ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup spoilers and sat nav.

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI

When i ordered my 182 last week and got the cup options fitted i noticed on Renaults ordering system that if you get the spoiler package the sat nav cannot be fitted. Is this correct? I did not ask at the time as i dont want the navigation anyway but if this is the case then whats the problem with getting both? It could be that i completely mis-read it of course!!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Yup the cup spoiler fouls the ariel thats used for gps.

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI

Ahh i see. Thats a bit dumb. You would have thought that given its quite an expensive piece of kit they would have rerouted it or something.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Ok. well thats the reason that i got from renault.

(Not a dealer)

But i imagine you are correct.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by TheRonin_172 on 09 February 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 09 February 2004

No it doesnt :p I have a cup spoler and sat nav ;)
yes but they both werent factory fitted were they? You must have added the cup spoiler as Renault will not factory fit them both on the 182.

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 09 February 2004

Quote: Originally posted by TheRonin_172 on 09 February 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 09 February 2004

No it doesnt :p I have a cup spoler and sat nav ;)
yes but they both werent factory fitted were they? You must have added the cup spoiler as Renault will not factory fit them both on the 182.

Yes the cup spoiler was added after, but it doesnt affect the gps areial at all.

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI

So if it does work with the spoiler fitted why dont Renault offer it as an option to be fitted if you get the spoiler pack? Sounds like a conspiracy to me.:confused:

I recon the spoiler will lower the reception so they dont want to risk people complaining about ther sat nav not working and then having to try and think up a fix for it. Best to tell people, they canoot have the combination

How can the spoiler reduce the reception when the hatch is down the aerial still sticks up about 8 inchs as on all the clios, the spoiler only catches the aerial when the hatch is open.

Paul

Quote: Originally posted by paul172 . on 09 February 2004

How can the spoiler reduce the reception when the hatch is down the aerial still sticks up about 8 inchs as on all the clios, the spoiler only catches the aerial when the hatch is open.

Paul
I dont think the sat nav even uses that areial.

Ford Fiesta

isnt it the sat nav aerial u find on the espace etc the little dinky one which says gps on it? I.e no whip part?