ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup & UR197 next to waters edge.

R14 CUP
Me and Linz went out last night and took some photos of my Cup and her new Ultra Red 197.

We found an epic location, if only we had a better camera and a tri-pod they'd have been superb!!

Anyway, heres the pictures :)

4_zps8625a829.jpg

2_zps8b24ded7.jpg

3_zps37e5ea72.jpg

1_zps76c8efe8.jpg

3_zps90dfe25d.jpg

2_zps47572413.jpg

6_zpsc1982966.jpg

4_zpsa8ccafca.jpg

5_zps8e849954.jpg

Comments appreicated as always,
Jamie

Last edited:

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
One day maybe you'll be able to buy it back... One day - but it won't be anytime soon!!

I have first dibs on it. I have another one but its purely for track. probably getting rid of the ST soon as I might be getting a company car.

R14 CUP
Yeah, I'd seen it on Facebook. Yeah, I'll stick to my word, like you did!

The way things are going I can't afford anything better and the clio doesn't cost anything to run / keep.

Just need to sort out a few bits and pieces over winter - still needs some new top mounts - they have a very slight knock on full lock.

Still massively in love with it - it's a fantastic car - that can so easily put a smile on your face. Maybe it's not the quickest thing on the road, but it's certainly up there in terms of shear fun!!

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Yeah, I'd seen it on Facebook. Yeah, I'll stick to my word, like you did!

The way things are going I can't afford anything better and the clio doesn't cost anything to run / keep.

Just need to sort out a few bits and pieces over winter - still needs some new top mounts - they have a very slight knock on full lock.

Still massively in love with it - it's a fantastic car - that can so easily put a smile on your face. Maybe it's not the quickest thing on the road, but it's certainly up there in terms of shear fun!!

yeah its an epic wee car, between that and my ST definitely the best cars ive owned. The ST is so refined and 300+bhp and 350lfbt is silly quick and the mrs doesn't moan as it car be driven without droning too much even with the decat if you keep it off boost on the motorway. Though the cup for taking out on a weekend and going a drive is something else, wished I had taken it to knockhill but got the stripped one for that, tho engine is out of it just now haha!

R14 CUP
It's Linz' daily - I have driven it once, it drove really well. She's averaging around 35mpg out of it too - so in 197 terms she's doing bloody well!!

Only issue we have got / had is, it won't select 1st gear when you first start up. We've figured a way around it, but it's not ideal. We've got a years warranty on it - so will get it sorted in due course.

We've read a lot about gear box oil changes helping no end.

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Very nice cars indeed, both of them, what springs/coilovers is the 197 sitting on?

R14 CUP
It's just H&R springs - but looks great. Next thing we plan to do is spacers all around, will look perfect.

After that, just plan to get the wheels refurb'd - there a matt finish and never look that clean, so think we'll be going for a anthracite powder coated finish.