby Vision for UHD Blurays.

Honda. Tesla Someday
not to mention the xbox works flawelessley with my logitech harmony hub. ps4 doesnt.

Ha I also use the Logitech Harmony hub! Its great!

Did you know you can also control your Xbox with Alexa or Google Assistant?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
However yes, at this current time neither Xbox Series consoles or PS5 have confirmed Dolby Vision for UHD Blurays.

Kinda gash that neither console support it. Was hoping to get shot of the player and use the consoles for 4k discs.

Clio
I am still keeping an eye out for stock and will continue to report here as soon as I see any 😎
Mentioned it earlier but without preorder etc and launch date is it likely I will be able to pick one up before Christmas no problems? Just wondering what the stock levels will be like?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I reckon there will.be a number of consoles up for grabs closer to release date.

There was people with numerous pre orders that reserved more than 1 "just in case". Once monies are taken I reckon these will become available to purchase once confirmations are in place.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
When the XBONE and PS4 launched you were able to walk into most Game stores and pick one up. They forced you to buy ridiculous bundles full of crap at rrp, but you could get one without a pre order.

The issue is with lockdown you aren't going to have that option, all stock will go to online at the main stores and then you're competing against the folk that cba to go to the shop. It's going to be tough I reckon, but not impossible.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
When the XBONE and PS4 launched you were able to walk into most Game stores and pick one up. They forced you to buy ridiculous bundles full of crap at rrp, but you could get one without a pre order.

The issue is with lockdown you aren't going to have that option, all stock will go to online at the main stores and then you're competing against the folk that cba to go to the shop. It's going to be tough I reckon, but not impossible.

I think I paid £5 deposit in my PS4 about a month before release. Was told that the Assassins creed game that I got for the PS3 that day could be swapped for the 4's version when I picked it up.
The manager went mental because the girl there had been telling everyone who was pre ordering that they can straight swap a PS3 game when collecting their 4's.
He let me have it though. Didn't see her again.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Mentioned it earlier but without preorder etc and launch date is it likely I will be able to pick one up before Christmas no problems? Just wondering what the stock levels will be like?

Microsoft has said there should be a flow of at least a few units consistently for the rest of the year as they have had a good run of producing consoles.

I think that as long as you’re quick, you should have a good chance before Christmas.

clio 16v
FFS had a call from my bank stating that Microsoft tried to charge my preorder and their fraud systems blocked the bloody payment. Block has now been removed. Called Microsoft and the advisor stated they will try to charge twice more and then cancel the payment. The advisor seemed slightly clueless so I have my doubts. Anyone got any experience from a similar situation?

Honda. Tesla Someday
FFS had a call from my bank stating that Microsoft tried to charge my preorder and their fraud systems blocked the bloody payment. Block has now been removed. Called Microsoft and the advisor stated they will try to charge twice more and then cancel the payment. The advisor seemed slightly clueless so I have my doubts. Anyone got any experience from a similar situation?

Oh man that sucks! I’ll check my account to see if funds left successfully. Thanks for the heads up and I hope your payment goes through ok!!