ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4CAR.CO.UK - REVIEW OF CLIOSPORT 182

Interesting that Renault think buyers dont want a proper cup version!

Did cup buyers really go all namby pamby asking for air con, abs and traction control they may as well just buy a std 172!

It says in that article that it is available in the bright yellow, "Outside, the 182 is available in six different colours, including a rather bright pearlescent yellow - which works quite well with the dark Cup alloys.", as shown in the pics, I thought that colour wasnt coming to the UK ?

Looks nice but I am still not sure about those wheels and those pea-shooter exhausts.

If you have a 172, would you go for a 182 instead ?

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by Viv172 on 29 January 2004

Does that mean the 4k rattle will be in stereo???;)

I want one!! :)
No that means its now at 8k. So your quite safe. :)

"the most powerful production hot hatch in its class"

dk

911 GTS Cab

whats all this £16013!, must have put the price up overnight! That is the best review so far I think and is making me even more anxious to get my car.

The bit that excites me is Out on the road, you can instantly tell that this car is special. That new exhaust produces a wonderful boom not dissimilar to a BTCC Touring car - which gets more vocal throughout the rev range up to the 7,200rpm limiter. Winding the windows down is obligatory when driving through tunnels, where the roar envelopes you.

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 29 January 2004

It says in that article that it is available in the bright yellow, "Outside, the 182 is available in six different colours, including a rather bright pearlescent yellow - which works quite well with the dark Cup alloys.", as shown in the pics, I thought that colour wasnt coming to the UK ?

Looks nice but I am still not sure about those wheels and those pea-shooter exhausts.

If you have a 172, would you go for a 182 instead ?

Now that Ive read that review YES!!!!

Nice car - will book me a test drive when I can, see if its worth an upgrade to a cupped up one.

By starting off with 182 BHP and then doing the mods such as IK, decat, r-sport ECU - should see a lot of 200 BHP clios about and all for approx £700. :D.

This has to happen as I am just about to buy a 172 doesnt it ! Ah well, I dont think it is worth the extra £3,000 for me to get a 182 at the moment. Still not sure about those tailpipes, they are just too damn small for the holes in the bumper and for the car !

The wheels are also w4nk ! Really sh1te !

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Looks good, if/when I am looking to change from the 172 the 182 may be a serious replacement option.

I wouldnt go out and sell my 172 just to get a 182 though, not enough of an upgrade.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 29 January 2004

This has to happen as I am just about to buy a 172 doesnt it ! Ah well, I dont think it is worth the extra £3,000 for me to get a 182 at the moment. Still not sure about those tailpipes, they are just too damn small for the holes in the bumper and for the car !

The wheels are also w4nk ! Really sh1te !
what as opposed to slightly bigger 1.2 Dynamique wheels that you are buying! At least they are different and are the start of the Renaultsport Signature to be carried through to the Megane 225!

I think that when a lot of the people who are against them see them in the flesh in Anthracite they will start to change their minds!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 29 January 2004

I think that when a lot of the people who are against them see them in the flesh in Anthracite they will start to change their minds!
my mind is already changed.. I love the new wheels and the 182 as a whole..

its a shame but its still not as quick as the cup...the wheels are growing on me..anyone know how much these are gonna be..thanks

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Im reserving judgement on the performance until Ive seen a "proper" set of performance figures for the 182 and driven one for myself...

Growing on me more & more now though, but still prefer the Turinis on the Cup.