ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cup with or without splitter?

Hi all.

Recently purchased myself a RB 182 cup from a local dealer and it would seem requires some work underneath following some possible grounding out damage.

The left arch lining is cracked and hanging, some very small plastic piping is loose (not sure what this is for?), the part covering the radiator is loose and the rivets missing in places. There is also a part snapped which bolts across the middle covering the radiator section (any guesses welcome?).

We couldnt work out why the underside of the bumper itself had no visable damage but then it dawned on me, as to whether the cup models should have a splitter as standard?

Should I also be chasing up the garage to also replace this? I believe mine has both cup packs (anthracite wheels and larger rear spoiler?).

Any help on identifying these parts and info on the splitter asap would be most appreciated.

Last edited:
  Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
What seats you got, cloth or part leather or recaros?
cup has cloth

And have you got A/C or CC?
cup has A/C

Its definately a cup mate. Cloth seats, just A/C and cup badges on rear and doors. Just trying to work out as a result if it should have had a splitter as standard?

Next issue is arguing this out with the garage who may adopt a sold as seen policy. Yet they were supposed to have checked the whole thing over before the sale went through and failed to report all the underside damage!

Da

Less
As a rule the Cup's came with the splitter standard and the non-cup's had to have the splitter cup pack added as you correctly state.

They are an expensive piece of plastic at circa £140- £170 from the dealers, although they were often forgotten to be fitted and people had to chase the dealers for them.

Do you suspect the car has had a new front bumper? Any pictures?

Thanks for the info guys. Nothing to make me suspect the car has had a new from bumper, guess i'll just have to speak to the garage tomorrow when I take it in.

I'm told it still has about a month left on the Renault warranty, would they replace the splitter direct if the garage fail to come good on this?

No pics as yet by my new digi cam is on the way so i'll try and get something up later this week.

Any ideas what the parts are called as I have described above?

Thanks for your help guys. Appart from the cosmetic damage, which they will fix im really happy with it. Mint condition with just 26k on the clock trade in on the 206 GTI.

Last edited:
I'd ditch the splitter anyway..
think they look far better without that plastic rubbish that fades after a few months

Hey guys.

Well, i spoke to the garage who have agreed to replace the undertray etc. so just waiting on the part now. The wouldnt budge on the splitter though and quoted £128 from Renault with free fitting.

Is it worth trying to pick one up cheaper elsewhere and is it worth having the splitter at all? To be honest I didnt even notice it was missing until I started looking at a few other pics on here.

A few of you have mentioned the CF splitters are cheaper or maybe even picking one up as seconds from the someone here?

What to do.....