ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1st Car, Euro style-inspired Renault Clio

Hi,
New to the forum, thought id post up my Clio, only 17 so tried to get modding on a budget as i work when i can but still at school.

Please leave comments, positive and negative!

My first car, got it for my 17th Birthday at the end of March, done a few things and will update as i go along.

6252_222624450289_826765289_8198668_1520164_n.jpg

Tinted Windows and Black Painted Steelies
6252_222624455289_826765289_8198669_6825074_n.jpg

Before Paint
6252_222624500289_826765289_8198672_8208509_n.jpg

After Paint
6252_222629475289_826765289_8198751_5128226_n.jpg

Lights imported from Germany
6252_222629485289_826765289_8198752_3234651_n.jpg

Before the New lights
6252_222629500289_826765289_8198753_8346697_n.jpg

After New lights!
6252_222629515289_826765289_8198754_7268641_n.jpg

Standard dull grey Bump Strips
6252_222629520289_826765289_8198755_2741141_n.jpg

Blackened bump strips with red detailing
6252_222631380289_826765289_8198850_8111607_n.jpg

Close up of detailing
6252_222631395289_826765289_8198851_8013787_n.jpg

Black 15" Lenso BSX wheels
6252_225459585289_826765289_8268630_4077256_n.jpg

6252_225459590289_826765289_8268631_5018425_n.jpg

6252_225459595289_826765289_8268632_859056_n.jpg

Also have mods inside...

Kenwood head Unit, MTX door speakers and tweeters, Cobalt Amplifier, Focal Sub. BTW - none of this was from Halfords!
Glowshift Elite 7 colour Rev gauge.

In future...
Hoping to buy colour coded bumpers but they are proving a pain to find, so might just paint the ones ive got.

Debating whether to be subtle and go for dual optic sport headlights, or black angel eyes.

Pressed Aluminium plates.

Also considering lowering 30mm to give subtle stance.

please leave comments, Cheers

None
Go lower the 30mm, wont notice it, and for euro its nice if its slammed.
Not keen on the lights

Wheels are really nice, where did you get them from, Price?
Some Duel Optic headlights will make it look a lot better as well
and yeah a colour code will really suit it.

Otherwise yeah doing alright mate nice one

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
12. Please refrain from making excessive negative comments. As the saying goes "If you have nothing nice to say then don't say it". You are welcome to say you do not like the look of something but not post spiteful or hurtful comments repeatedly. Breaking this rule will result in a minor infraction (1 point).

As per the forum rules, I am going to keep my mouth shut.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Rear light aint for me tbh.

dual pptic front lights is the way forward! looking for some myself lol.
if id seen this earlier i could have got u some colour coded bumpers my local scrappy just crushed a red clio when i was there after i got parts off i wanted lol
love the wheels though ^_^ u ned to go lower than 30mm i dropped my 40 and aint really noticed much of a diff :S

Looking good tho keep updating

~Tunst

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
loving the wheels big time, lights make me wanna be sick, get it lowerd keep the bumpers and strips black and u have a winner!

Rear light aint for me tbh.

dual pptic front lights is the way forward! looking for some myself lol.
if id seen this earlier i could have got u some colour coded bumpers my local scrappy just crushed a red clio when i was there after i got parts off i wanted lol
love the wheels though ^_^ u ned to go lower than 30mm i dropped my 40 and aint really noticed much of a diff :S

Looking good tho keep updating

~Tunst

dammit haha i've looked everywhere! just my luck...

well plenty of people like your rims on CS and everyone thinks you have splits.. so its all goood :)

IMHO.. I think your a fool for wasting your money on cheapo fake splits when you could buy real BBS RM split rims for similar money

The BBS would hold there money for years to come and not be worth sub £100 in 2 years time when there cheapness begins to show

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
ppl will never know there not spilt rims when you doing 60-70mph down the road tho :rasp:

until you stop then they will ;)

~Tunst

well plenty of people like your rims on CS and everyone thinks you have splits.. so its all goood :)

IMHO.. I think your a fool for wasting your money on cheapo fake splits when you could buy real BBS RM split rims for similar money

The BBS would hold there money for years to come and not be worth sub £100 in 2 years time when there cheapness begins to show

Well as i said, I have been working on a budget and i am very happy to have these 'cheapo' fake splits, that were neither cheap, and do not look cheap either.
I didn't want BBS splits, as i don't have the time or money to be doing anything with them.
as with all alloy wheels, people like wheels that others don't. i am aware that you dont like my wheels, but i do not need to justify why i bought them!!
please attach a link of your project car.

Well as i said, I have been working on a budget and i am very happy to have these 'cheapo' fake splits, that were neither cheap, and do not look cheap either.
I didn't want BBS splits, as i don't have the time or money to be doing anything with them.
as with all alloy wheels, people like wheels that others don't. i am aware that you dont like my wheels, but i do not need to justify why i bought them!!
please attach a link of your project car.

They are not cheap wheels true..... but they look cheap imo (chrome plastic)
Brand new BSX prices would cover a second hand set of BBS RM's... you would rather have BSX... thats fine
You don't have to justify anything to me & your welcome to air your opinions in my project thread(s) :)

clio sport 172
As with all project car's there are good points and bad points, i like the style that you are going for as i have a clio sport that i am trying to go euro with so i like it those wheels are a nice alternative to bbs's if you cannot afford them on the lower part you need it low as poss as the saying goes you aint dubbing if you aint scrubbing haha, if you want inspiration mate go on www.eu-mania.co.uk site dedicated to euro cars there cars are seriously awsome hope this helps mate :)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
They are not cheap wheels true..... but they look cheap imo (chrome plastic)
Brand new BSX prices would cover a second hand set of BBS RM's... you would rather have BSX... thats fine
You don't have to justify anything to me & your welcome to air your opinions in my project thread(s) :)

chrome plastic??
also sure the price of the wheels would cover the cost of second hand bbs,

but youd still be saving for the refurb and to get the outer lip polished,

no point in getting splits at all, the lensos are just as good for the money,
and as previously displayed, no1 can tell the difference,

however,
i do hate when people get these rims and claim there car is euro,
needs a big drop, some colour coding, oem+ bits, and spacers,

not to mention rid of those horrible rear lights before you can claim it to euro, all imo,

but if you like it, thats all that matter,

fell free to take copy some of my mods,
im attempting to euro a ph1,
though i cant be bothered to link to my thread,

sorry.

chrome plastic??
also sure the price of the wheels would cover the cost of second hand bbs,

but youd still be saving for the refurb and to get the outer lip polished,

no point in getting splits at all, the lensos are just as good for the money,
and as previously displayed, no1 can tell the difference,

however,
i do hate when people get these rims and claim there car is euro,
needs a big drop, some colour coding, oem+ bits, and spacers,

not to mention rid of those horrible rear lights before you can claim it to euro, all imo,

but if you like it, thats all that matter,

fell free to take copy some of my mods,
im attempting to euro a ph1,
though i cant be bothered to link to my thread,

sorry.

Not claiming it to be euro at all.
as the title says, Euro style-inspired Renault Clio. i like elements of the euro styling, such as subtle mods like the bump strips, and euro style wheels, but i dont claim to have a euroed clio.

They look like they are made from plastic lol

I paid £450 for my BBS RS... I should have bought some lensos... im such a fool lol

rant over!!:eek:
its not just the fact that i prefer my lenso's to a set that id have to refurb unless i struck extremely lucky, i did shop around a lot, as i wasnt going to rush into buying anything. but any decent BBS wheels are very hard to come across, especially second hand, and i am only 17, so when am i going to find the time to learn how to, then refurbish a set of wheels!
not my idea of fun which is why iv done some of the things ive done so far.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Not claiming it to be euro at all.
as the title says, Euro style-inspired Renault Clio. i like elements of the euro styling, such as subtle mods like the bump strips, and euro style wheels, but i dont claim to have a euroed clio.

oh my bad, lol
defs follow the euro path tho,
it is the way farward lol,

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Get some euro style rears mate, some stretched tyres, slammed on coilovers and fully colour coded and it'll look pretty sweet. Your always gonna get people that dislike things about cars so don't worry buddy.

Vibed loooowww 1.poo
coilies and spacers, get ph2 lights, i usually agree with different style lights coz OEM can be boring some times, the wheels are nice though mate, u should think about spraying the bumpers gloss black maybe, try something different..

Needs slamming, Colour coding and loosing those s**te rear lights.

Quite like the wheels regardless of them being fakes, But it needs some decent mods to pull them off.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182

valid point winston but you cant buy fully refurbed bored out BBS RS/RM's with tyres for the same price, if your me and you DONT have a full time job you go for the thing that looks just like it and you dont sound like a Wheel toff ;) <3

Anyway back on topic cars no were near euro styled and you aint gonna achive the look with a 30mm drop :dead: (euro is small wheels, low and a decent stance) loose the lights, CC the trims, put the steals back on till its on its arse, Suspension first wheels second oh n dont put angel eyes on it just duel optics if you can find some

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Looks Tidy IMO for a 17 year old who is still at school and working P/T.Wheels are not offensive, car just needs lowering to give it a better look.Lights are not to my taste, personally would have popped in a set of PH2 lights.

Charged Superleggera
get rid of the rear lights and get some standrd ones or fk ones, drop it on coilobvers and you will ahve a great looking car

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
lose the rear lights, and tints. then ide colour code it, coilovers and it will look nice! like the wheels thou :approve:

12. Please refrain from making excessive negative comments. As the saying goes "If you have nothing nice to say then don't say it". You are welcome to say you do not like the look of something but not post spiteful or hurtful comments repeatedly. Breaking this rule will result in a minor infraction (1 point).

Please read the above, the next person will be getting points. Feel free to give advice, but unless its constructive, dont say it!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
cheers, just saving for coils i think, been quoted for colour coding but its 350 quid and it might not be the right colour as mine is faded... so probably wont be doing that!
Have a go yourself mate, get some sandpaper. I'd say start with a low grit to smooth the plastic down. I would use 40 grit but some may argue its too abrasive. Once the plastic has lost that plastic trim feel, get some 240 grit, then 400 grit until its smooth. Cover it in grey primer, then paint it and finish it with some 1500 grit. It'll save you £350, which imo is way too much. The £350 you put towards some coilies and slam it on its arse ;) Also, please change the rear lights. Lights that stick out from the bodywork look cheap and tacky imho, try some smoke or tinted lights.