ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A 172 Cup Lacking <3

RB 182 FF
Bought my third 172cup after selling a beloved RB FF over Christmas to release some money whilst work dried up! I managed to sell the RB for £3000 and set aside £1000 to buy another sport of some description

Dephaser hadn't been changed when the cambelt was done (3k) ago - so shes a rattler! Cam seals leaking out all over the thermostat so who ever did the cam belt clearly was clueless and probably used shite ebay parts... Cracked bumper, a cracked wing, a dented drivers side door and s**t bonnet with some lacquer peel and a dent, So after haggling him down to something that was less than half the original asking price i bought my next project!

photo_2.jpg
photo_1.jpg
photo.jpg

RB 182 FF
clio.jpg

Stripped ready for the replacement wing found on flea bay! Also forgot to mention that on the way home, every time i came to a stop and off the revs the battery light came up so have ordered a new alternator as i need the car reliable for the 5th (work)! Speedo was intermittent aswell so have also order a new Sensor for the gearbox - anyone fitted one of these?

RB 182 FF
Sounds like a bargain if the work can be done by yourself or you can get it cheap!
Paid £600 for it. with service history up until a year ago. Sat on 72,000 ish!

The wheels were all suffering from the usual blistering so i decided to do a DIY wheel refurb! (Progress Over Past Two Days)
IMG_0107.JPG

Removed the loose and blistering paint with a wirebrush fitted to a drill
IMG_0096.JPG

RB 182 FF
Gave the wheels a top coat, and exposed some more filling that needed doing!
IMG_0144.JPG
IMG_0146.JPG

Have Lacquered them today will post final results tomorrow! Did the center caps in Anthracite and the badges in Renault Yellow to slightly off set them!

Attachments

• IMG_0144 (1).JPG
    IMG_0144 (1).JPG
    905.4 KB · Views: 23
  RB 182 FF
Had a busy few days (this is a bag log of posts basically)

- After removing wheels a looking at suspension etc, noticed front driver side spring was snapped and sat outside the cup :( so have ordered a 40mm Apex Lowering kit and fitted it with new track rod ends & bottom ball joints!

- Started Repairing Front Bumper
IMG_0167.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0157.JPG
    IMG_0157.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
  RB 182 FF
Ill stop attaching extra images when i get used to this thread stuff! :)
- Rubbed back my furry white fuel rail guard and sprayed it Anthracite, made up a ELF decal on the missus cutter and lacquered it in...
IMG_0157.JPG

Have also ordered a OMP Boss Kit, and Sabelt steering wheel from Renault for collection Saturday!
Fitting the new wing tomorrow if UPS turn up and the alternator and new belt

RB 182 FF
Back to work now and paid off what i needed too bill wise over the Christmas period, it's an addiction :smile:
Wheels cost me about £60 to refurb all in all, OMP Boss Kit £60, Sabelt Steering Wheel £147 + VAT, Springs £98, Track Rod Ends £18, Bottom Ball Joints £16 or there abouts... Yeah i can see where this is going!!! £140 on an alternator this morning...

RB 182 FF
Cleaned the cross member and in and around the light housing and lower legs, im pretty sure this car has either been rallyed or atleast seen a few gravel traps in its time!
Coated the rocka cover in high temp yellow, then assembled inlet plenum, fuel guard rail! Have ordered blue conduit for the loom and a yellow acoustic hose for a bit more colour!
photo (13).JPG
photo 1.JPG
photo 1 (1).JPG
photo 4.JPG

Attachments

• photo (13).JPG
    photo (13).JPG
    955.5 KB · Views: 28
  R35 GT-R, 172 Cup
Mate those wheels came out really well. Car is coming along really nicely, you don't hang about do you lol

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Where the hell did you find this?
I might be after a cheap one soon and always miss the deals.

Wheels came out nice. What colour are they?
Let me know how you get on with the seats and how good they are for folding forward as I was looking at these. They come out an accord type r? Or Golf Gti special edition?