ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

You know you've been ragging it when...

A Beautiful R32
... you get home and find a bird lodged head first in your grille, arse and legs sticking out... poor thing. Wish I'd taken a picture though before I pulled it out, although it was a bit sick it was quite comical (lets see how many people flame that comment)...

Anyone else wanna finish the above sentance..??

UR 197, AB 182 FF
...you stop at a petrol station to fill up and find you cant read your numberplate due to what seems a whole species of insects covering it

1998 BMW e46 323i
... women, women.

You know when you've been ragging it when you get out and can still smell burning rubber

cock mobile.
Please....

You know you've been ragging it when you inadvertently run out of petrol!

CJ

Blue ph1 172
...you blow a spark plug, head gasket twice and snap timing belt all in 6 months.

E90
When Tom has to change the pads in yr 172 in the ring carpark as they have shattered and only the metal backing plate is left.

tiTTy & SV650
You know you've been ragging it when you leave the apex of the corner backwards

in fact no thats when you know you cant drive and you just found out what lift off oversteer is.

A Beautiful R32
rory182 said:
You know you've been ragging it when you leave the apex of the corner backwards

in fact no thats when you know you cant drive and you just found out what lift off oversteer is.

lol

Clio 197
Davey182 said:
... you get home and find a bird lodged head first in your grille, arse and legs sticking out... poor thing. Wish I'd taken a picture though before I pulled it out, although it was a bit sick it was quite comical (lets see how many people flame that comment)...

Anyone else wanna finish the above sentance..??

Exact same thing happened to me!

It was my VW Bora, the air-con radiator was damaged as a result, causing it to blow-up!

:S

Trophy 265/500
Grouse and Pheasants in my neck of the woods ususally. Little buggers are prone to scratch your paintwork and crack your numberplate if you're meaning it.

BMW 320d SE
Weeman said:
When Tom has to change the pads in yr 172 in the ring carpark as they have shattered and only the metal backing plate is left.
Similar thing happened to me at my last trackday at Goodwood. Had to drive 15 miles home with only metal for brake pads!
I love the ticking sound from the exhaust after a good ragging, along with the smell of burning rubber and hot brakes. :cool:

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
sod the finihs the sentence thing...heres some pics of the same for you...

look in the bottom grill and below splitter
100_2126.gif

100_2127.gif

general carnage
100_2128.gif

When you kill 3 animal in about a minute on seperate incidents.

Or better still when you look at yout tyres later and theres a falt spot from where the tread all melted when you locked up.

Clio 197
shergy said:
.... when a Police undercover Evo 8 pulls you over and gives you 3 points on the spot....:evil: :D

Yeah... I say one today. He was trying to bait me, pulling up next to me and burning off...

...he then slowed down... and did it again.

w@nker.

when your mum's shat the passenger seat, vomited on your lap and punched you in the gob for being a penis.

My mother in law actually fainted when I took her out in mine for the first time, I know it's not a Ferrari but it was too quick for her, and I am not lying!

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Karlos69 said:
Similar thing happened to me at my last trackday at Goodwood. Had to drive 15 miles home with only metal for brake pads!
I love the ticking sound from the exhaust after a good ragging, along with the smell of burning rubber and hot brakes. :cool:

What the hell is that ticking sound from the exhaust? What causes it? I always thought that something was wrong with it.

www.crushmy307.co.uk ---
anj_at.gif
anj_aw.gif
anj_aa.gif
anj_at.gif

just the metals underneath (heat shields & exhaust etc) have differing thermal expansion coeff's and it just ticks when cooling.

polarbert said:
What the hell is that ticking sound from the exhaust? What causes it? I always thought that something was wrong with it.

www.crushmy307.co.uk ---
anj_at.gif
anj_aw.gif
anj_aa.gif
anj_at.gif

lol, i always thought something was wrong too. you usually here it on cars which have done long journeys or been ragged. but just normal driving for 5 or 10 mins, seems to cause it! :S

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
After a breakfast run...it came apart when I tried to remove it leaving head/other bits wrapped around the grill :dead: ...it was so rank my cat wasn't even interested.

100_3032.gif

Jonas7 said:
lol, i always thought something was wrong too. you usually here it on cars which have done long journeys or been ragged. but just normal driving for 5 or 10 mins, seems to cause it! :S

My Old Man's 911 does the same thing, he parks it in the garage and you can hearing tinging. In the winter it warms up the whole garage....

MarkCup said:
After a breakfast run...it came apart when I tried to remove it leaving head/other bits wrapped around the grill :dead: ...it was so rank my cat wasn't even interested.

100_3032.gif

you werent going fast enough, i fit a bird like at and all that was left in the grill was a foot, the rest came out the back of the car :eek: