ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Exhaust snapped off, Renault want £747

Clio 182 RS
I have an 05 plate Clio RS 182 and last night the exhaust snapped off just behind the cat. Just been to a local exhaust fitting place in Lincoln and they have had a look at it and told me the cheapest way to go about it would be for me to buy a stainless steel exhaust and get them to fit it for me.

So as a barometer I thought i'd phone up A.C Williams in Grantham to get a quote for a new exhaust from the cat back, their quote was £747 including VAT but not including fitting........ i nearly fainted.

So my question is could anyone give me the name of a decent stainless exhaust manufacturer and the number of a supplier for said exhaust.

Thank you for your help.

Mondeo diesel barge
Got to agree with the scorpian RS192, excellent exhaust. It's not too loud, gives a slightly deeper sound than standard.

Same for me, quoted £700 fitted for a genuine renault exhaust!!!!!!I got a SS janspeed straight through from ktech for about £340 cost £40 to get it fitted.

S4 Avant
JP Exhausts in macclesfield will make one to your specification for less than Renault want. That way you don't have to have an uber loud chav pipe. Like mine.

182 FF
Got my milltek through the milltek website from a place in Nottingham. INRacing there website is www.primaracing.com, cat back s/s system £350, then got pc motorsport on the high street to fit it, cot me £25 to be fitted where the delivery was gonna be £15 so i collected it and got him to fit it, fair play PC motorsport have done all the work my car has needed since, top bloke with good prices (hard to find)

The fit of my milltek is bang on and i think looks better than a yozza but no doubt i will get some abuse from the yozza heads for sayin that, end of the day its each to there own

Same happened to me and Renault wanted more than they've quoted you. The price started at £1000!

Got a Janspeed supersport from K-Tec for about £340! Better quality and much better sound than the original Renault item and of course much cheaper! Good work Renault ;)

330ci sport
Is the exhaust completely dead?

Similar thing happened to me, Cat Flange cracked and ultimately failed. The lads at NW Performance sorted me out by cutting off the join at the CAT/centre pipe and welding in a new solid flange (similar to the ONE where CAT meets Manifold). Much cheaper than replacing a perfectly good exhaust!!