ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1994 172'd Mk1 Valver Track Car

BMW M5 & E36
Re: Valver Track Car Project Thread

what's all this painting balls !! get the other shaft fitted gearbox oil in and get her oooot for a rag!

Tempted to sack the painting off for now and get it running first, shall see. Inside of doors and bootlid might wait til later on.

TVR Cerbera

sorry if i've missed something

but have you used williams wishbones + arb along with 172 hubs/struts/shafts?

widetrack + big brake in one swoop?

IIRC
172 hubs and brakes and shafts
willy struts
R19 16v arb and bones

Chris will confirm no doubt

'92 172, Lotus Elise

but the hubs need machining don't they?

just wondering as it looks like a quick and easy way for bigger brakes!

already got the widetrack, so would only need some hubs, brakes and driveshafts

Megane R26

i promise i won't leave you behind.....much

ill try throw a spanner in the works there, been out today for a propper blast and the konis are spot on. theyre confidence inspiring over the stock shocks n springs loads.

BMW M5 & E36

but the hubs need machining don't they?

just wondering as it looks like a quick and easy way for bigger brakes!

already got the widetrack, so would only need some hubs, brakes and driveshafts

Machining/grinding ;) yep. 26mm down to 22mm, so 2mm off each face of the part the strut bolts to. Then the shock holes opening up to accept 172 bolts, 14mm bolt rather than the 12mm as per 16v/Williams.

BMW M5 & E36

Just booked Brands Hatch and Oulton Park Renaultsport trackdays, and waiting on an email back to claim my cheap Cadwell Park day.

BMW M5 & E36

Been masking and painting tonight... til a lack of paint brought a stop to the proceedings.

Bootlid off for better access and to stop it being painted

IMG_1801.jpg

Old school sticker of win, well some of

IMG_1803.jpg

The newspaper print wrap

IMG_1804.jpg

IMG_1804.jpg

IMG_1807.jpg

IMG_1808.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1811.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1813.jpg

IMG_1814.jpg

#7 down. The mother is getting me more tomorrow, B&Q wont serve me as you have to be 21 to buy paint :S

IMG_1815.jpg

Chris

looking good mate, but 21 to buy paint? when did that rule come in? i got some on sunday! lol

BMW M5 & E36

Its fookin daft!! Bought it first time no bother, went back for more....'any ID please sir?'...yeah sure.... 'sorry I cant serve you'.... AY?!!?

ValverInBits

FLOL @ Paint situation. bet that was a shocker at the tills. "any ID for that?"

I hope these rattle cans have been weighed and added to the spreadsheet under "paint weight"

Good work mate. Really hope to see this on the road soon. I've found some bits to buy for mine, I'll keep you posted

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP

law on spray paint is a buyer must be 16 but company policies can be higher. progress is still at a good pace met your excited mate.

TVR Cerbera

The paint age is dead funny, and i think you should forget the 449 blue and go for newspaper black and white....

Should be round tomorrow to lend another pair of hands again

BMW M5 & E36

And then, at quarter past 1 on Wednesday morning, 4th March, it lives again!! :D:D

:race:

TVR Cerbera

It'll be quick enough after i've 'tweaked it' then Chris can bolt a turbo on, and it'll turn into a monster, lol

Clio 172 ph2

that must of cost a fortune to paint the inside with rattle cans!!! have you finished the inside yet? thread is wicked just read all 20 pages, sad??. keep up the good work matey.

shopy

ValverInBits

It'll be quick enough after i've 'tweaked it' then Chris can bolt a turbo on, and it'll turn into a monster, lol

What tweaking is this!
About all I can think of is tweaking the TPS, new lambda (worked wonders on mine), good CAF setup, off the shelf EPROM chips - otherwise it's internal work....

LOL@ bolt on a turbo. Whiteley loves people in this thread spending his money for him :D

TVR Cerbera

What tweaking is this!
About all I can think of is tweaking the TPS, new lambda (worked wonders on mine), good CAF setup, off the shelf EPROM chips - otherwise it's internal work....

LOL@ bolt on a turbo. Whiteley loves people in this thread spending his money for him :D
Nah wouldn't touch the tps, no point imo, i'll check the lambda (thx), dunno what Chris is doing with regards to air filter/caf or the chip side of things, but i know i couple of good tricks that worked with my 92 valver 10 years ago!
Chris has already said to me he can't wait to next winter to bolt a turbo on it! lol (he's been in coops' valver turbo with 260ish bhp! and wouldn't stop grinning for a week)

ValverInBits

Chris has already said to me he can't wait to next winter to bolt a turbo on it! lol (he's been in coops' valver turbo with 260ish bhp! and wouldn't stop grinning for a week)
EPIC good news chris :D.
Be interested to hear about your tweaks daz.

320d

rapid? standard 1.8? behave lol :p

It will still be pretty quick with all that weight loss.

Should look into Cams and a remap for it. Jords Valver goes well enough with those mods.

BMW M5 & E36

Been a while without an update, but I've been pretty busy. Not taken any pics since the last set but things have come on quite a way. I'll let todays 'current status' pics show you where I've got to. Note it's at the top of the drive, under its own steam ;)

Lots of pics:

IMG_1817.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_1821.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg

IMG_1823.jpg

IMG_1824.jpg

IMG_1825.jpg

IMG_1826.jpg

IMG_1827.jpg