ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1994 172'd Mk1 Valver Track Car

Re: Valver Track Car Project Thread

seen it done a few times, i was going to try it with aerocatches as i dont personally like the look of the traditional pins, but never bothered

BMW M5 & E36

Its only a couple of minute job to take it off as it is anyway, I dont use the nut behind number plate and the arch screws are only finger tight.

BMW M5 & E36

Done 200 miles in it today, no problems so far. Things are hopefully looking up :)

BMW M5 & E36

I honestly don't know. Originally thought oil pump, but i've done 250 miles on the engine now and kept an eager eye on pressures and temps and it's spot on. Oil hasn't once been above 100 degrees now I've got the Mocal cooler fitted so thats good too.

Clio Hybrid / S3

Looking good Chris, nice meeting you! Like i said, need any help just give me a text :)

Clio 220 lpg

Looks a nice car, thought of rallying one of these about 7yrs ago but went the 172 way instead.
Do you have any idea on how much it weighs?

BMW M5 & E36

Looking good Chris, nice meeting you! Like i said, need any help just give me a text :)

And you, thanks again.

Looks a nice car, thought of rallying one of these about 7yrs ago but went the 172 way instead.
Do you have any idea on how much it weighs?

I'd like to think somewhere around the 800kg mark, but I don't really know. Possibly a bit more. As standard they're meant to be 980kg, and ALOT of weight has come out. I could have got lighter seats as these are pretty bulky, and the cage obviously weighs a fair amount. Going to a weigh bridge is all well and good, but they're calibrated for 40ton trucks so a little clio on them isn't going to be the most precise!

BMW M5 & E36

Yesterday was the Renaultsport trackday at Brands Hatch. Headed down Tuesday evening with Foxy and stayed over ready for an early start.

Having only got the car running on Saturday, I'm pleased to report that it behaved for 180 miles down there, a days abuse, and the drive home this morning too :D. Oil didnt once get above 110 degree's, good pressure throughout, and coolant temps stayed where they belong too.

Cracking day, excellent track, good people. Really enjoyed myself :)

I got most of my tracktime on video, which is currently on foxy's laptop, so i'll wait patiently for some of that :evil:

I've sent off for the Renaultsport CD of the day and will continue to search online for pics, but here are a few non-track ones for the time being:

DSCF3046.jpg

DSCF3085.jpg

IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2183.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2191.jpg

IMG_2187.jpg

IMG_2192.jpg

:cool:

BMW M5 & E36

Videos from Brands Hatch Renaulsport Trackday, click the HQ button for better quality on any of them...

Firstly the Mk1 Battle between Me, Jay S, f0xy and Midge...best of the day!

[youtube]sFnCdH3RsF8[/youtube]

[youtube]Q17rPd00b7g[/youtube]

Then Me vs some various 1*2's, maybe members on here?

[youtube]7vLOvAT6Ph8[/youtube]

ValverInBits

lovin the vids mate. You make excellent use of the width of the track! :D

BMW M5 & E36

Another one, a little bit more damp! -JB- Passenger.

[YOUTUBE]1wxD7KLo-dE[/YOUTUBE]

BMW M5 & E36

Somewhere between Brands hatch and my house the regulator in my brand new alternator packed up, causing it to charge my battery at 18v. Result was one boiling battery which started leaking and smelling awful.

Anyway, good service to be fair, I sent the unit back to 'rotatingelectrics' on ebay who bench tested it, agreed with my diagnosis, and sent me a replacement unit out but this time with an OEM Valeo regulator.

Fitted that this afternoon which means it works once again!

Cleaned it and got some pics:

IMG_2225.jpg

IMG_2226.jpg

IMG_2228.jpg

IMG_2230.jpg

IMG_2232.jpg

IMG_2233.jpg

IMG_2234.jpg

IMG_2235.jpg

IMG_2236.jpg

Also picked this up from Mossy the other night, Mongoose system. I have a straight decat on the way to replace my silenced one too, so when that arrives I'll get them both on. Hopefully in time for FCS.

IMG_2249.jpg

Ph2 Clio 172

loving the MK1 mate, very nice, also liking the white interior, looks very fresh :)

BMW M5 & E36

Fitted my Mongoose exhaust and decat after work this afternoon, much better! Video uploading at the moment :)...

Track valver + Ibiza FR

Not a bad little car really, one pretty good driver aswell :evil:

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200

Excellent work Chris, exhaust sounds wicked mate, glad it was ok for you :cool:

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34

sounds great, lol at truck in video.

BMW M5 & E36

Not a bad little car really, one pretty good driver aswell :evil:

That backwards moment at Marham, loves it! :approve:

Excellent work Chris, exhaust sounds wicked mate, glad it was ok for you :cool:

Bit of a game to fit with that extra joint in, but not too bad. Thanks again bud :)

sounds great, lol at truck in video.

I thought my phone was going to be done when I saw him pass.

nice *Bang* between the shifts :cool:

:evil:

JDM Dc2

the exhast sounds proper beefy, love the pops aswell, what did you have on before the goose??