ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Turbo - Track Car

SQ5
On one side it'll get deleted, on the other would you want him doing to others what he has done to you?

Cup Turbo, Flamer
If you've got over 300 bhp are you going to add a diff? It's gonna be a twitchy beast

Yeah deffo! It's on the list along with swirl pot set up. Won't be till summer next year as being close to Xmas, paying Mike and paying for Will mapping I'm pretty cleared out lol!

If all goes well with mapping etc I'll drive it through jan, track day in February and then see what needs doing after that!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
It's a Garrett, will find out exact one. Will probably do a few days but I use my track car..

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Just pop this up , think once it's had some serious tlc I'll get it to Chris just to check the map.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417629422797.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417629422797.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 118
  Cup Turbo, Flamer
I'm afraid not! Will hasn't got time to look at the air leak issue. So Mike is going up there on a fault finding mission, hopefully he can find it and mapping can start.

Will said it starts from cold perfectly, idles really smoothly then when up to temp the idle hunts around. ECU isn't flagging anything so must be something somewhere causing it! He mentioned it was mapped previously in a different way , probably to get found this issue.

Enthusiasm is starting to fade away now! Seems so close to being done which makes it worse I guess

Will and Mike have both been great in keeping me in the loop. I'll give Will a bell before Xmas for a catch up

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Thought I'd stick this here. Few years ago now, but the car was set up spot on and managed a 58.8 sec lap of Brands, this was pre turbo. Haven't seen the car for a while so was having a look back at the good times Haha!

Small update, idle has been fixed. Was found that the ECU wasn't supplying a constant 12v to the fuel pump etc so that caused the dodgy idle, sorted and onto the next brick wall!!
Mike and Will took the car out on waste gate pressure, 0.6 bar. All was going well and the car started to behave normally, was smooth and Mike mentioned it drove so much better than when he drove it to will in November - good times! They took the car back, wired up the boost solenoid and decided to wind the boost up. Nothing. Tested to solenoid and that was working, so it turns out the ECU isn't controlling the solenoid either - doh!

Will has been in talks with Sean from K-tec to try and find out if there is a setting to enable (Will and Mike have both said its already enabled and on but it doesn't want to work)

So that's where I am! Props to Will and Mike who have again both been great again.

Next stage is to see whether Will can get the ECU to function properly or whether it is duff and for for scrap! I'm really really really really hoping its something simple and not scrap!
If it is scrap - need to look for another ECU - oooof!

So close and another hurdle - grrrrrr!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Has anyone got the same ecu you can just plug in and try???
That may be a stupid suggestion!!

Cup Turbo, Flamer
So after a very lengthy chat with GEMs and K-tec - Will finally got the boost solenoid working. God knows how everyone else has enabled the solenoid so easily as by the sounds of it, it was a complete ball ache! ECU seems to be functioning properly now, so onwards and upwards!

53 Clio's & counting
Fantastic mate!

Over the years I have seen many tuners come and go, and all the big names seemed to all go the same way.

What Dan did is disgusting - you paid good money for him to f**k you over and it seems like he has got away with it - even worse that he hasn't even got the decency to post up and apologise - this doesn't surprise me mind, as all the big names have done the same and no one has the decency to admit if a mistake has been made.

Anyway it's great to see it up and running - must be a huge relief :)

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Cheers lads! Chuffed to have it back! Looking forward to giving it a wash!

Luckily @Russ_16v , I never paid Dan a penny, however did loose 6 months of time and cause Mike a headache

Cup Turbo, Flamer
It's a bit too rapid! I need a diff so badly but I've been without the car for so long i just want to enjoy it. Wheels spin in 4th under full boost, luckily its very controllable by throttle

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
How do I keep missing updates!! All these bigger power builds are making me wants to get my hands greasy again and order up some shiney forged bits!! Looks awesome [emoji3]

SQ5
Fantastic mate!

Over the years I have seen many tuners come and go, and all the big names seemed to all go the same way.

What Dan did is disgusting - you paid good money for him to f**k you over and it seems like he has got away with it - even worse that he hasn't even got the decency to post up and apologise - this doesn't surprise me mind, as all the big names have done the same and no one has the decency to admit if a mistake has been made.

Don't worry, Dan has started up again under a new name [emoji106]

Anything or anyone ever connected to GDI seems to be a proper arsehole.