ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Renaultsport badge positioning

Arctic 182FF
Just removed the old-fashioned looking standard renaultsport badge from my boot and have a 197 style badge waiting to go on. I was just wondering what people used to make sure it was positioned correctly? Has anyone measured out where it should be to be sort of inline with the Clio badge on the other side and mid way between the number plate recess and edge of the bootlid? Also what do people use to make sure it's straight? I was going to mark it out with masking tape but not sure holding a spirit level next to it would do the trick to make sure it's level. It's going to be fitted to a 182 by the way.

Cheers

Ph2 Meg 225
I used masking tape from the bottom of the bootlid and went up in strips, I also did it on the right side with the clio badge so I knew the amount of strips required to get them both in line.

Using the bottom of the tailgate will give you a straight edge before the curve for you to use as a guide when taping, if non of your tape edges overlap it will give you a level Line for your badge.

I then did the same vertically to find the centre of where the badge would be positioned on the left side of the bootlid, does that make any sense? Hahaha. Mine was the 200 badge fitted to the left with the clio badge kept so yours may vary slightly when centralising

Last edited: