ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

“Charlotte” The 182 FF

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Final few odds and sods.

added some spacers as info like the full arch look.

Oddly though I was expecting some spacers on the rear bearings but there was none present? Are they there on all cars?

195EAE80-8EC4-4BE2-AF0C-D8938713FB27.jpeg

1AAF4FD9-B28E-4480-A9BF-758FC93C57EF.jpeg

Then I’ve done the gearbox oil, didn’t look terrible to be fair but worthwhile doing to know it’s been done.

5D8090B8-A4CC-4634-8EC3-E5393782CA80.jpeg
5938C10F-86A7-4F7D-8747-D6B0B0301857.jpeg
82068038-A3B9-4308-B759-18BC68E2F95E.jpeg

Just got the service to do but will likely wait until after the MOT on Friday for that.

went for a quick run down the lane and it all feels fine, nothing feel off and it’s great to be back behind the wheel also the slight crunch seems to have gone…. For now…

map other than cleaning it there’s not much more I can do now.

Yes, all cars need/have spacers.

Sometimes they stick to the back of the disc when it's removed, so it's all too common/easy to accidentally throw them out with the old discs.

You can buy reproduction spacers from KAM Racing, for example.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Yes, all cars need/have spacers.

Sometimes they stick to the back of the disc when it's removed, so it's all too common/easy to accidentally throw them out with the old discs.

You can buy reproduction spacers from KAM Racing, for example.
Thanks, I thought that would be the case, as it happens I have a set of spacers but couldn’t see them on the back of the disc or the hub hence the question.

looks like it’s time to take the rear apart again. 🤣

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I like reading your updates here, good work, it's looking excellent!

Also thank the lord it's on a new page now, it was taking an age to load all those photos 😂

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Just realised something is loose inside the front near side wheel arch. I suspect it’s the connector for the fog lights so I’ll have to sort that as well as the rear wheel bearing spacers so still a few things tidy up.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Don't drive it far without those rear disc spacers, becomes a real pain to get the discs off if they've not been fitted. Ask me how I know.
How do you know🤣

I was surprised I had to use the puller to be honest. They’ve been on for a year like that as they were done just before I bought the car, I’ll get them done this week before the MOT, it’s not going far before then.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
How do you know🤣

I was surprised I had to use the puller to be honest. They’ve been on for a year like that as they were done just before I bought the car, I’ll get them done this week before the MOT, it’s not going far before then.
Fair enough, suppose you've been without them for a while, I wasn't so lucky.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Fair enough, suppose you've been without them for a while, I wasn't so lucky.

I’ve heard a lot about the bearings breaking quickly and almost welding themselves to the axle without the spacer so I do feel I’ve got lucky. The more I look the more I find. Shouldn’t pull on the loose threads….

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Quickly whipped the rear discs off again tis morning to double check the bearing spacer situation and confirm they were not there, they were not. As it happened I had a set from the rear axle I bought do cleaned them up and put them on, being careful to get them the right way around and then put it all back together.

I can see how easy it is to throw them out, I took on of the discs off again to wind the calliper back and it was on the back of the wheel bearing. One ot remember when I come to changing them in the future.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
A slight expensive day but more frustrating than anything…

I had the day off work and I thought it’d be a good opportunity to service the oil and filter etc. Got on with that.

I use a pump to pull out as much oil as possible before dropping the plug so that I can save the floor from oil… which is ironic… so pulled out the oil and then dropped the plug nice and easy, filter off and new one on oil change done in 30 mins! Happy days.

789AE339-1E91-46DC-89E3-445B0F338103.jpeg

so… on the MOT the mechanic said the near side spring was dragging in the carrier so I thought I’d just whip the strut off and check it out, easy peasy… turns out the top mount wasn’t mounted correctly (doh) so I fixed that and was putting it back on when the front hub got a bit wild and pulled the drive shaft which pulled the seal clean off the mounting… which I’m turn allowed all the (brand new) gear box oil out and all over my drive… gah.

so a run over to drakes and £71 in new gearbox oil and a jubilee clip later and I’m not really hoping that it doesn’t just come off as I drive lol. Paranoia for a few miles now.

Not many pics but rest assured there was lots of cursing, tools were thrown and some more cursing. Good times.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Couple of minor updates

My number plate light didn’t clip into the bumper so was bouncing out and damaging the bumper and people were flashing me to tell me so bought a new one.
1092C684-7316-42E8-B941-DF4529621F63.jpeg

Also I’ve had a 3 speaker system since I got it so I’ve finally got some new rear speakers, nothing fancy but do the job, got machine components to go in the front.
F4973DE9-C85C-4662-860B-DE50C8390C08.jpeg

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Couple of small updates,

fitted new front speakers, didn’t take any pics but it’s a pretty simple process.

also got the spare wheel back from being refurbed, so all my wheels are now nice and new looking.
F9D57A04-11D8-41B1-A711-2A45A3D1BE48.jpeg

also totally forgot that you need spark plugs for a petrol car service so ordered some of them and a inlet gasket just in case, so a job for the weekend.

CE5044AD-7838-435C-A395-A42415EEB18E.jpeg

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
In other news the spare wheel is now permanently secured in the boot as it won’t unlock. Reading, it seems that it’s common for the mechanism to break so I’ll be looking into that.

French car doing French car things.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I've been through that pain so many times I buy them in pairs now😂. Enjoy crawling in the boot through the back seat to release it.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
I've been through that pain so many times I buy them in pairs now😂. Enjoy crawling in the boot through the back seat to release it.
Literally just ordered one of those. Was tempted to get two, but might get a spare next month to add to the warehouse of spares I’m accumulating.

ive put a screwdriver in my car so that I can access the boot as i can almost certainly guarantee to get a puncture now.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Something I chuckled at was how my internal alam sensors are doing a great job…

D160073B-E01D-4710-B2D5-14B2182F28B5.jpeg

anyone else seen this? Basically the arbor is visible at the top on the pic and the wire has just been cut off.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
In other news the spare wheel is now permanently secured in the boot as it won’t unlock. Reading, it seems that it’s common for the mechanism to break so I’ll be looking into that.

French car doing French car things.
So the Motor is actually working fine, it seems to be going into some sort of fail safe as its locking the boot but its like it bounces off the "lock" position and then stops part way between, if I wiggle the wires it them works fine again, Im thinking its just a connection issue. So I will need to do some more digging unless anyone has come across this before.