ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 delivery checklist!!

Afternoon! Pick up me motor tomorrow 2pm. Things i need to check for include

2x cans tyre foam
Cup susp & wheels!
Splitter
Spoiler
That boot storage thingy
No sratches / similar
Taxd
Full tank petrol
AA & Warrenty are in place

Are there any other important docs/items that Ive not thought of?

Thanks yall.

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Matt ATR on 30 June 2004

mats & fasteners
Yup, I got both mats but only one set of fasteners....

Check that Drivers window is one touch...

I think youve just about got it covered. just give it a good going over before you take it....

ClioSport 182

A few points ...

Full tank of petrol, since when has this been included??? I had just enough to arrive to the petrol station which was about 50 m away! and I bet the b*stards didnt put 98 in either.

I dont remember getting a certificate for the alarm? Ill have a rummage around for it. Is it a single sheet of paper?

When you refer to the fastners for the mats you refer to the "pins" which are on the underside of the mats?

Thanks,

KnightAzul

Dont know what sort of alarm it was, cant remember, i got a A5 form filled in by the bloke that fitted it, proof for insurance i guess

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 30 June 2004

Check that Drivers window is one touch... ????

Why ?
Well you dont have to if you dont want to!! Just to make sure it works!! Its programmed at the dealers as part of the PDI and is not done at the factory iirc....

Quote: Originally posted by langers on 30 June 2004

Thingy for the lockin wheel nutts
Ta! Am gonna have to write all these down...

Maybe we could do with a sticky post as lots of folks must be needing this kinda info?

Quote: Originally posted by KnightAzul on 30 June 2004

A few points ...

Full tank of petrol, since when has this been included??? I had just enough to arrive to the petrol station which was about 50 m away! and I bet the b*stards didnt put 98 in either.

I dont remember getting a certificate for the alarm? Ill have a rummage around for it. Is it a single sheet of paper?

When you refer to the fastners for the mats you refer to the "pins" which are on the underside of the mats?

Thanks,

KnightAzul

Ah-ha. Nicely done - thanks! Yeah, LOL re tank of petrol - but no harm in trying huh. No doubt itll be running on vapour..

Lee

BMW M2C

I also got an alarm fittment certificate.

My mats were still wrapped up in the boot, but the sales guy did at least point that out to me!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Dont forget the car itself.

Wheels, engine, bodyshell, dash, steering wheel, seats all important things.

Okay, so far we have...

Docs:

Taxd
AA docs
Warrenty
Certificate for alarm
Servicing docs / plan & contacts
Manual

Car:

No sratches / similar
2x cans tyre foam
Cup susp & wheels!
Splitter
Spoiler
That boot storage thingy
Alarm is fitted
Mats & fasteners
Drivers window is one touch
Thingy for the locking wheel nuts

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 30 June 2004
Dont forget the car itself.Wheels, engine, bodyshell, dash, steering wheel, seats all important things.

you forgot about the keys tom!

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by AndyG on 30 June 2004

Okay, so far we have...

Docs:

Taxd
AA docs
Warrenty
Certificate for alarm
Servicing docs / plan & contacts
Manual

Car:

No sratches / similar
2x cans tyre foam
Cup susp & wheels!
Splitter
Spoiler
That boot storage thingy
Alarm is fitted
Mats & fasteners
Drivers window is one touch
Thingy for the locking wheel nuts
Think youve got it all!!

S1 Elise 111S

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

oh ok......these look metal though....mine are black and flimsy plastic with one pin on the back that is supposed to snag the carpet at an angle......(does that make sense)...........

Leon TDI

Dont forget to take back your tax disk back from your old car if you have more than one months tax remaining, to reclaim from the DVLA.

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Bubba 182 on 30 June 2004

oh ok......these look metal though....mine are black and flimsy plastic with one pin on the back that is supposed to snag the carpet at an angle......(does that make sense)...........
lol... looked again and they do look metallic.... but they are deffo black plastic. the part that fixes to the floor has a hook on the back of it to spike through the carpet iirc....

just 2 questions how long does it take for log book to be sent after picking the car up?

Where are the locking wheel nuts for the car (182) ?

Ford Fiesta

the nuts should be on the wheels when you ick it up, the normal nuts in the locking nut case with 2 keys. Renault white box, locking wheel nuts, parts boutique think they say on them...

Yes mine had thye locking nuts already installed and log book arrived within 5 days. A question well 2

Any one know what the red light between the gear change and the cigarette lighter is?

Also is there a drawing to show how to wiring a CD change from under the passenger sit via the transmission house into the back of the player?

Black 182 + Recaros

"Any one know what the red light between the gear change and the cigarette lighter is?"

Isnt this the immobiliser or alarm. I thought there was one light for each, the other light being on the dash.

Matthew