ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your opinions on FCS 2010

More poke than viagr
Yup, I think so, or they can exchange a self portrait for free sweets, we'll then display their 'art' on the wall. LOL

:approve:

OMG i am sooo coming to TRAX just for this tbh! :rasp: :eek: LMAO im actually laughing just thinking about it!!!!! :rasp:

Yeah we need more choooons next time, i thought it was you admins playing the music for a laugh lol

Renault Sport Clio 182
it was my first time of going, and probably the last, long drive up, early start, loads of chavs racing and brappin on the way up there lol, and not alot when we were there, good to see the cs lot though.

but never again i dont think.

Golf GTD Mk7
hmmm, never been, and by the sound of it never will tbh. World Series is much better with lots to do. Get down to that for a wicked weekend. CS should have a stand imo :D

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
hmmm, never been, and by the sound of it never will tbh. World Series is much better with lots to do. Get down to that for a wicked weekend. CS should have a stand imo :D

From what I'm lead to believe, there are no club stands as its just about the Renault brand.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
From what I'm lead to believe, there are no club stands as its just about the Renault brand.

This is true, there isn't specific parking for clubs but Stephen Dell at the Alpine owners club does organise the infield parking on behalf of/with Renault Histoire.

Forms to attend aren't live yet, but keep checking and i'm sure they'll be on there soon. http://www.renaultalpineownersclub.com/

Hi chaps

Thanks for the feedback.

I have been attending shows for 12 years and to be honest you probably are not going to get much more happening than FCS unless it starts getting into what some would describe as the chavvy stuff.

Its good to hear people want to see and do more but please please offer ideas up for FCS 2011.The line up this year was pretty significant and very expensive so looking for ideas.

I always feel shows are enhanced when clubs engage their members so it adds more value to the event. Show n shine, prize draws etc etc. Many pitch up at the event at 0700 and its impossible to provide hard action all day. There three stunt teams this year cost £10k.

We had 46 traders this year and no matter if we do a show with 10 or a 100 people want more. Maybe you can lobby your local tuners etc to come along as its a cheap trade pitch at FCS.

Track time was grossly undersold by Cliosport this year and the dedicated session sold 6 out of 37 slots so glad to see more want track time in 2011.

Cheers
Mark

It wasn't 'grossly undersold' at all. People aren't keen because of reasons like this..

I'll post up a few thoughts...

I treated the day as a track day mostly - I had one session booked with the 172 cup in the morning - but the car was so quick, so much fun to drive.. I got hooked. Got 2 more sessions in - and they were fantastic.

HOWEVER - The same b****cks happens every year with dickhead heros on track. They say in the briefing if you overtake on bends or in braking zones you get black flagged - but I've never seen the black flag come out once

On my afternoon session there was some piece of s**t blu jap thing - slow as s**t. Came out the chicane onto the oval - he moved right and I shot past, but then when I got to the hairpin at the end of the oval under braking - he booted it past on the inside forcing me right out to the right hand side and nearly off the track. Then I spent a lap stuck to his arse trying to get past as he lagged his way around the infield.

The track part of the show needs managing properly - one year there's gonna be a big accident or someones gonna get smacked..

It's not very well organised, fairly expensive and people would rather pay more and do it properly.

Revels

Club only sessions are usually better managed than open sessions and thats what we prefer.

Book-a-track are one of the best track day companies in the UK but I suppose when its open slots it happens regardless who manages the circuit.

I know most car shows when its open slots and not dedicated club it does have more heros on track.

A CS dedicated track session sold would only have CS people.

Mark

2005 Renault Clio 1.2 16v
A CS dedicated track session sold would only have CS people.

Mark

Does that work out cheeper?

Also, some people might not have the finances when your deadlines require it but may have more on the day, could they book into the CS session upon arrival?

there is a few reasons why the CS session didn't sell in my mind and I am happy to discuss.

I am interested to hear what people want to see on the day as we hear people telling us what they don't like but its interesting to know what people want to see on the day also. Thats the hard question usually for everyone.

Mark

Clio16VT
i think my tastes have changed now too, as i was sick of looking at 106/saxos after 5 mins so hope trax will be a little bit more diverse in terms of the metal on show. (i do understand it was a french car show) but hardly saw any renault 19s and no 21 turbos that now interest me a little more than a vtr with an air filter...

there where 3 21's on the 21toc stand. One,mine, on the renault club belgium stand.

might put some off but the ones i saw going on the rolling road were not standard by any means or where so chavvy they thought there cars would be producing 100bhp+ with a piperX induction kit lol

I've got several complains about the RR.

I'll gues that red dot wants those type of cars. Have you seen how they strap the car in ? One word: Rediculous !

I'll waited almost 1 h to get on the rollers (fair enough), but when it was my time the guy told me; where not able to run the car. WTF ??? The bump was to low...
Then i ask him if he didnt had any tools or wooden plates to stick under the wheels?? After 3 attempts (could be the language:rolleyes:) they give it a go.

Next problem: he couldnt secure the rear wheels, skirts where to low. Instead off strapping it on the rearaxle he knocked the rubber stops between the wheel and skirt. :dead:

Next thing, question from red dot: what kind of power does the car have ?
Answer: i dont care ! I just want to get the AFR measured
Silence....
Whe cant measure the afr because whe dont have a compressor.

Alreadyyyy then...
After the first run i told the guy to give it more boost. He almost **** his pants and ask me 5 times if i was sure. Duh !

40 £ wasnt that bad but went on there to get the afr. Shame, such a big name and no decent equipment.

Clio16VT
@Mark,

6th time whe came to FCS. Every day whe received emails about the 10th anniversary and how special it would be. This is what i told my clubmembers...
Whe even got the 3 germans (1700 km one way) with us.

I'm sorry but whe couldnt find anything special or diff. compared to the 2009 edition.

I received an email from you and Gordon with the VIP-invitation, wich said, print this and show at the VIP entry. I was the only idiot with a print in his hand at the door...everybody walked in and out. Made me feel like a t**t. :clown:

None
there is a few reasons why the CS session didn't sell in my mind and I am happy to discuss.

I am interested to hear what people want to see on the day as we hear people telling us what they don't like but its interesting to know what people want to see on the day also. Thats the hard question usually for everyone.

Mark

The reason they didn't sell was because to me at least it wasn't generally known there was dedicated CS time on the track, i knew there was track time but there was no way i'm taking my pride and joy out with some of those chavy lunatics, the general concensus is that it was a free for all out there......good for standing on the sides watching but not for being out there.

I have one major complaint about the day......why didn't the organizers put the arena's back to back?, i didn't even know there was a second arena till we were about to leave and i never saw sight of any rolling road!, i just think more thought could have gone into the layout, as for club parking!.....some of our convoy arrived twenty minutes after the others as we got split up and for some reason we were sent around the corner by the fence out of the way yet people arriving after us were sent to park in the main area which was shut off to us when we came in :(

Mustang, S13, AX GT
The track time seemed more expensive this year than previous years to me, and also I read '15 minute' track slot and decided that it wasn't worth paying money for 15 minutes on track.

If there were 46 traders confirmed, they were very poorly laid out as it took all of 5 minutes to walk around them all, maybe outstretched a little bit from watching the arena. If they were in the pit garages like in 2007 I would have taken more of an interest and probably spent a good deal more time in there. It seems like the show is smaller because its all done on the front, the only time you need to go under the tunnels is if you have track time imo. Get stuff in the centre!! put the 2nd arena in the middle, I didn't even know there was another arena over there this year as I figured it was all owners clubs in that general direction.

The main arena seemed the same as last year, but more boring. The bike 'stunt' duo in the arena wasn't very exciting at all, it took 2 minutes and I was bored of it. Terry Grant is good, but he is seen every where you ever go that involves cars and a show, its a bit old. Chavvy though it may be, Max Power Live last time I went had a grandstand made up outside where you were quite close to the cars and they had a top fuel dragster go down the 1/8 mile they had set up between the grand stands, and Russell Swift showing of his parking skills and his 2 wheeling skills. You could also put the rally car on display there and where its close to you instead of down a straight for an oval track its more spectacular, especially for any-one who has been to see the stock car racing or BTCC at Rockingham before tbh.

Maybe you could also re-introduce the 0-60 sprint you used to have in the pit lane, it was popular when it was on and I would probably pay the £7 or whatever it was to go down it now I have a sport model :)

LY R26
as much as i loved the track at FCS

it was advertised as "15 Minutes" and in reality it was 8/9mins at best

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
ISTS had a live stage this year which involved getting people up there to win stuff and do challenges. That entertained pretty much everyone for an hour.

DB.

BMW 440i
Trax has the 0-60 on the hill which i enjoyed watching. Was nice to lie on the hill and watch.

Can FCS not be at a different location next year? Think that would be the only way id come tbf.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
, as for club parking!.....some of our convoy arrived twenty minutes after the others as we got split up and for some reason we were sent around the corner by the fence out of the way yet people arriving after us were sent to park in the main area which was shut off to us when we came in :(

I'm happy to explain why this happened.
When we first started parking cars on the main area, there was a coned off area by the main road that was the access road for Meganesport. After some time, it was quite clear that Meganesport no-longer needed to use this to get onto their stand. After confirming this with them and getting the ok from Fcs parking marshall's, we were able to park aprox. 8 more cars on the extra strip. By this stage we had aready started to use our overflow so there is a high chance that some of the cars entering at the same time got split up between the 2 areas. This was a small price to pay compared to leaving the extra space clear, thus making the stand look odd.

None
I'm happy to explain why this happened.
When we first started parking cars on the main area, there was a coned off area by the main road that was the access road for Meganesport. After some time, it was quite clear that Meganesport no-longer needed to use this to get onto their stand. After confirming this with them and getting the ok from Fcs parking marshall's, we were able to park aprox. 8 more cars on the extra strip. By this stage we had aready started to use our overflow so there is a high chance that some of the cars entering at the same time got split up between the 2 areas. This was a small price to pay compared to leaving the extra space clear, thus making the stand look odd.

Cheers for explaining that Brian...........though really i only have myself to blame for losing the front half of the convoy :eek:

Clio 197 Cup
ISTS had a live stage this year which involved getting people up there to win stuff and do challenges. That entertained pretty much everyone for an hour.
we done that once and were told by many it was chavvy

Happy with suggestions and not discounting anything, even live stage.

(Sorry worng login)

Mark
French Car Show

DB.

BMW 440i
Not sure on the capacities of other tracks etc around the UK. Imagine someone in your line could find out easily though.

Silverstone manages it for Trax, Would that be too expensive for FCS?

Just looking of ways to vary it rather than it being the same old and a repeat of the year before.

DB.

BMW 440i
Silverstone is 100k to hire, Trax has 17,000 to 20,000 to pay bill.

Ahh, Explains. I knew it would be alot more expensive, but didnt realise it would be 5 times the amount.

It's not that im criticising, Im just a nosey bugger and like to know the reasons behind thinking etc. Event Management has always interested me, the financial details even more with me doing Business Management and Accounting and Finance at Uni. lol.

Cheers,

Dave

DB.

BMW 440i
Are you serious? Trax was 10 times as chavy and it took me AN HOUR to get into, FCS was good but just wasnt as big but only took me 10 minutes to get into ;) My first time there and ill be going next year.

You clearly didnt go down the outside lane and dip in at the end. Lol!

Thanks Greeny 172

There has been a few negtaives later in this post but I am glad to say I received hundreds of positives by email and earlier in this thread.

Its hard to keep several thousand happy and to be honest its very hard working in the 'french car scene' whether its PFC magazine or the shows as the who market place has very little support compared to other 'scenes'. Thats why the likes of PFC mag is on its third owners compared with the likes of performance VW, BMW, Ford etc (which it originated from).

When you speak with the big names in trade that turn out of the likes of PVS, Trax etc as soon as you mention peugeot, citroen or renault after market they immedately think no money there.

Its a shame but true.

Mark

Dave

I am a club person 100% through and thats why I run FCS and now taken on the mag. Its not for the high life, I have a job like the rest of us working shifts etc.

I am happy to discuss events with everyone, we have always been open.

If you don't like trax, ISTS etc no one from there will be on chatting about it, they don't really care.

I appreciate constructive feedback.

Its interesting when you go onto say meganesport or clio v6 the least chavvy forums and they are raving about FCS and arranging next years presence.

Its weird how it all shakes out in peoples eyes.

Mark

Run down on venues

Rockingham - Hundreds of positive emails re Rockingham. Not perfect but much better than many alternatives.
Brunts - No circuit now so no point in going
Castle Combe - probably too far south and most would think it was a dump
Silvertstone - too expensive
Brands etc (that group of tracks) - unable to work with them as they want gate
money
Donnington - A possible when back up and running as I like it

v static show

2003 saw FCS being a static show. That was the only year in ten shows it was static and many look back and say it was great. BUT at the time, many gripes of nothing to do and boredom.

I was advised this year we could add some more 'live' aspects rather than x3 expensive stunt teams

Inter club challenges
Decent music
etc etc

As long as it wasn't branded chavvy we would certainly look at it.

What more can you add to a car show?

Ideas on a post card please......

Mark

I didn't go this year but I thought location wise and set up, last year was the best it's been in a long time.

Certainly better than 06? I think when it was just a long runway.

To be honest its funny listening to feedback when I get loads of suggestions to add stuff we were knocked for having in the past, it truly does confirm its almost impossible to do something to suit everyone.

I am keen to impliment suggestions to keep it interesting as thats our biggest problem. keeping the show interesting,

I find going to other shows, they are all much of a muchness and its hard to think outside the box.