ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 in a mk1, Superfatdan's very very long project....

BMW M5 & E36
Re: 172 in a mk1, Superfastdan's very very long project....

Good work. Same suspension setup as I had on it. Where have you set the rear shocks out of the 3 positions? I ran them as firm as poss, made turn in a bit sharper and kept it lively.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Mine aren't adjustable on the back... :S

BMW M5 & E36

Did they come with the Konigsports? They will be if so. No obvious external adjuster. From memory, slide the black dust cover out the way, then on the top of the shock there should be a cap that's removeable. Under there is a push button, push that in then twist the shock while holding the button in. Should be 3 noticeable clicks. Assembly is the opposite of removal etc!

Edit, these are the same as the instructions that came with mine http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/beatjunkie98/koni2.jpg

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

I never knew that!! lol. You sent me the link from venom iirc. Either you or Jord.

I never read instructions, i'm terrible.

I'll look next week! (Yes, I am fully retarded)

BMW M5 & E36

They will be then, definitely. The ones that come with the Highsport's are fixed damping.

Hey guys, I too am about to do a 172 into a valver shell. Just a quick question if I may? If i use the the 172 lower arms can I still get away with using the original valver trackrod ends? I've heard they may be too short? Great work getting all that done in a weekend!!! Thanks for any help and good luck!

Last edited:

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Hey guys, I too am about to do a 172 into a valver shell. Just a quick question if I may? If i use the the 172 lower arms can I still get away with using the original valver trackrod ends? I've heard they may be too short? Great work getting all that done in a weekend!!! Thanks for any help and good luck!

Hi mate. I have used Williams rod ends and tbh, they are wound out very far so I doubt the valver ones will be long enough. I could be wrong though.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Just read this, looking great. Giving me dirty thoughts of getting an old 19 16v again though and sticking (well, getting someone else to) a 172 lump in it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Williams track rods are no longer available new and getting rarer secondhand :(

Last edited:

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Nope!

I have ordered (and recieved) Seat Ibiza rad, uprated fan, New seat mounts. I'm still waiting for my bias valve, brake lines and fixings etc. Once i've got all that, i'll spend a weekend fitting that little lot then its just wiring to do which I will pass to somebody else. Hopefully TDF as i've heard good things. Just don't know if they'd be willing to put their name to my crappy mk1! lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
So not a huge amount left but not going to be done for llandow still I guess?

You just need a reasonable auto electrician for what you're doing really rather than tdf I would think, cost wise etc.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
MY auto electrician (we call him matt eh magician) won't touch it. Sadly.

It won't be ready for llandow, I know this because I've already bought a car for the occasion! lol.

I don't want to rush the mk1. I did that first time round and I ended up with a lot of bits I wasn't happy with. I won't be making that mistake again.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Can totally relate to that.
Thats exactly why I'm not sure mine will be there as I dont want to get it there by cutting corners. I'll save that for on the track, lol

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
What's happening with this then? Will it make it to the trackday you booked?

Also what's under here on the cav turbo wheels?

07c72a05.jpg

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It won't be ready for llandow, I know this because I've already bought a car for the occasion! lol.

I don't want to rush the mk1. I did that first time round and I ended up with a lot of bits I wasn't happy with. I won't be making that mistake again.

What's happening with this then? Will it make it to the trackday you booked?

Also what's under here on the cav turbo wheels?

My mechanic Rob has two Cavalier Turbo's. Both completely standard minters.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
He's selling one of them but his main one he's had for about 7 years. Its stunning! I'll get some pics of it next time i'm up there.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Dan, whats the details on the cav turbo? My brother is in the market for one, whats the transfer box and bodywork like? any good?

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
No idea mate. I've got more than enough going on in my life without worrying about selling other peoples cars for them! lol.

Sorry mate.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I can imagine mate, well if you get the opportunity to get some further details or have some contact details for the guy, then if you wouldnt mind passing them on it would be muchly appreciated

Megane r26
Just read through this whole thread, awesome stuff. Shame it won't be ready for track but can understand where your coming from. No point doing a job twice. I actually remember seeing this shell on ebay a while back. Looking forward to you next update.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Looks like there won't be a single proper clio at llandow now then. Mine isn't done either :(
unless russ can make it.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Russ is having oil pressure issues. Suspected pump.

Thankfully he has a spare Williams so there will be 1 mk1 representing! lol.

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Just read this dan. Well. Your first post of thread. Hope everything goes to plan. Look forward to reading updates on this.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If you decide to go aftermarket now so that it makes it easier to then progress more with it long term let me know and I can come up and help you wire it in and get it running.