ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1994 172'd Mk1 Valver Track Car

Megane R26
Re: Valver Track Car Project Thread

Lovin the thumb grip on the hacksaw blade!!! Ghetto style lol.

172 Race Car

Very impressed with how the dash has turned out mate. Looks very neat but minimalist.

Good work on the windows, altho they might be better if you could see through them ;)

BMW M5 & E36

Didn't use enough goo to stick the sunroof in, all my efforts with the weights will have to be repeated!

Cheers Jay.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

surprised you havnt plated the sunroof,tiger seal is what you want its awsome

172 Cup

Just read through the whole thread mate, really impressive. so much time put in, hope your really impressed at the end

320d

Have you driven it on the road yet then? How does it go compared to the 182?

Its come on realy well. Proper project.

BMW M5 & E36

Not yet mate, will try and get tax sorted tomorrow if i can get to a post office on time, save waiting a few days for it to arrive if I do it online.

Been down the road in it, just gently though.

BMW M5 & E36

To celebrate near road-worthiness I took a few (read lots of) pics. Got the Williams wheels back on, way better IMO. One window bonded in and currently setting, hence all the rawl plugs holding it in place. One will do for now :clown:. Enjoy

IMG_2046.jpg

IMG_2047.jpg

IMG_2048.jpg

IMG_2049.jpg

IMG_2050.jpg

IMG_2051.jpg

IMG_2052.jpg

IMG_2054.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2057.jpg

IMG_2058.jpg

IMG_2059.jpg

IMG_2060.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg

IMG_2065.jpg

IMG_2066.jpg

IMG_2067.jpg

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2072.jpg

Wide much?

IMG_2070.jpg

Last edited:

Looking really awesome.... quick turn around too :D

Where did you get the polycarb from to make your windows and how much if you don't mind me asking? :)

its spread from that williams steering rack I gave him ;)

"Welcome to Mk1 Ownership."

ValverInBits

apologies in advance for the half speedo cable still attached to your new box mate.
You'll sort it, I have faith ;)

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

apologies in advance for the half speedo cable still attached to your new box mate.
You'll sort it, I have faith ;)

there a nightmare for getting stuck in the box,i always put copper grease on them

too bad i couldnt get the thread out of the box today ;) guys off till next week too, so you wudda been farked with mine!

BMW M5 & E36

Box on and engine back in. I've been roped into Alton Towers tomorrow so will get it all connected and bolted up on saturday and go from there.

BMW M5 & E36

Well...

Gearbox has now been changed, point8 motorsport :clown: item in it's place. Bought some more gearbox oil as the old stuff came out like silver hammerite, put that in, all back together. Cool i thought.

Took it out for a drive and the f*cking thing still vibrates like mad when turning right as it did before.

A bit of a look around and we decide that the driveshafts are too long. I'm running 19 16v wishbones, which are the same as Williams. Quick text to the fox and he's running 172 wishbones. Measure ball joint bolt to wishbone bolt on mine and a 172 and we have 5-10mm difference, 172 being longer. Bingo. I need a pair of 172 wishbones before next weekend.

Mk1's :rolleyes:

BMW M5 & E36

Stava on here has a pair for sale and happens to be in Lincoln tomorrow, worked a treat!

TVR Cerbera

Chris, make sure you check the length compared to your willy ones, to check the extra isn't gained from using a different bottom ball joint and it is the wishbone that is longer