ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 numberplates...

Apart from the insane price of A172 CUP and C172 CUP I have never seen "X172 XXX" plates for sale on the various plate sites. Yet driving to work this morning I followed a C172 XXX and then a T182 XXX (just on vans). Im guessing as they are standard format plates they are deemed not worthy of selling by the DVLA etc. Can you get them anywhere?

Im sure someone is pootling round in C182 CUP somewhere, probably in a car worth less than the plate!

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS

Certain numbers are held back by the DVLA, usually 0-20 plus 100, 200, 300 etc and some others like 111,222,333 etc.

172 and 182 arent deemed desirable enough to withold, so they are (or rather were) allocated to normal cars. You wont find them on the DVLA site as they are all newly issued numbers, but you might find them on Newreg etc. They will have come off other cars though.

Slightly off the subject, but I see CL55 AMG and SL55 AMG are for sale soon on a DVLA auction. Wonder what they will go for? I wanted to buy one of the *18 TWO number plates but the missus said I was sad.

Abarth 500

Quote: Originally posted by adamcmoran on 22 June 2005

Slightly off the subject, but I see CL55 AMG and SL55 AMG are for sale soon on a DVLA auction. Wonder what they will go for? I wanted to buy one of the *18 TWO number plates but the missus said I was sad.
Is that a thumbprint on your head mate ;)

Yep certainly is, its a joint car though so I have to count myself lucky, she pays for half of everything, even letting me take it on the track. :D