ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Track/Fast Road car.

Haha he didn't have to try to sell me anything

Me: "oooh ooh you've got bimarcos - can I buy them and save me having to get some delivered"
Chris: "hahaha sure"
Me: "ooooh you've got a renault sport cup wheel as well!!!"
Chris: "hahahahah"

I'm pretty sure I'll be funding his new car lol

Apologies for the god awful iPhone photos

Bit more progress.. I have to say the novelty of standing in a freezing cold garage every night with a roll cage in my back (garage is too small LOL) is wearing off - think after this weekend I'll be leaving the car alone for a while.. but here goes

Tidied the wiring loom up some more and fitted my new coilpack bracket that K-Tec kindly sent out for me yesterday

Photo%2010-11-2011%2018%2041%2015.jpg

Photo%2010-11-2011%2018%2042%2046.jpg

I drilled the wheel arch at the weekend as well and mounted the various power splitter boxes - forgot to take a picture until tonight

Photo%2010-11-2011%2018%2043%2018.jpg

Also got a solderless nipple off ebay so got my throttle cable connected and it's the perfect height for a bit of heel+toe - so I'm happy with that

I have to say for the £38 it cost for the coil pack bracket I'm not too happy with the fitment of it

Photo%2010-11-2011%2018%2041%2039.jpg

Are the 182 cam covers slightly different or is this bracket just really badly made?

172 Cup CC
I'll have to keep an eye out for this around Lincoln, I really like what you've done with the car.

There should be another cup running around the area after next weekend.

I've sent K-Tec an email with a photo on it - hopefully I'll get a reply next week

They said £25 + vat on the phone - but then charged me £38. I'm assuming £8 for postage - but I'm kinda not impressed that it doesn't even fit lol

Spoke to K-Tec - they've tried one against their own cars and they're wrong

They've been waiting for ages for the brackets from a manufacturer and it turns out they've cut them wrong - OOPS
They said I can either send it back and they'll send me another one out when they get a new batch (which might be ages) - or I can have half my money back and modify it myself

As I just want the car running I've decided to take the angle grinder to it next week and have half my money back
Can always order another one next year when they get some replacements in stock :)

172 Cup CC
You could probably get a new bracket knocked up for less than 38 quid. There's a couple of machine shops in Lincoln who could do it for you. Would look super trick if you got it anodised ali too.

Had an awesome weekend on the car

Fitted my Polo radiator - tidied all the Omex loom up and *drum role* I cut all the old Renault engine loom out that I don't need now!!!

Photo%2012-11-2011%2014%2024%2044.jpg

Photo%2012-11-2011%2014%2024%2056.jpg

Forgot to get a pic of the radiator with the front bumper off :(
Fairly easy to fit though - just had to make 1 bracket up and pop riveted it on.

Also got around to fitting my oil catch tank - found a nice place between the expansion tank and power steering bottle

Photo%2012-11-2011%2014%2058%2020.jpg

I need to get some hose to connect the oil breather next week - and I'm not to keen on my chavvy pipercross breather filter - but it'll do LOL

Arty farty shot..

Photo%2012-11-2011%2014%2024%2035.jpg

Today I got even more done - took the whole dashboard out and wired in my Innovate Wideband Lambda and display.
Started looking at cutting all the wiring loom out for the airbag ecu and airbags etc... Wimped out at the last minute though and decided to leave that for another day when I can do some research and make sure the car will still run ok without it LOL

Garaged the car now - not doing anymore on it until January when I get my bucket seats and get the interior sprayed

The bodies sound sooooooo good - I'm gutted I can't go out for a drive in it yet. 6 more weeks to go!

Trafic 140dci
looks good mate, i like the catch tank, cant wait to fit my rad, makes a hell of a difference. do you plan on fitting a fan to your radiator? i've ended up with 2x 29cm slim fan's (long story) and obviously only need one, if you want it, pm me and we can sort something out :)

lmao... epic work phillip!! as said on PoT man.. that bracket needs inserting into whoever made/sold it, appauling....

as for the fans ^^

buy 1... hack down the A47 to pick it up and you can swing into the social club to see the rattlebox and i`ll make you a proper bracket that actually fits.....

looks good mate, i like the catch tank, cant wait to fit my rad, makes a hell of a difference. do you plan on fitting a fan to your radiator? i've ended up with 2x 29cm slim fan's (long story) and obviously only need one, if you want it, pm me and we can sort something out :)

Yeah I do mate - I'll drop you a PM :D

lmao... epic work phillip!! as said on PoT man.. that bracket needs inserting into whoever made/sold it, appauling....

as for the fans ^^

buy 1... hack down the A47 to pick it up and you can swing into the social club to see the rattlebox and i`ll make you a proper bracket that actually fits.....

Stu? Bloody hell you're on every forum LOL
I can't go anywhere until I get seats - hoping to pick them up week after Xmas
First place I'll be heading is the social club so I can bin K-Tecs bracket for a Stu special ;)

Coming along nicely Phil.

Cheers mate :D

I'm absolutely itching to get it back on track. I'm gutted that by the time the interior is painted and the cage back in and buckets fitted - it will be february and probably sat in 2ft of snow LOL

As soon as the weather clears up I'll be heading back to Brands Hatch!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate :D

I'm absolutely itching to get it back on track. I'm gutted that by the time the interior is painted and the cage back in and buckets fitted - it will be february and probably sat in 2ft of snow LOL

As soon as the weather clears up I'll be heading back to Brands Hatch!

Hopefully I'll see you out on the track again next year mate :)

Stu? Bloody hell you're on every forum LOL
I can't go anywhere until I get seats - hoping to pick them up week after Xmas
First place I'll be heading is the social club so I can bin K-Tecs bracket for a Stu special ;)

haha yes bruvva.... you gotta remember, the birds rocking the 172 so i need to work out how these poxy clio bean tins come to bits!!!

Bought a synchrometer this week - some long hex ball head keys - a PCMCI to RS232 card - a 3m long serial cable

Result of all that is the throttle bodies are fully balanced now, I've connected the laptop up and downloaded the ecu calibration for safe keeping and set the TPS raw values.
It starts first turn of the key from cold - ticks over smooth as silk at 900rpm - runs at stoich on idle according to the wideband
It's not popping or banging at all anymore - sounds lovely

Been down Rileys house again and agreed to buy 2 Bimarco Futura's, side mounts and sub frames. Also bought a cup racer steering wheel (I think I'm single handedly funding his new car LOL) :D

Pick all those up hopefully around christmas day at some point

Can't fecking wait - gonna be a happy christmas for me blatting up and down the Lincoln bypass lol

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
your guna have to tek me out in this when its back on the road :D ive been looking at a racer wheel! didnt know he had one :/

Had a busy couple of days

Leah and her parents spoilt me this christmas and bought me a Stack oil temp gauge and Stack oil pressure gauge - and a set of locking aerocatches

Boxing day she headed off to wales with her parents so I got cracking cutting the headunit blanking plate up and measuring everything

Photo%2026-12-2011%2014%2059%2032.jpg

I didn't have a hole saw that was 51/52mm so today I popped into machine mart and picked up a set of hole saws
I also nipped into B&Q and bought a new dremel and some metal cutting bits ready for doing the aerocatches in my bonnet.
I'm not feeling brave enough to start that yet so today I finished fitting the gauges

I have to say I'm over the moon with the fitment - took me ages of sanding and fiddling and gluing but they look fantastic!!

Photo%2027-12-2011%2013%2035%2022.jpg

I did measure up where I think the passenger side hole needs drilling for the aerocatches by making a template of the existing hole on the drivers side - but I'm not rushing it and cocking it up. Gonna wait until my mate comes over and helps me :)

Photo%2026-12-2011%2015%2017%2032.jpg

Aim is to have the aerocatches fitted in the next 2 weeks and the seats in - so I can take it for a trial run with the ITB's on. Theres a lincs ClioSport meet I'm gonna head over to that's local.

Then back in the garage and seats back out so I can paint the interior!

I'm on my own till new year mate so haven't risked swapping bonnets myself LOL - knowing my luck I'd put it through the windscreen

Next weekend me and Leah are gonna swap the bonnets and get chopping :D

172 cup
I'm on my own till new year mate so haven't risked swapping bonnets myself LOL - knowing my luck I'd put it through the windscreen

Next weekend me and Leah are gonna swap the bonnets and get chopping :D

Give me a shout if you get inpatient and want a hand swopping them over bud, have to say what you've done so far is to a high standard. Kind of makes me wish I put the ITB's on my cup

Trafic 140dci
Liking the gauges mate! Probably a bit of a dumb question but how do you wire in the oil temp & pressure gauge? would like to do the same & also have a volts meter so I can keep an eye on things :)

Give me a shout if you get inpatient and want a hand swopping them over bud, have to say what you've done so far is to a high standard. Kind of makes me wish I put the ITB's on my cup

LOL I thought you might say that - wait till I pop over and take you for a spin ;) You'll probably start building yours back up again lol

Liking the gauges mate! Probably a bit of a dumb question but how do you wire in the oil temp & pressure gauge? would like to do the same & also have a volts meter so I can keep an eye on things :)

I haven't wired them in yet - it looks pretty simple though. One wire that goes to the sensor
I've ordered a sandwich plate that fits in-between the engine and the oil filter - both the sensors just screw into that

Trafic 140dci
LOL I thought you might say that - wait till I pop over and take you for a spin ;) You'll probably start building yours back up again lol

I haven't wired them in yet - it looks pretty simple though. One wire that goes to the sensor
I've ordered a sandwich plate that fits in-between the engine and the oil filter - both the sensors just screw into that
so does the sensor just screw onto the sandwich plate? as i already have one of them for my oil cooler :)