ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172’s wanna race me WHY

ALright guys i doubt it was anyone on here bbut lately a load of 172s have tried racing me why i got a 1.2 16V for gods sake i dont even "rev up" they just stare at me then floor it or tail me practically touching my bumper maybe its cause i gto lexus lights etc they think i have some kinda sport smodel who knows??

any way they beter watch out cause i need a new rear bumper due to the missus reversing into a boulder and i might just touch my brakes next time!!ha ha only joking:cry:

Im sure its the lexus lights mate, they think you think youre a bad mutha (not that im saying you think you are!!) and so have to beat you, subtle is the way to go!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

maybe its cause you got a sticker on your back window saying I have 172 owners .. ;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

damn my spelling it was supposed to say hate... grr

To date I have raced and played with a:

Ford Focus ST170
Scoobydoo Impretza
106 something (not gti)
Couple Beemers

and thats it :( but I did win every race :)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

True, although I did race a bog standard 306 aswell on the motorway. I think it was an HDI or somthing.

There was no contest at all, I obliterated him.. funny bit was he came flying past at about 90mph 2 minutes later (after I slowed back down to 70mph) looking really chuffed with himself.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

its because 1.2s are quicker than 172s

Try it ;)

My new wheels give me 200bhp on thier own

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I heard those 1.2 (1.1) can kill most cars on the road, whenever I see one I pull over and pretend my car has broken down just so I wont be put to shame ;)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 27 January 2003

I heard those 1.2 (1.1) can kill most cars on the road, whenever I see one I pull over and pretend my car has broken down just so I wont be put to shame ;)

see its like an urban myth

1.2s are really 220bhp monsters that renault disguise as 1.2 shoppin carts

Hey took ya advice guys and a caned a 172 a porche a mitsi Evo 6 and a golf vr6 AT LUNCH TIME BOY WERE THEY PISSED!!!!

Well i guess us 1..2s really are the kings you should have seen me hanging onto it around the roundabout with my conti coated 15s gripping the tarmac like an asylum seeker clinging to the channel tunnel!!!

lol remeber that post before about how someone killed an evo 6 in his 1.2 ha hahahahahaha:D

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by DynamiqueDick on 27 January 2003

should have seen me hanging onto it around the roundabout with my conti coated 15s gripping the tarmac like an asylum seeker clinging to the channel tunnel!!!

hehehe lol

Its one of two things:

The 172 people know we have a secret weapon (ssssshhhhhh the secret power button only found on 1.2s)

Or:

They are just being gits and showing us how slow our cars are :oops:

VW Potato

I promise i will not race anyone. This is because I is a crap driver, and even if you were in a milkfloat with no motor, youd still beat me :)

g

Alfa Mito 155TB

So far I have beat: Celica 140BHP, Almera GTI, Clio cup and pulled away from BMWs with laughable ease...they give up

But I was fair and square beaten by a RS Turbo.

THE UNFORTUNATE STATE OF LIFE...NOBODY ON HERE OF COURSE BUT PEOPLE ARE JUST PLAIN DICKS NO MATTER WHAT THEY DRIVE....YOU GOT A NEW CAR..LOOKS GOOD..LIVELY PERFORMANCE..GREAT FUEL ECONOMY..AND PAID A HELL OF ALOT LESS..MAYBE THEY ARE JEALOUS OF YOU!!!! MIGHT BE TRUE HA HA!!!!!