ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 an i think F Ren

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

are the Formula renault engines the same as the 172??

I seem to remember some1 once tellin me they were the same Lump as it were.

I know there will be lots of differences but does any1 know if they have the same engine code?? Only http://www.manormotorsport.co.uk/manormotorsport ex formula reno champs are based in my village an well ya can see wot im thinkin!!!

ta

No the formula renault2000 single seaters have the same engine No. and power etc. Formula renault however have 3.0l i think.

Volvo S60 T5

Was speaking to one of the Renault teams at brands the other week, I asked the same question.

The Cups have the same engine but with a fair few mods, and the formula Renault have f4r engines once again modded.

Im not sure if the bloke was correct about the formula reno ones , but the cup racers are cup engines.

Would love a load more info on them, any good links on the web?

cliocup racers and Formula Renault have the F4R 730 series engine with very very minimal mods. Formula Renault V6 uses the 3ltr V6 though.

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Quote: Originally posted by renaultsport83 on 05 May 2004

ha ha ..... dont think so:eek:

LOL it would seem they are!!!

Think i may pay them a visit see if they can do anything for me!!

Well, the engines they use in the series area sealed so there aint much they could do engine wise, since they arent allowed to touch them.

And basically its the same engine, bar some management, induction and exhaust mods.

190bhp in the Formula Renaults iirc.

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

aaah wont bother then if they sealed.

yeah they 190 i had a look on renaultsport.co.uk

would have bin nice anyway.