ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

<6000 milers P/A, 3 Years exp, 3 NCB's, 3 Points, age 22.

Italian 3.2 V6
My insurance is due for the 182 in Jan.

What insurance are you lot getting and who with? im struggling to get below £1.4k?? seems abit steep!

3 points are for minor offence (CD10), i also live in a safe village out in country so all should be good!? (CA6)

Thanks, Piers.

Thats around what I'm paying with Admiral for my 182 trophy. Age 20, 1 years NCB ), clean license and good postcode.

Italian 3.2 V6
i am but £1400 seems too much? i mean look what Josh above payin.. lifes a c**t!

just fired a quote in with GreenLight, see what they can do.

Listerine & Poledo
eh?

Josh says he's pating roughly the same. Sure, he may have some more NCB, but then he hasn't got points.

and any points are a reason for insurers to screw you, hence why barristers make a killing getting people off of points day-in, day-out.

Hell, I've got 11 years NCB, no points, but because the other half (no claims in 3 years on the road) doesn't have 5 years road experience, I get a 300% hike in premium.

Here's the choices:-
Deal with it
get another car
get the bus.

sorry chap

Golf GTD Mk7
what did Greenlight come back with mate. Shouldn't be too bad i'd imagine. Everyone else I try are stupid like yours :mad:

Italian 3.2 V6
odd, admiral quoted me £1800!! :S

direct line and adrian flux have been cheapest so far £1100. still waiting to hear back from greenlight...

2005 Clio Sport 182
its the cd10! driving without due car and attention isnt a minor offence. this is what makes my insurance go up alot as my brother has one of these convictions on his licence

Ph1 ITB'd 172
Admiral/Elephant/Bell - both parents on the policy. Done.

They are massively cheaper than everyone for me at the moment.

ETA, all the 3 companies are sister companies but offer different prices some times. I got the best quote from Bell, but as I was already with Admiral rang up and they matched it. Otherwise just do the comparisons and try everyone not much more you can do!

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Add a parent to the policy. It brought mine down massively.
To give you an idea, I'm 22, 3 years NCB no points. My insurance is due on January 7th.

My best quote so far was from Admiral for £740.

2005 Clio Sport 182
Try adding a lass onto your policy. my mate added his bird and it brought it down a bit. another mate herd this so he added one of our female friends and it brought his down a bit aswell.

Italian 3.2 V6
Just added both my parents and brought it down a further £100. :) im happy paying around £900-£1100

I'm 22, 5 yrs experience, 4yrs NCB, 10,000miles a year including commuting and my cheapest quote on a 172 is £490. That's for my renewal at the end of this month.

That's with admiral. I always find either admiral, bell or elephant the cheapest.

Italian 3.2 V6
those points must f**k me up big style like :(

only got them for pissin indicating the wrong way lol.. brilliant!

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
ChrisKnott are also pretty good, my points (3) only added around £50 to the premium.

racing blue 182
iam with brentacre

25yrs old,3 years no claims,fully comp on my 05 rb 182 in a f postcode lol

£619

Titanium 182
Does seem a lot, I'm with Admiral - 21yrs old, 3yrs NCB - the 'A' rated postcode helps me bring it to just under £700 f.c.

Skoda Fabia vRS
seems about right to me, ALL car insurance went up early this year, most by hundreds !

i struggled to pay the same as last year, nobody could come close to Flux who i renewed with

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Out of interest (because i'm nosey :eek:)

Baines/PSJ - what exactly did you do to get the dwdc points?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Its because you drive a yellow car and ur from carlisle... My insurance is cheaper than ur insurance :rasp:

Italian 3.2 V6
I indicated the wrong way lol..

Went to turn left so indicated, relised it was wrong turn and quickly went to take the right turn instead and coppers were right behind!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
That is ridiculous. Alright it wasn't the smartest thing to do, but unless you were a complete bellend to them, there should have been no more than a telling off.