ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup Dangerous when wet?

Cup'd Monaco 172
I disagree.

The clio, sports ones anyway, are good in the wet, not as much feel is my 205, but very capable. Oversteer is controllable in the throttle. You just need to know what your doing. The only thing that lets it down on mine, is the ESP keeps cutting in when you get it really out of shape, make it harder to straighten it up. Fortuneatle it doesn't cut the power completely.

The right tyres are critical imo for decent wet whether performance and predictiable traction.

Liquid yellow R26 F1
I disagree.

The clio, sports ones anyway, are good in the wet, not as much feel is my 205, but very capable. Oversteer is controllable in the throttle. You just need to know what your doing. The only thing that lets it down on mine, is the ESP keeps cutting in when you get it really out of shape, make it harder to straighten it up. Fortuneatle it doesn't cut the power completely.

The right tyres are critical imo for decent wet whether performance and predictiable traction.

Couldn't agree more... :) certianly makes a journey more interesting.. mine (172 Cup) has loads of grip with Contis, and i dont drive slowly whatever the weather..

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
i enjoy a bit of lift of sideeeeways every now n then! i agree with it being controllable but my mrs's managed to spin mine!! Fortunatelly i wasn't in the car or i would have went nuts!

I spun mine once but it was handbrake induced so dunno if it counts fully! haha

that was pre-coilovers.