ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 exhaust, PIper?

Hello, my 182 has rust in both back boxes so looking to replace. i have searched on here and read a lot about it. i want as little noise possible over the original stock exhaust but dont want to pay renault full wack. from reading this site is seems the Piper is the quietest but cant find any videos. been on youtube and those exhausts just sound f'ing awful, scorpion/yazza etc. if you guys have these it maybe that im too old for that kind of sound! :)

anyone got a noise clip of a piper exhaust with a standard CAT in place?

also are these the complete cat back system:- a lot cheaper from motorsportworld - http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/frame-detail.asp?PAGE=/manranges.asp than piper direct? - http://www.piperexhausts.co.uk/exhaustshop/product_info.php?cPath=147_159_466&products_id=4339

can these be fitted yourself? ie. no need to weld or anything?

anyone think of a quieter exhaust?

thanks in advance

LY 200
Unless they've made them quieter for the later models Pipers are noisey but it is a nice noise all the same!

I had a cat back (no decat) on my old Valver/hybrid and that sounded like a monster on full chat and pretty droney just sitting at 70 so cant imagine the 182 versions are any more sound proof!

ok thanks for the info but still doesnt clear it up! Pretty quiet is difficult to clarify, is that in comparison to standard or a miltek with decat. shame i cant find a video somewhere. i might try and phone piper and see if they can provide me with anything. the Renault exhaust is £550 andi think of spending this much just to make sure its quiet which seesm stupid as it not even stainless steel and will go again

ok i phoned up Piper, helpful guy but didnt have any kind of MP3 of the sound. He said he thought it was 95dB as it had to be reasonably quiet becasue of racing. said it was louder than standard as it was stainless steel but not too bad. they also do so 2 systems, 1 quiet with 2 back boxes and 1 with 1 box for a louder system. just in case anyone else wanted info. the 2 back boxes was £350 + VAT i beleive but seen it cheaper on motorsportworld i think. this may help any others out that are looking at their exhausts :)