ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Track/Fast Road car.

I've not fitted sliding rails for the track season - However I've just found out it's an MOT failure now if the drivers seat doesn't slide forwards and backwards.... So angry my piss is boiling :(

I've not fitted sliding rails for the track season - However I've just found out it's an MOT failure now if the drivers seat doesn't slide forwards and backwards.... So angry my piss is boiling :(

Would that only be applicable if the sliding mech doesn't work not if it has been completely removed?

This thread is seriously lacking in photos :(

I've moved my LC-1 wideband controller to under the car and put the wideband in the 2nd hole in the exhaust
I've fitted a ph1 clio 1.8 16v narrowband lambda (at omex's recommendation) to the first hole - fit brilliantly, the connector on the omex loom actually clips to the original lambda clip on the subframe - NICE!!

Took it for a run - perfect now. Idles at 14.7 on the wideband - doesn't smell of fuel at all - pulls like a f**king train. Chuffed to bits

I'll do a video this afternoon playing around a bit - don't want to go too nuts in this weather though - it's icey as hell

Realised my MOT isn't due in March - it's due in 2 weeks. So I'm going to have to get that sorted as a priority

Oh yeah I went to see Reverie at Autosport International yesterday to see which carbon airbox might fit with 120mm trumpets and clear the bonnet - he was selling stuff at trade price and offered me a show quality lackered carbon fibre 60mm deep backbox for £95 instead of £120
BOUGHT!!

LOL

Photo 14-01-2012 20 02 18.jpg

Need to pull the bodies off of the car after the MOT in order to measure and cut it - gives me chance to fit my PTFE inlet gasket too :D

Trafic 140dci
I thought 120mm was pushing the limits under the bonnet?
Nooo with the Pipercross C604d that me & Phil are running with the 60mm reverie carbon airbox you get 185mm inside the airbox/airfilter :) but the bonnet requires the bit under it where the catch is cut off.

So in theory you could run upto 155mm trumpets still leaving the req 30mm :)

Nooo with the Pipercross C604d that me & Phil are running with the 60mm reverie carbon airbox you get 185mm inside the airbox/airfilter :) but the bonnet requires the bit under it where the catch is cut off.

So in theory you could run upto 155mm trumpets still leaving the req 30mm :)

Have you chopped your bonnet yet mate?
If so any chance of some pics so I can see where mine needs trimming?

Trafic 140dci
Have you chopped your bonnet yet mate?
If so any chance of some pics so I can see where mine needs trimming?
It doesn't 'need' chopping, but if you don't it sits on the filter just a bit. I just took the angle grinder to mine and butchered it to be completely honest as i need a new one anyway lol. Do you still want a picture?

Had a s**t day at work and needed to unwind - so popped the bodies off the car and attacked the carbon airbox...

Measured a million times - and made stencils - and then started drilling

Photo 17-01-2012 12 42 36.jpg

It was a bit of lip-biting, tongue out kinda action but all ended well :D

Photo 17-01-2012 20 20 12.jpg

I've made a hole in the bottom of them for the cold air temp sensor too as I hate it when people just leave them flopping about in the engine bay - but I now need to find someone who stocks slim M10 x 1.25 nuts as I don't have one in my box of bits :(

Carbon looks p**n - and i'm picking up a pipercross sausage filter for it tomorrow. Going to run that through winter while I measure up and talk to Reverie about a suitable carbon front of the box :D

Oh and sorry for the s**t iPhone pics - better ones at the weekend when it all goes back together :D

Trafic 140dci
Looks good, probably a dumb question but do you gain anything from having a carbon front to the box? i would of thought it would help air flow just having the sausage filter?

Ask Tony :)

The airboxes provide nice still calm air for the bodies - whereas the filters are surrounded by turbulent air

Probably in reality a few bhp difference if that - but the noise I suspect is immense :D

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
There's a place on Westminster industrial estate that should be able to help you out with the half nuts if your desperate mate. Rockside I think it's called? It's over 3/4's of the way down the road.

Cheers DAR - I ordered some last night off the net, just thinking they probably won't arrive in time for putting it back together saturday

Northloop - Thanks mate, I'll check them out at lunch time, they're literally 5 mins from my house so it'd be nice to find a local nut/bolt supplier. Screwfix are useless!

Filters on :D

Photo%2018-01-2012%2012%2017%2009.jpg

I'm not keen on the giant Pipercross advert - but it's a nice solution for now until I get measured up for an airbox later in the year.
Plus there's loads of room for 120mm trumpets :D

Have to apologise again for crappy iPhone photos - I've been meaning to do a proper update with the dslr (I don't think I've even put up a photo of the seats yet) but weather is crap all the time

Anyhoooo - had an utterly w**k day at work on Thursday so came home at lunch and spent an hour putting the bodies back on

Photo 20-01-2012 17 27 52.jpg

As I said in my other update I made a nice little hole in the middle of the airbox for the air temp sensor - as leaving it rattling around the engine bay like most do gave me OCD issues

Photo 20-01-2012 17 28 00.jpg

Air filter then went on - the bonnet sits on it quite a bit so I cut all the studs off the bonnet for the old latch and smoothed it all off

(sorry - REALLY bad photo)

Photo 20-01-2012 17 28 55.jpg

I also fitted my PTFE gasket which has done a good job keeping the temperature of the bodies (and air temp in the box) down - which is nice

End of the mods for now as I need to get my MOT sorted - but a mate was round today and reckons he can get a pro bodyshop respray inside done for not much money - so that will be next, then cage back in, then Blyton for a play

Well this week has been lots of ups and downs

I swapped my K-Tec stealth and a bit of cash for an Oreca Group N system
Light isn't the word!!! The entire system weighs less than the center pipe of the K-Tec. So I'm pretty chuffed about that
Shocking fit though - stuck out about 4" from the back of the car and only just reaches the rear mount

Anyway reason for that was because I wanted to go back down to 2.25" for less noise and I also want a custom sports cat making for the MOT
The latter part turned out to be nearly impossible. No-one would answer phones, and the ones that did had no cats in stock
Friday I got the day off work and started ringing around everyone and found someone who would fit one if I could provide the cat - so I looked on ebay and found a company in Birmingham and gave them a ring. They couldn't do next day delivery and my MOT runs out Tuesday - so I jumped in the Clio and went for a 2hr drive to Birmingham!!

When I got there it turns out they were a custom exhaust company (MIJ Exhausts) - the cat was £145 but the guy offered to fit it for £50 straight away!!

Result is I've now got a 200 cell race cat and a group N exhaust system. They even shortened the cat slightly to make the exhaust sit perfectly and chopped 2" off the tail pipe
Properly chuffed!!

(sorry for s**tty iphone pics AGAIN, too cold to get camera out lol)

Photo 04-02-2012 11 46 50.jpg

Photo 04-02-2012 13 15 00.jpg

Photo 04-02-2012 11 46 33.jpg

The only problem is it's b*****d LOUD. Noise tested it

4,000rpm 93db
4,500rpm 96db
5,000rpm 103db

I'll be ok for the 105db days again but I'm gonna have to maybe try to find an exhaust bung for the 95db days :(
I thought the cat would quiten it down - but not even slightly

K-Tec also sent me a replacement coil pack mount that actually fits - so that's sorted

Photo 27-01-2012 13 08 51.jpg

I also developed a really annoying miss fire. Only 3 cylinders were working. After trying a spare coil pack and HT leads I then swapped the injectors - seems to have solved it
The injectors came with the bodies and look very old so I think one has died. Put my injectors on and it's running sweet

MOT is booked for Thursday - the guy had a quick look over it and said it was unlikely to pass because it was a "race car" - f**king *sigh*
Oh well that's a bridge to cross when I get to it

Trafic 140dci
Good work mate, i really wouldn't of cut the tail pipe down, i think that is one of the good things about the Oreca system, love mine, just fitted it on the ph1 today :)

6817369597_36b98e5504_b.jpg

Will be interesting to see how you get on with MOT as you've got the tape over your lights haven't you?

340i
MIJ exhausts... Yuck!! They are one of the worst exhaust companies going.. But that doesn't look a bad job!

I would of kept a little more length on the tail pipe, but I do like a little poke :)