ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Trophy questions...

How much does the air con weigh in the trophy? Was told about 40kg - sound about right? Also, is stripping it out classed as a modification for insurance purposes?

Also...

Has anyone had their inlet manifolds matched on their trophy? Is it worth doing or has it already been done by Renault on the 172 to make it a 182?
It's seems like a relatively cheap mod that comes highly recommended when beginning to mod the engine.
I'm getting used to the throttle response now and there's a definite 'kick' between 4-5k revs which I feel should kick in earlier.

Thanks

1.2 clio grande + 172bhp
if your removing the airconditioning pump. you'll have to change the multi function bracket and get one off a 172. And you'll need different pas pipes as the pas pump is situated in a different place.not sure if effects insurance though the gas flow manifold is worth doing, got on on mine. but you should also get a cold flow air filter as well. Also the cam shaft advances the inlet timing at 4000 rpm that why their is a kick.

MINI JCW
According to GDI inlet manifold matching can give an extra 10bhp depending on the mismatch.

I would imagine stripping the car would class as a modification, also it seems a little pointless to spent that much on a car then rip its interior out

If this was your aim from the start would a 172cup not of been more appropriate

320d
The vast majority of the 10bhp gain between the 172 and 182 comes from the exhaust manifold being 4-2-1 on the 182 and only 4-1 on the 172

tiTTy & SV650
The trophys supposedly have specially selected engines, but I doubt they do...

So matching would have the same effect as on any car

Has anyone actually matched their manifolds on their Trophy though, or at least a 182 cup? If so, how much of a difference did it make?

ShaunG said:
if your removing the airconditioning pump. you'll have to change the multi function bracket and get one off a 172. And you'll need different pas pipes as the pas pump is situated in a different place.not sure if effects insurance though the gas flow manifold is worth doing, got on on mine. but you should also get a cold flow air filter as well. Also the cam shaft advances the inlet timing at 4000 rpm that why their is a kick.
The kicks down to the cams coming on timing and the fueling maps changing I'm sure.