ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yes, young person insurance thread again.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
My brother is looking at getting a 182 in the near future. He is 19 but turns 20 in november. He currently drives a C2 1.4 under tesco insurance but when he phoned them up they wont insure anything over a 1.6 until he's 21. He therefore rang many different companies and many of them said the same, including Directline which ive heard is one of the cheapest from on here.

The cheapest quote he found was around £3500 (fully comp) from Elephant.

Any ideas apart from waiting until he is 21?

/carl

p.s yes i know there are alot of these threads but some of them dont seem believable :rasp:

best just to wait untill he is 21, most of us on here had to, i tured 21 in june and im paying £950 for insurance on my 182

If he's desperate go TPFT, that what most people on here seemed to have done. As well as bumping up there voluntary excess.

Abarth 500 Essesse
voluntary excess high and dont do many miles also i have looked at many insurance companies being 20 and bell, elephant seem to be the cheapest since they are the same company their prices are similar, also add an old named driver

'07 Impreza, 182 sold now
My brother is looking at getting a 182 in the near future. He is 19 but turns 20 in november. He currently drives a C2 1.4 under tesco insurance but when he phoned them up they wont insure anything over a 1.6 until he's 21. He therefore rang many different companies and many of them said the same, including Directline which ive heard is one of the cheapest from on here.

The cheapest quote he found was around £3500 (fully comp) from Elephant.

Christ... Insurance is high these days i paid about that for a 3.5 V8 when i was 19

BG 182
Adrian flux are cheap for young drivers but they were terible when i got hit by a farmer. He admitted liabillity but it still took 8 monthes for them to sort everything out:mad:

Sunflower 172 :)
i was 19 when i insured mine with 1 yrs no claims and 3 points and i paid 1600 tpft and am due for renewal in jan so i hope to get alot cheaper haha

P

phill172

im 19, i have no no claims bonuses, as i was a named driver since i was 17. I bought myself a 02 plate 172 and im insured with MCE but the policy company is Norwich Union, if you havent got insurance yet phone them as im only paying £1600 a year fully comp with all the lovelys included...

P

phill172

o and sorry my voluntry access is £500, and dont try Adrian Flux as they just rape you untill your over 21!

RenaultSport 172.
im 18 ...with elephant and pay £1300 on my valver...that was more than half on what other insurers wanted...and some wouldnt even insure me!

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
£1,200 fully comp with elephant. i'm 20 with 1 yrs NCB. my ford ka was £600 with them previously with a voluntary excess set at £0 whereas the 182 excess has gone up to something ridiculous like £600!

i found elephant were by far the cheapest, but my renewal is coming up in 2 weeks and im looking elsewhere as the customer service is abismal, the majority of the staff can't speak english and thought my 182 was a 2 door convertible...

RenaultSport 172.
elsewhere as the customer service is abismal, the majority of the staff can't speak english and thought my 182 was a 2 door convertible...

opposite. when my vlaver got crashed into, their service is ACE. theyre doing all the work for me!

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
elsewhere as the customer service is abismal, the majority of the staff can't speak english and thought my 182 was a 2 door convertible...

opposite. when my vlaver got crashed into, their service is ACE. theyre doing all the work for me!

strange. it was a nightmare changing my policy over when i got the 182, i ended up putting the phone down on 2 of the guys as i got sick of tryig to explain what my car was!
people have said it depends on what time u call elephant, if its 9-5 i think u get someone that can understand english sufficiently enough, but if it's after then...you're buggered!

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
Am i the only one that uses a price comparison site to find the cheapest quote?

www.confused.com has worked wonders for me every year. I Insured a 2.0l at 20 for a good price, yet i couldnt get insurance on a williams.

clio 172 cup
adrian flux is best i got me 172 cup insured for 1100quid 20yr old 2yrs no claims 3points speeding good postcode though! confused.com was s**t for me cheap quotes until i phoned up
tpft 200excess