ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2001 Renault Clio Grande 1.2, £150 project.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I always thought the non-sport lenses were glass?!

Fair play though, this is going to bea little minter for someone.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Nah they are all plastic on mk2s, mk1s had glass Sir Daniel.

Track rod end has arrived, just waiting on the rear wheel bearing now. By the looks of things its had new brake shoes and front discs and pads fitted within the last year, bonus!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you dived in to a slurry you'd come up smelling of roses.

Jammy git.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Another addition to the Clio, was offerd rear boot lid spoiler for free
smile.gif
So i swapped them around today.

before

650f2c28.jpg

7f4eb63e.jpg

After

f1cce118.jpg

2af6377b.jpg

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Finished cleaning the engine bay, scuttle and underside of bonnet tonight. Much better, missed the f-ing dipstcik though
censored.gif

54100d35.jpg

45d335f9.jpg

b45b70b4.jpg

f77a2dc1.jpg

989eadb4.jpg

7a37f2ba.jpg

a3ca3c9b.jpg

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Love it - When you look at it now you have to think it was sacrilege to even think about scrapping it.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
So, the Clio is done mechanically, just done the track rod end and wheel bearing tonight.

Spend is now at £241.30 inc buying the car.
Left to do is new number plates, £7 and a m.o.t £35

So the total when i dont have to spend anymore money will be £283.30 :cool:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I absolutely love it. You cannot beat a mint standard car. (apart from those mickey wheel trims!)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Did you spray the wheels satin black first? (I think i'm taking this a bit too seriously)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Did you spray the wheels satin black first? (I think i'm taking this a bit too seriously)

Funny you should say that, I was gunna go over the steels with some mat black first, then couldnt be fuked lol. They arent to bad tbh.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
WD40 on a rag brings them up a treat, about 10 mins just before the punter is coming to view it.... ;)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Think they got a coating of silicone when i was going crazy with the tyre shine last week at work, so they do look quite clean. Nothing worse than new trims ontop of dirty rusty steels.

Ive had a few offers from friends etc around £800, but tbh i hate selling cars to people i know because if they fuk up you feel like a bellend. Take the Mrs old 2003 megane, sold it 6 months ago to a mate, he rings me up Sat just gone to say the car is like a pond inside and it wont start, just says electrical fault oppps. Feel guilty even though its not my problem.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you want piece of mind that it won't come back, then that needs to come at a price. A price that is less than £800 my spanner spinning friend.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
hahaha, everyone loves a trier.

Lets be honest, you'd be clinically insane to sell it to me. If you advertise that for £995 on a thursday, it will be gone by saturday lunchtime.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
I keep watchings Clio on ebay (99' 00' 01' models) go for like £500, but then again they are all a bit tatty. I suppose decent pictures, good description etc should see me the money.

Well hopefully the log book will turn up this week, i should be getting it m.o.t'd this Sat. So i shall advertise it on Sat evening on Pistonheads and Autotrader.

Do you reckon no tax will put people off? As they only way i could tax the Clio would be to insure it which i dont want to do.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you get desperate I can tax it for you, just means a trip to Bristol.

But imo, you've got to try it without, no point in spending money thats not needed.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Bit more done tonight, washed, clayed (piant was properly ruff/contaminated) and 2 coats of srp, just to see her shine up a bit before a DA on the weekend
buffer.gif
. New dealer plates fitted today aswell, for the pair and the lower surround came to £6.37.
biggrin.gif

Excuse the iphone picture quality!

6ac2ffab.jpg

1889130b.jpg

8792eae6.jpg

24c237ea.jpg

407772a3.jpg

Old plates, i hate GB plates!!

5731d9aa.jpg

New ones

4bf02d3b.jpg

2e033aef.jpg

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
M.O.T time on Saturday morning, ive decided not to do it myself and let a work mate do it. First car ive owned where someone else will be doing the m.o.t. fingers crossed!!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
So the Clio passed its M.O.T today at Renault with NO advisorys
thumb.gif
also a health check was carried out and its all green!!

So the Clio now ows me £282.67!!

She is now ready for sale!!

Heres when i first got it

b62a8542.jpg

874469af.jpg

59144fad.jpg

a93a118c.jpg

And now....
SAM_0199.jpg

SAM_0200.jpg

SAM_0201-Copy.jpg

SAM_0202.jpg

SAM_0203.jpg

SAM_0204.jpg

SAM_0205.jpg

SAM_0206.jpg

SAM_0207.jpg

SAM_0208.jpg

SAM_0211.jpg

SAM_0210.jpg

a912a79b.jpg

Ged

PD130 Peach
full of awesome! Cant beat a pretty mint looking car that only cost 300 quid haha

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Yea quite pleased with it tbh, everything went smoothly and no nasty suprises on the way. Glad i saved this little clio from the scrappy!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Awesome, got a young lass coming from western super mare tomorrow at 10, she seems well excited about it. Fingers crossed.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Anybody with half a brain cell will just buy it. If you take any money off the asking price I will disown you.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Anybody with half a brain cell will just buy it. If you take any money off the asking price I will disown you.

lol, im gunna stick to 995, its only been on autotrader for 3 hours, so im sure i will get what im asking.