ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 v 182

VW Potato

Now, lets not start a bun fight. Next year, I plan to shop the 172 for an Ibiza TDi. This is part of my quest to slow down and chill a bit more. Until I saw new182s for little money at Trade Sales...

Thus, a dilemma is born - is the 182 appreciably different to the 172 to warrant me buying it, or have I had pretty much all the fun the 182 will serve up with the 172. Should I stick with the chilled plan and buy the Ibiza and keep the happy memories I have of the 172?

Hmmm.

g

[Edited by Scudetto on 13 September 2004 at 12:42pm]

VW Potato

thats kind of ya Tom. Youve been quicker with the offer of a drive than the Seat dealer! Mind you, theres no rush.

Sometimes choice is a bad thing. I see that you can now buy used GTV V6s for £7k...either I stick to the Seat plan or I go cuckoo trying to choose something ;-) Would help if i had some priorities, so here goes:

1) must be relaxed (so thought a torquey diesel would do. Or a Merc V8)

2) No more sports seats or sports suspension.

3) Must be relaxed and happy to lollop about.

4) Small ish, coz I cant park for toffee.

There you go. As a life long car nut, thats all I can muster up in my quest for a new car. Pathetic, isnt it - whats gone wrong eh, lol! :)

g

VW Potato

yes yes, I appreciate that - but does the 182 warrant the upgrade or should i now say been there, done that and move on from Renault?

g

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

If i were you i would move on.

i saw a nice alfa GT jtd yesterday.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

insignia

Well the difference between the two is hardly noticeable.My 182 seems a little noisier but apart from that I cannot see a difference in handling or performace.

VW Potato

182 Sport, cheers thats what I wanted to know!

Tom - a GT is part of my long term plan. Buy the Ibiza soon, then buy a new house, then in two years park a lovely GT V6 on driveway of said new house.... ;-)

g

I have a 172 and Ive no interest in trading it in for a 182. if Id have had the 182 from new then Im sure I would have been happy with it, but I plan on keeping my 172 for a few years then going back to a nice V6 or something once Ive done the hot hatch thing.

Hi chaps!

Just thought Id say Im on the hot hatch revival at the moment, having just bought a Clio 16V 1.8. I started my craze in 1993 when I had an Uno Turbo ie, then a Fiesta Si, a Civic VTi 3dr, an Integra Type R, Impreza WRX, Lancer Evo IV GSR and then a Honda Prelude Type S.

I admit the main draw was the insurance - but over 30 mpg is a real bonus!

I am feeling like a teenager again! (not literally though)

.....1st day on ClioSport.... apologies for the post hijack!

theres seems to be quite a few people that have changed from a 172 to a 182, so it cant be that similar! have a test drive and see what you think!

insignia

Quote: Originally posted by ClioDan on 13 September 2004

theres seems to be quite a few people that have changed from a 172 to a 182, so it cant be that similar! have a test drive and see what you think!
It is.

That is such a nice looking car. How could anyone by a BMW 1 series that looks like an Astra estate when theres that to be had?