ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.9 dci lacking low down torque/power, RR graph included

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well, this isn't a clio, but there's a good knowledge base on here so thought it was worth asking anyway.

Its a vauxhall vivaro van, but I believe it's the same engine as in the laguna dci, 100hp one.

Basically it has no low down torque at all. It almost drives like a petrol. So far we have tried changing the MAF sensor, checked/cleaned EGR valve and changed the boost solenoid to no avail.

Anyway here's the RR graph
IMG_20150829_135827~01.jpg

As you can see the curves look nothing like a diesel should. The final blue run was with the boost solenoid disconnected and the two vacuum pipes connected together. Also ignore the lines drawn on to show what a diesel graph should look like.

Does anyone have any ideas what this could be? My only thoughts is that the wastegate actuator isn't set up properly.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
It's making shitty boost for a diesel, it's not on full boost till 3.2k - what the f**k is up with that.

Gotta have a big issue with boost/vac somewhere, should be well on song before then.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Smoke test it. Bet there's a vacuum leak.

It's making shitty boost for a diesel, it's not on full boost till 3.2k - what the f**k is up with that.

Gotta have a big issue with boost/vac somewhere, should be well on song before then.
It was tested to see if it was holding a vacuum when it was getting it's RR runs. Holds a vacuum fine apparently (I wasn't there at the time, but my dad was and it's his van).

And the smoke from it is surprisingly minimal. I thought it seemed short on boost though tbh. Its making 1 bar according to the live data I can get but I can't find any figures on what its supposed to be.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Not that kind of smoke test :smile: you put a machine on the inlet and let it do its thing. Then if there's a leak it'll start pissing smoke out.
May be having a r****d moment here but how would putting something on the inlet reach the vacuum lines? I thought the vacuum setup on a diesel just came from the vac pump?

C2 vts
Try simple things first.
Is the actuator moving freely?
Is the map sensor clogged up?
Egr stuck open?
Silly little things like that could cause it

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Actuator moves fine yeah. EGR has also been cleaned out, tried disconnected etc so that's ruled out as well.

Not sure if he's tried a different map sensor in it, but the live data off it doesn't point towards it being dodgy